PDA

View Full Version : [evil] subtype Protectar

Yogibear41
2020-07-13, 06:02 PM
Other than using the alignment subtype rituals in Savage Species, is there any easy way to change a Protectar (miniatures handbook) from an outsider with the [good] subtype to one with the [evil] subtype?

Would prefer a template, or a spell, or something similar, I know there are a few prestige classes that can do it, but rather avoid those if possible.

Alternatively if anyone knows of something that is basically an Erinyes, but lower ECL that works too.

Zanos
2020-07-13, 06:04 PM
Polymorph?

Thurbane
2020-07-13, 06:16 PM
Mulhorandi Divine Minion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a): can be applied to humanoid-shaped outsiders, and changes alignment subtype to match deity.

Yogibear41
2020-07-13, 09:31 PM
If you become an Ex-follower of that divine minion deity do you keep the template?

Thurbane
2020-07-13, 09:36 PM
If you become an Ex-follower of that divine minion deity do you keep the template?

As far as I know, templates only check for eligibility at the time they are applied, unless anything in the template specifically says otherwise.

Dragornborn of Bahamut, for instance, says that Bahamut can revoke the template if the recipient acts in a grossly inappropriate manner.

Having said that, the powers may be displeased with ex-minions, and take drastic measures (i.e. sending more powerful minions to eradicate the rogue element).