PDA

View Full Version : Dragonmark-granting location?

Curelomosaurus
2020-07-13, 09:09 PM
There's a magical location that grants a dragonmark, possibly for free, but my Autohypnosis and Google-Fu have failed me. Does anyone know where I might find this location's information and what it's called?

RSGA
2020-07-13, 09:36 PM
There's a magical location that grants a dragonmark, possibly for free, but my Autohypnosis and Google-Fu have failed me. Does anyone know where I might find this location's information and what it's called?

I forget where it is, but it's one of the Eberron books which should be easy enough to cut down, but I seem to recall it's called the Heart of Io. A guide has it as being from DoE. So there's that.

Doctor Despair
2020-07-13, 09:43 PM
That could be helpful for the fighter vs wizard optimization thread, although iirc the Otyugh Hole 2000gp, so this might be outside the WBL for a level 1 character. Is that 2000gp standard for all magical locations like that?

Thurbane
2020-07-13, 09:51 PM
According to this excellent list (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?400840), possibly Altar of the Dragon's Eye magical Location from Eyes of the Lich Queen?

Sinner's Garden
2020-07-13, 09:53 PM
The Heart of Io does indeed fit, to an extent, but I wouldn't recommend it. Like many magic locations, it expires after a year, making is more or less uninteresting, and worse, it technically doesn't give you a dragonmark if you don't have one already, only an ability effectively equivalent to one. Also, it goes away automatically even if your year isn't up if you die, whether or not you get revived. Probably, you were thinking of the Alter of the Dragon Eye from Eyes of the Lich Queen, which does explicitly and permanently give you a Dragonmark.

thorr-kan
2020-07-13, 11:30 PM
According to this excellent list (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?400840), possibly Altar of the Dragon's Eye magical Location from Eyes of the Lich Queen?
This is the dragonmark specific one you're looking for.

Curelomosaurus
2020-07-14, 09:30 AM
This is the dragonmark specific one you're looking for.

Yup! Thanks!