PDA

View Full Version : Secret villains and false bodies

moonfly7
2020-07-10, 07:00 AM
So a week or so ago I asked my gaming group what new mutants and masterminds game they wanted to play and gave them a few options. In the end they chose the 3rd option, which is a game where 2 of the 5 players stat up villains to run parrelel to the hero's. I thought it would be fun and make new roleplaying opportunities. And apparently so did they.
Issue was, every player wanted to be a villain. I almost told them we'd just play a villainous game, but then I thought better. I told them I'd roll a dice with numbers corresponding to a player. I'd roll it twice and text the 2 villains privately.
What they don't know is that I didn't roll a dice. I just texted every one of them privately and said they were one of two villains, but to keep it secret at least till the game started.

Now I've got some of the greatest villain ideas before me, and surprisingly, all but one of them wants to maintain a false hero persona. Here are my villains:
False Body
A super genius former mercenary/assassin for hire who was betrayed by a client. He lost his lower half in the Explosians and barely survived, he escaped to his Bermuda triangle secret base and is now floating on a giant to be to stay alive. His hands and feet in the real world is a nano bot puppet that he can control via said secret base, this is the method through which he hunts his would be killer. To help him do so he's posing as a new hero in the city the campaign is set in, tracing a lead to his foe.

Doctor telephone
this one is based on an inside joke and comic my friend wants to draw someday. To avoid the nonsensical backstory and reasoning, I'll give you the barebones of doctor telephone: he hates telephones with a vengance. He's sworn himself to a crusade against them, he destroys them at every turn, kills phone company CEOs, destroy cell towers, and fights his enemy at every turn. Why, you ask? Because his mother named him telephone. And she hated telephones, so she hated him. And he blames phones for that. He's a techno path who has control over most tech and sees himself as a hero, just one society doesn't understand. Telephone poses as a pro phone hero.

The anarchist
This one is a doozy. The villain has mind control abilities, albeight not super strong ones. He never shows his face, and his real job is as an UPS driver. He controls random people and has them sew chaos. He'll make a father of 2 bomb an orphanage, cause riots, and instigate police violence, or other things to turn the people and government against each other and themselves. His stated goal is to prove how, at our basest, every human is a chaotic, selfish thing, and that our "Great nation" could never stand the tests of time because of it. None could. He's aided in his coldly calculated brutality by a surprisingly non-mind controlled ally. He hasn't given me a name yet but said ally will he posing as a hero so that they can have another piece to exploit in their game. The player will be voicing this ally to the players, acting the Hero, all the while sending me private messages from his main character since he hides in rooms all across the city and plans to never engage the hero's of his plan works. Truly I'm mildly terrorified my friend game up with this

Plant guy
Abandoned as a young child and forced to grow up more or less alone in the foster care system, this character grew to despise the system and society as a whole. His powers to control plants give him a fundamental understanding of how nature is SUPPOSED to work and he views society and civilization as a perversion of what should be. So he's going to tear it down, brick by brick if he has too. He doesn't want to wipe out humanity, just destroy society and civilization, although I get the feeling this could change if he ever decides humans can't not have society. Also the guy had never heard of poison ivy before, meaning she wasn't his Inspiration, which I thought made the character somehow better. He plans to pose as some kind of hero for as long as he can.

Required villain
This guy can control silicates. Sand, bricks, tarmac, glass, that sort of thing. His life philosophy is that heroes need villains to make them better, the more a villain challenges a hero the more the Hero can grow and become better at being a hero. So that's what he does. He's a villain because he believes it's his duty to keep the hero's at the top of their game for the real threats. He's the only player not planning on running the rise from the beggining

Now, heres my immediate take from this: the techno path can control the microbots of our empty bodied friend, if he realises he's a robot. But the Anarchist cannot mind control the robot, and he's going to be very confused, especially if he kills it and another one just shows up later.
Also, the number of people who control something with their powers on this game is crazy, especially since they didn't talk about this together.

Edit: plant guy finally gave me his character motivation and drive. He's surprisingly similare to the Anarchist. Which could be good or bad.

KillianHawkeye
2020-07-10, 11:47 PM
This sounds amazing! Please share what happens when everything inevitably spins out of control. :smallamused:

moonfly7
2020-07-11, 08:08 AM
This sounds amazing! Please share what happens when everything inevitably spins out of control. :smallamused:
If you're interested in the outcome then I might post a right up of our sessions as they progress.
And yeah, control will be the first thing to go. Mostly, I'm worried how fast they're faux peace will break down when they realize that there's at least 3 villains.