PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gestalt Shadow Sorcerer Build

CreganTur
2020-07-10, 02:32 PM
Firstly, Arkannos (PC Name) get out- I know you read these forums!

I'm running a gestalt Pathfinder game and am looking for advice and feedback on a build for a mini-boss NPC I'm working on.

She's a 9th level Human gestalt Wildblood (Umbral) Sorcerer for the main class with the Enlightened Paladin archetype applied to Antipaladin. Her patron deity is Gyronna. I'm using 25 point buy.

My idea is for her to use spells at range, looking for openings to leap in and smash an opponent with Touch of Corruption to apply damage and a Cruelty.

So far I've only bought a single magic item- Headband of Alluring Charisma +4, giving her the following stats:
STR 14 +2 (Base 14)
DEX 14 +2 (Base 14)
CON 12 +1 (Base 12)
INT 10 +0 (base 10)
WIS 13 +1 (Base 13)
CHA 24 +7 (Base 16 + 2 Human + 2 level (4th, 8th) + 4 item)

For Feats so far I've selected:

Improved Initiative
Spell Focus (Illusion)
Greater Spell Focus (Illusion)
Blind Fight (Bloodline)

I was looking at the idea of Spring Attack so she can get in and out quickly, but don't think I can afford the feat tax. I do allow the players to take Flaws, so I can take up to 2 Flaws for 2 additional Feats.

For Traits I've only selected Reactionary at this point as I'm having difficulty finding a good 2nd choice.

As far as Class Features go I could use a second look to make sure I didn't make a mistake:
Weapon Proficiency: Simple, Martial
Armor Proficiency: Light
Sorcerer Bloodline: Wildblooded Umbral (Shadow)
Bloodline Arcana: When casting a spell in dim light or less, your Caster Level is increased by 1.
Cloak of Shadows (1st): SA, grant target bonus to Stealth in dim light or less equal to ½ Sorcerer level for 2*lvl rounds. Usable 3 + CHA times per day.
Nighteye (3rd): Darkvision 60ft.
Shadow Well (9th): Use Stealth even while observed w/o cover/concealment within 10 feet of a shadow other than your own. SA to switch places with ally within 60 feet in dim light.
Cantrips
Eschew Materials
Bloodline Spell (3, 5, 7, 9)
Bloodline feat (7th): Blind Fight
Confident Defense: +CHA to DEX for AC when wearing Light armor or less.
Improved Unarmed Strike: 1d8 (1/2 lvl as monk to determine unarmed strike)
Aura of Law
Sense Perfection
Personal Trial: SwA, 3/day; declare target- +3 to attack and damage against target. +3 AC and +3 saving throws from the target.
Unholy Resilience: +CHA to saving throws
Touch of Corruption: TA 1/2lvl + CHA times per day. 4d6 damage
Aura of Excellence: immune to abilities that force reroll or roll twice and take lowest
Plague Bringer: takes no damage or penalty from diseases
Ki Pool: points = ½ lvl + CHA. Spend 1 point to ignore DR, or spend as Monk ability (9th level)
Cruelty (3, 6, 9): DC (10 + ½ lvl + CHA)- add status effect to Touch of Corruption
• Sickened
• Diseased
• Cursed
Fiendish Boon (Unarmed): +2 enhancement to unarmed strikes, including weapon properties
Aura of Despair: Enemies within 10 feet take a -2 penalty on all saving throws

So far this is what I have for Spells Known:

1st: Ray of Enfeeblement (bloodline), Silent Image, Shadow Trap
2nd: Darkvision (bloodline), Glitterdust, Invisibility, Mirror Image
3rd: Deeper Darkness (bloodline), Fly, Haste, Slow
4th: Phantasmal Killer, Shadow Conjuration (bloodline), Shadow Step

What would you guys suggest to round out this build?