spell level: wiz/sor 2, brd 2, beguiler 3
Components: V, S, M, F,
Casting Time: one standard action
Range: touch
Target: willing creature or object touched
Duration: one round/level (D)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: yes (harmless)
the receiver of this spell suddenly becomes thinner than a sheet of parchment in one of the three dimensions. this is useful for getting through cracks in doors, and other areas like that. the subject of the spell recieves a +10 bonus to hide checks if someone is looking at it on the thin side, and gets +4 bonus to AC, and it's HP is reduced to a piece of parchment's. the subject, however, is unable to attack with a sword or a spell unless the spell contains no verbal or somatic components, due to the fact that the thinness of the mouth and fingers. it is also unable to speak, and all bonuses from armor are halved. the target also has DR 5/slashing, piercing, and non-area spells. the target effectively becomes a piece of animated parchment.
if the target of the spell is in a crack, or other position, when the spell ends, it must make a fortitude save (dc=10+material's hardness), or take 4d6 points of damage. if the fortitude save is made, the charactor may make a will save (dc=20-half of the caster level[maximum 10]) or the target becomes stuck in the material. If the will save is made, the charactor may take another turn in flat-form. if he is still not out, he must make another set of fort & will saves.
Material component: a small piece of bendable materiel like clay, that is squashed in the casting
Focus: a piece of parchment.

so, what are people thinking?
i know that it needs some work on how to get a person out... any suggestions?

Maldraugedhen
2007-10-29, 07:43 PM
How does this affect your ability to swing a sword?

It seems to kind of eliminate it. If you use the vertical one, anyway.

Pretty potent save-or-suck.

Erk
2007-10-29, 07:43 PM
I believe you'll find that is "lose".

Seems like a fun spell. I would suggest reducing hp in the dimensionalised state though. It seems like it would be a vulnerable way to exist.

And Mal is right. I'd say make it a fort save since it affects fighter-types the strongest, and maybe give a +4 to save on unwilling targets. Maybe make it impossible against unwilling targets depending on what you want to use the spell for.

Arakune
2007-10-29, 07:47 PM
Puff, make it a self range spell. problem solved.

Charlie Kemek
2007-10-29, 08:19 PM
I compleatly forgot the bonuses of being thin for AC, and things like that.

How does this affect your ability to swing a sword?
fixed now, thanks.

Seems like a fun spell. I would suggest reducing hp in the dimensionalised state though. It seems like it would be a vulnerable way to exist.

thanks, now fixed, becomes animated-paper

Charlie Kemek
2007-10-30, 04:34 PM
ok, i tried to fix up the getting out problem... what do you think? I know, unless he makes both saves, he's stuck, working on it.:smallsigh: