PDA

View Full Version : How good is DMsGuild Guild Adepts?

D&D_Fan
2020-07-09, 05:37 PM
How balanced are the different things that have been included, and what books have the best homebrew stuffs in them?
There are new classes, subclasses, spells, monsters, magic items, rules, and pretty much everything else.

Zuras
2020-07-09, 10:22 PM
It varies widely. I don’t have any advice other than to check the reviews. The additional content for the storyline seasons starting with Tomb of Annihilation is pretty good, and I got lots of use out of Beasts of the Jungle Rot and Lost City of Mezro. The S8 and S9 additional content looked good as well when I read it, but I haven't run it so I can’t attest to the balance.

As far as new class options, I don’t use them (besides the Tortle package) so I can’t comment on their balance.

jaappleton
2020-07-10, 09:59 PM
Soooo....

There's honestly only two names I personally recognize: James Haeck and James Introcaso. Both have worked rather extensively, actually, as freelancers for WOTC. They have writing credits in many of the 5E books.

That said...

As far as their player options, and monsters that players can utlize via something like Polymorph, how balanced is their content?

......Its... Uhh... It could be worse.

There's some solid content in there, for sure. Don't get me wrong. But those two aren't the type to... They don't push things to the limit to the point of nearly breaking it. They don't take into account how totally broken things could be if you pushed them in a certain direction, because that's now how they play (I've seen them play PC across various streams), that's not how they think.

From one of the Tomb of Annihilation supplements one of them did, there's the Entropy Domain cleric. Which isn't bad. It's a bit... odd. But not broken, not terrible.

But if you take their stuff, and mix and match with some other official content, its possible to come up with some Paladin 2 / Sorc X style builds in terms of power.