PDA

View Full Version : Need help pricing a Custom Universal Psionic gloves for thrower characters!

Gavinfoxx
2020-07-06, 12:59 AM
So I'm thinking of some gloves, mostly based of of a combination of:

'Gloves of the Master Strategist'
'Gloves of Object Reading'
and
'Gloves of Endless Javelins'

my idea is that the powers it requires to make are:

Object Reading
Extend Range
Compression
Call Weaponry

And, of course, it'd require Craft Universal Item.

So here's what I am thinking.

First, it can store a single non-ammunition type, non-grenadelike, throwable weapon, where the completely mundane, medium type is 3 lbs or lower, provided there is no artificial launcher for the weapon (like a sling, atlatl, a string, etc)
Second, if it is storing such a weapon, you can activate it as a free action to summon a temporary copy of the throwing weapon in either hand, which lasts until you resolve an attack with it or until the end of your turn, whichever comes first. You can have two such copies of this weapon 'out' at the same time, enabling various tricks with two weapon fighting, including the feat Dual Strike, or enabling the Master Thrower trick 'Palm Throw' to function.
Third, they'd just function as gloves of object reading, because gloves of object reading are cool.
Fourth, they'd provide the benefit of a minimum manifester level Extend Range to the stored throwing weapon.

What would such an item cost?

Also, how do I make it obvious this is a universal item, and very psionic in flavor, rather than a wondrous item?