PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Optimizing a particular Summoner (not Unchained) and Eidolon build

Ourian7491
2020-07-12, 12:00 PM
I have been given permission to bring a Summoner (Not the Unchained) to the table and I would like some help with optimizing a particular build.

Certain conditions were put into play in order for me to actually be allowed to use the class:
1) No Synthesist or Master Summoner (And understandably so)
2) Leadership Feat is not allowed
3) I am not allowed to make a Multi-Weapon type Eidolon (Aka the Kali build) Although Two-Weapon build is fine.

A couple things I want to apply are:
1) Katana-wielding for the Summoner. She has received training from one of my other characters (A Bladebound Kensai Magus that specialized in Critical Fishing and Katana feats) and I would like to see her utilize the Daisho Expertise and Deadly Agility feats at the very least since Path of War has been approved. I would also like to utilize some Critical feats as well, although those are not a necessity.

2) The Eidolon will be Bipedal and specialize in two-weapon fighting with two Bastard Swords, so the Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting feat will be a must. Medium-Large Size at maximum. We do a lot of dungeon crawling, so the Huge size will become a problem. Multiple Arms are permitted, but I would prefer no more than 4 arms. Natural Attacks I have decided on are 4 Claws, 1 Tail Slap, and 2 Wing Buffets to match the total of 7 max allowed Natural Attacks for the Eidolon. (4 Arms, 2 of which will be normal wielding the swords and the other 2 will have claws. The other two claw attacks will come from the feet.) He will also require the Improved Natural Attack feat for his Claws. I want to maximize claw damage as much as possible.

3) 20-point buy will be applied to this character. She will be mixing up with close ranged combat and battlefield control using the Wall spells as her main offensive spells.

4) She will be taking the "Ancestral Arms" racial trait and taking Katana EWP to meet the prerequisites for Daisho and Deadly. Her favored Class Bonus will obviously be the one that grants her an additional 1/4 Evolution Point per Summoner Level. She is allowed 3 traits, one of which will be "Reactionary" for that added +2 to Initiative.

5) High initiative is a must.

The reason I am asking for help is because, although I have ideas to make this work, I want to see what others would do with this particular build.

Let me see all the following at Level 20:
- Equipment (with properties)
- Stat Spread (Both Base and Final)
- Evolutions (both Eidolon and Greater Aspect)
- Feats for both Summoner and Eidolon