PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need character ideas for Curse of the Crimson Throne

MindTheGap97
2020-07-13, 03:59 PM
So, in a couple weeks we will be starting a Curse of the Crimson Throne campaign, modified to take place entirely within Korvosa, everyone else already turned in their character concepts and backstory and I'm just...stumped.
I'll list the rest of the party first:

-Shield Champion Brawler, Dwarf: Weaponsmith in Korvosa, Gaedren killed his spouse. True Neutral.

-Twilight Sage Arcanist, Human: I have no idea what his backstory is, he'll be messing with necromancy though. No idea on the alignment.

-Swarm Monger Druid, Half-Elf: Casting focused, he was a shiver addict and a hobo, he's trying to turn his life around a bit. Neutral Good.

-Sacred Shield Paladin, Human: He's got 10 Dex so TWF is off the table, was an aspirant Hellknight so I imagine he'll be more Lawful than Good. Gaedren framed him and he failed to become a Hellknight, so he took up his weapons in the name of Torag.

We are using a 25 point-buy and background skills, optimization level is mid-low, brawler aside.

I have never had trouble deciding on a character, this time I'm really stumped, any idea is truly welcome.

Thanks in advance,
MindTheGap97

Alexvrahr
2020-07-14, 03:07 AM
One full-time melee, one part-time, two spellcasters who are unlikely to do melee at all though zombies on your side may be possible mid-late game. Two part-time healers. Probably no one buffing much though the arcanist may drop a haste out there from 6th level. Possibly no stealth skills at all, face skills iffy (never rely on a paladin to tell necessary lies). Probably plenty of battlefield control. Not much combat mobility. That's about how I'd see the party's current lineup.

A bard of some kind is the natural fit here. Buffing comes easily to them, face and/or stealth skills to taste. Various archetypes could be useful: the spellcasters would find a court bard lowering enemy saves useful, vanilla makes the brawler and paladin happy, or an archaeologist could handle traps.

Or you could try and make a mobile combatant to fill that niche. There are rangers in Korvosa who ride flying beasts and you might aspire to be one of them.

If the campaign traits aren't enough to get your PC to join a group then a vanilla bard or court bard might join up with a bunch of murderhobos for protection against angry ex-lovers/lovers' relatives/debt collectors, an archaeologist might be looking for armed protection to go to dangerous places, or a would-be hippogriff rider might have been told to go out and get some seasoning before the Sable Company would take you.

MindTheGap97
2020-07-14, 03:36 AM
These are really solid ideas, I'll probably play a Bard, solid buffing capabilities, nice face skills and a bit of Stealth/Knowledge action. Thank you very much!

Efrate
2020-07-14, 09:08 AM
An escaped member of the lambs or a family member who was taken to be one work for your intro and why you with these folks. Remember to use your harrow points my party went through most of the first chapter without using any. They are there for a reason. Guessing your twilight sage is an apprentice of ghaedens son.

Archeologist is really good, because traps while not a huge concern show up enough iirc. If you go human you have a lot of good rp opportunity depending on if you are varisian, chelixian, shaonti, or vudra. The shoanti in particular would make a great archeologist because its YOUR history you are researching.

edit:typos