PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Question about Knowledge skills for the Generic UA Expert!

Melcar
2020-07-14, 05:47 PM
Hi guys...

When choosing my 12 skills (not counting Craft and Profession), when playing the expert from UA, would I need to take each Knowledge skill individually or just take knowledge (all) once? I can't seem to find a clarification!

Thanks!

JNAProductions
2020-07-14, 05:50 PM
Hi guys...

When choosing my 12 skills (not counting Craft and Profession), when playing the expert from UA, would I need to take each Knowledge skill individually or just take knowledge (all)? I can't seem to find a clarification!

Thanks!

Individually.

Caelestion
2020-07-14, 07:09 PM
I typically counted all Knowledge skills as three selections.

EndlessKng
2020-07-15, 09:22 PM
Looking at RAW, definitely seems like Knowledges are taken individually. Which makes sense - the Spellcaster is given Knowledge (All) to represent the sage, where the expert is more skillmonkey type - book learning versus practical if you will.

But, if you're playing generic, you could look for a feat that makes all Knowledge Skills in-class - there's at least one as a regional (1st level only) in Forgotten Realms.

Palanan
2020-07-16, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by EndlessKng
But, if you're playing generic, you could look for a feat that makes all Knowledge Skills in-class - there's at least one as a regional (1st level only) in Forgotten Realms.

This is one version of the Education feat, which was printed in several sources. In Player's Guide to Faerun (p. 38) it's a regional feat which grants all Knowledges as class skills, and gives a +2 untyped bonus to any two of those.