PDA

View Full Version : Devils vs. The Fearsome Foursome (IC)

MikelaC1
2020-07-14, 06:17 PM
The alert came in telepathically as most do, and it didnt come in as a yellow alert, or even an orange alert, it went straight to red. And for those who serve Askaretha, they know she almost never uses a red alert. As you walk along the corridor to the main room, you can see the signs of destruction. The bodies of guards, some of Askaretha's finest guards, all slaughtered. Some of them didnt even get a chance to draw their weapons, ichor almost painting the walls in some cases. For those of you who have fought for years in the Blood Wars, you can tell, all of the ichor is that of devils, not a drop of human blood or demon ichor. All along the way, you see the same signs. And since these devils were killed in Hell, they are dead for good, not merely dispelled back to a home plane.
You arrive at the doors...or what were the doors. They had been huge, thick mithral doors, engraved with all sorts of magical sigils...now they have been ripped from their hinges, crumpled and tossed aside like used tissue paper. The first body you see is that of Hadron. Hadron had been Askaretha's most powerful (at least physically) pit fiend, a pure combat brute. Now his head has been cut off. His arms have been cut off. His legs have been cut off. And his body bears so many sword cuts, it looks like a road map drawn by an insane cartographer of a plane of Chaos. As your look continues in the room, you see the beautiful glass and gold spire that curls up into a cup...a cup where the Sirrus gem should be. But now, its empty. The source of much of Askaretha's power, at least the power that elevated her from Dark Eight to Archduchess of her own plane. Standing right next to the spire are three women. Askaretha is to the right, and as always, one step to the right and two steps behind her is her bodyguard, Sabrina. On the other side of the spire is a woman you only know by reputation, Glasya. In many ways, Glasya is a mentor to Askaretha, supporting both her petition to Dark Eight and to Archduchess, and her counsel is the one that Askaretha puts the most weight (outside of Sabrina and one or two others) on.
This is clearly the work of the Fearsome Foursome, the cuttings on Hadron can only be that of their marilith. You have a problem on your hands
I have to get the Sirrus Gem back, preferably before they learn how to use it.
Or release any of its power, you know what Father would think of that.
Your father is one of the least of my concerns, not to denigrate his power, but I have plans for that power, its been building for some time now, not to mention the fact that I have enough enemies that will be lining up to take a shot at me, without it. But the other real problem, is how demons managed to penetrate to Stygia, without going through all the other layers, and setting every alarm down here.
You concentrate on finding that gem, I will look into the invasion. Thats a matter that concerns all of Hell and I dont have to reveal what was taken, just that it happened.

DebbieD
2020-07-17, 04:44 PM
At this point, Sabrina takes a step forward. At first glance, Sabrina seems to be just an incredibly beautiful human female, however the wings that sprout from her back, along with the cute little horns poking out from her red curls (not to mention that tail) soon give the lie to that. And its not just her appearance that makes someone looking pause, her blade crackles with fire up and down its length, as does the immense bow strapped on her back. Even closer inspection reveals many items with the faintest of magical glow, and 3 of the gems on her belt sparkle with a greenish fire, sure sign of soul energy held within them.
Our strike force has arrived, mistress.

lostsole31
2020-07-17, 05:28 PM
Materializing into view is a figure 10-1/2-feet tall. A pit fiend, but much shorter, less stout, and .... female.

Her face is completely obscured from view by a shimmering veil of crimson. Perhaps to make up for the fact that she is a "runt" among pit fiends, she is an anomaly by the fact that she is kitted out for war in a way most bare-bodied devils, let alone pit fiends, would not bother to be. At her side and back are an 8' long arming sword, a light metal shield with incredibly ornate bas reliefs about it, bracers, boots, and amazingly detailed Askarethan pentacle at her neck, and a variety of other equipment.

"Mistress, I am here," comes her resonant alto voice. "With your permission, I will begin my survey of the scene. I only ask that I be told nothing by anyone ... not hints, ideas, theories, or speculations .... until such time as I have had a chance to study the area, so as not to have to deal with preconceptions."

MikelaC1
2020-07-17, 05:47 PM
Glasya appears a bit miffed, having already told Askaretha what happened, in her opinion at least, but says nothing as Askaretha gestures for Helpharro to do her thing

samduke
2020-07-17, 05:57 PM
Appearing from the shadows as if by magic, none but Askaretha herself would have heard her approach, almost human like in appearance. Her large blades at her side along with a large bow across her back each looking very deadly.

I am at your service as always mistress. Bowing with respect to Askaretha.
So Helpharro, would you like help in that search of yours?

checks & rolls as needed
Gather Information [roll0]
Search [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
edit from below with Marshal Aura:
Search (1d20+38)[42]+18 = 60
Spot (1d20+42)[53] +18 = 71

lostsole31
2020-07-17, 07:36 PM
"Not until you can say my name correctly," says Helpharro. "Besides, I believe it works best for each person to make their best look over a scene, and then to compare notes. Cooperative study the first time round taints the results."

