PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Campaign Idea

Chalkarts
2020-07-10, 12:02 PM
Hear me out,

5th ed in every aspect except for one.
The Characters are all Looney Tunes type cartoons dropped in the world of D&D.
You have the benefit of all cartoon physics at your disposal, but no class levels. Just Vecna versus Acme TNT.

JNAProductions
2020-07-10, 12:04 PM
Hear me out,

5th ed in every aspect except for one.
The Characters are all Looney Tunes type cartoons dropped in the world of D&D.
You have the benefit of all cartoon physics at your disposal, but no class levels. Just Vecna versus Acme TNT.

That doesn't sound like it'd use the 5E system.

The idea-cartoon characters dropped in a medieval fantasy world-is good! But I'd look more towards something like Toon to run the game, rather than basing the mechanics on 5E.

Chalkarts
2020-07-10, 12:28 PM
That doesn't sound like it'd use the 5E system.

The idea-cartoon characters dropped in a medieval fantasy world-is good! But I'd look more towards something like Toon to run the game, rather than basing the mechanics on 5E.

Its been so many years since I thought of Toon! I forgot it was a thing!
You're probably right.
I just think it would be great to drop those kind of characters into something super dark like Curse of Strahd, lol.

D&D_Fan
2020-07-10, 12:37 PM
Also, Vecna is an actual god in some settings.
He would almost certainly win. There is a difference between dying from attacks and whatever OP things gods can do.

Zhorn
2020-07-10, 01:03 PM
I just think it would be great to drop those kind of characters into something super dark like Curse of Strahd, lol.
Why not both. Use Toon mechanics, but story/setting from Strahd. No reason to be tied to the system if you just want the setting.