Helpharro will go through the entirety of the carnage to get the best sense of things that she may. She will utilize a variety of items, but the most obvious item she uses is a beautiful brass-bound, mahogany spyglass with various sigils and etchings on it. Collapsed, it almost looks like a scepter of authority. She holds it in her hands as she looks over the scene, and then actually looks through it over the course of study.
Cast heroism on self, affects following rolls.
Survival check, made to study tracks [roll0]
True Seeing effect.
Spot [roll1]
Search [roll2], +2 for anything purposefully hidden/ secret, boosted by the spell divine insight.
EDIT: Also, she intends to use speak with dead, but I need to know which corpses still have usable heads, etc.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-17, 08:56 PM
"As you wish, I will not interfere," nods a softspoken gelugon as he stands aside and out of Helpharro's way. Decked in the hat and robes of a stereotypical wizard, Ing towers over the pit lady detective in terms of physical height but feels much smaller in every other respect. "However, if you will pardon my ignorance, may I at least ask about the suspects that Lady Glasya mentioned? Who are the fearsome foursome?"

NontheistCleric
2020-07-18, 05:43 AM
"We're here!" a voice calls brightly from the entrance. It is accompanied a rush of red-brown color that streaks into the room and condenses into a small sandstone woman. She maneuvers effortlessly midair, though the wings that jut from her back do not seem to beat. "What's the situation, Your High—"

Ulaam cuts off abruptly as she realizes there is one more Archduchess of Hell in the room than she expected—the daughter of Asmodeus, no less! Rounding her shoulders sheepishly and casting her gaze downward, she raises a hand in apology, then sinks cautiously backward to the scaly green figure padding softly in through the doorway.

"I hope you haven't embarrassed us," Sesog murmurs to his subordinate.

"No... of course not..." she whispers back.

"Colleagues." The green abishai transmits in telepathic greeting to everyone except the Archduchesses. Approaching the spire, he lowers his head and spreads his wings out like a flowing cape, a sign of submission for someone whose physiology does not lend itself easily to bowing. He addresses both mentally. "Lady Askaretha. Lady Glasya. If Ulaam has given offense, allow me to apologize on her behalf." Then he straightens and backs away, keeping his eyes averted.

His eyes shimmer oddly as he speaks telepathically once more to his peers. "I see some of us are already taking stock of the scene. If no one minds, I will scan for any residual mystic aurae. Sabrina, you were here first—might I ask how long ago this took place?"

"Need help?" Ulaam asks.

"Your 'helping' is just an excuse to slack off. Go do a life sign sweep, see if there's anyone here who shouldn't be."

"I do help a little, you know," she grumbles. Closing her eyes and exhaling deeply, Ulaam seems to sublimate, melting into a billowing cloud of black vapor with her silhouette visible at the center. Then she opens her eyes, and they burn solid red. Wraithlike, she flies off to trace the perimeter of the room and the corridor beyond.

Sesog watches her go, then begins to survey the scene, moving slowly as he looks not just for physical evidence but any identifiable magical energies the attackers might have left behind. As he does so, he sends a brief psychic message to Ingulmaxi.

"Thank you for asking the important questions, Quarrier." As relative newcomers to Askaretha's service, Sesog knows that he and Ulaam are less politically secure than those who have already associated with her for some time, so he is genuinely grateful to the gelugon for admitting ignorance first. After all, he's fairly sure that Ulaam's breach of etiquette has already cost them a little standing.

Sesog
Marshal Aura: Motivate Wisdom (+18 to all allies' (including self) Wisdom-based checks within 60 feet), then switching to Motivate Intelligence (+18 to all allies' (including self) Intelligence-based checks within 60 feet) for the search.
Casting still silent greater arcane sight on self and searching the room and corridor.
Sesog's Spellcraft modifier should be high enough to automatically identify any magical auras of up to spell level 17, but let me know if a roll is required for any reason, DM.
Search: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Sense Motive (trying to tell if Askaretha and Glasya were offended): [roll3]

Ulaam
Shapechange is active on Ulaam. Using the free-action function to change into a Dread Wraith.
Using a Dread Wraith's Lifesense (living-creature-only blindsight, plus automatic deathwatch) to search the area.

paradox26
2020-07-18, 06:08 AM
The cornugon Arzun materialises out of what little shadow there is. His most notable item is a large ornate spiked chain, which swings at his side. The metal is blackened, though whether by origin or by use it is difficult to tell. He wears more in the way of equipment than most of his kind, as cornugons usually rely upon their less ornate chains in battle, and often no other adornment. "Greetings, my Mistress, Lady Glasya," is all he says. He is not the most talkative sort, being more accustomed to action instead of words.

He has little understanding of details, being a broad picture sort of devil. He doesn't bother to search the room, as others seem better suited to it than he. Instead, he starts to cast a spell upon himself, masking his mind against enemy divinations. Then he looks expectantly at the searchers, awaiting their surmises. His ears do perk up at the mention of a Fearsome Foursome, however, and he half turns to listen to the explanation of such a group.

Arzun casts Mind Blank on himself.

MikelaC1
2020-07-18, 11:47 AM
The Fearsome Foursome are a collection of 4 demons, beholden to no Prince of the Abyss, they cause mayhem and destruction at random through whichever plane strikes their fancy at the time. They consist of a balor named Hazad-Dun, he is the leader. There is a marilith, Ky'Rella, she is a swordswoman without compare, a succubus named Tylia, her sorceress skills are unmatched, and a glabrezu named Kresog, he seems to use divine magic of some sort. When they work together, you get the results you see here, fortunately as beings of pure chaos, they cant be trusted to be always together.

Helpharro, looking for tracks, seems to find evidence that would collaborate what is being said, apart from some normal tracks that could be from anything, she finds tracks that could have been left by a giant snake (marilith), a petite woman's foot (succubus) and some dog prints (glabrezu). Both she and Silessia find little scales, as if those that would come off a snake. There dont appear to any traces of any other hair or blood or anything that could be used to identify the attackers, a testament to just how overwhelming the attack was. Likewise, there dont seem to be any lingering magical auras for Sesog to pick up, but the blackened marks on the walls and blasted remains of the bodies (except for the ones that were hacked into hamburger) are proof of the power that was brought to bear. There are one or two bodies that are in better shape than the rest, there is a cornugan that seems to have a look of absolute bliss on his face, except for the fact that his throat has been slashed from ear to ear, and an osyluth that still has icicles and patches of frozen flesh in various spots.

(Askaretha and Glasya do not appear offended)

lostsole31
2020-07-18, 03:04 PM
Helpharro will point out what she and Silesia have found, noting everything she can. She looks to the gelugon in the silly hat. "Ing, your reputation precedes you, that nothing escapes your notice. If you will go over the scene as well ... see if there's anything we amateurs might have missed."

She looks to Askaretha and the others. "I may ask nearly a dozen questions of this corpse," she says standing over the cornugon. "Any recommendations?"

DebbieD
2020-07-18, 04:07 PM
I doubt very much they had time to outline their evil plan to him before dispatching him, but you could at least confirm that we are dealing with the Foursome.

NontheistCleric
2020-07-18, 04:20 PM
"So we know nothing Lady Askaretha could not already tell us," Sesog remarks out loud at Helpharro's recounting of her search. "I have also been unable to detect anything of value."

He comes over to peer at the cornugon corpse. "Perhaps we could ask it how many invaders were involved? That may tell us if we have missed something, and it is a simple enough question for a corpse. After all, this one may not have known of the Foursome nor been able to identify them even in life."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-18, 11:55 PM
"Is that my reputation?"

Gelugon Ingulmaxi seems surprised. Everyone in this room has seen each other before, of course. Being this deeply in Lady Askaretha's trust places them in a pretty exclusive club. It's just not every day that one is told one's attention to detail is such that word got around.

He adjusts his tiny spectacles and stares into the scene, noting every detail as though he were to reproduce it on a canvas. "I will endeavor to live up to it, then. In the meantime, I recommend we release the embargo on speculation. I suspect that the salient physical details have already been exhausted."

He notes the ichor, already more dry than it was when the team first arrived. He confirms with Sesog that there are no lingering magical auras still detectable despite the scorch marks, which is consistent knowing that the robbery likely took place no less than half an hour ago. A rough picture of the battle forms in his mind, one-sided though it may have been.

"It seems safe to assume that the assailants knew what they were coming for. Would the Sirrus gem have any practical use for such demons? Could they have taken it as a mercenary contract, or simply as a trophy?"

He notes the points on the mithral doors where it was gripped when it was released from its hinges. How many arms had gripped them, and at what heights? Are they consistent with the scuffed tracks on the floor before them?

"What was their most likely means of egress from the compound? I cannot imagine that one would simply teleport out from this chamber. They must have scouted a path to the entrance prior to their arrival as well."

He examines the other tracks, already mingled with those of the devils in the room now investigating. Was the smaller woman barefoot? Was she the likely punisher of the late cornugon's ill-advised grin?

Taking 10 on Search gets a result of 81, on the off chance that that means anything.
Ing's Spellcraft is also at +71, if you will let him try and identify the ice spell by its residual frost.

MikelaC1
2020-07-19, 11:10 AM
To the question asked OOC: The signs of battle and destruction are only in the corridor and altar hall.

The Sirrus Gem holds power, raw magical power. In its most crude form, that power can be released as a blast of energy...if enough energy is released, it could level small cities, destroy entire armies, its force could be on a par with a dozen epic wizards. Oh, its not a trophy prize, and anyone holding it would be foolish to trade it for mere material gain.

The doors were blasted by magic and then torn off by hands, what type of hands is not easy to say, but marilith and balor hands arent all that different (albeit on a different size scale) from human.

There is no other egress from this chamber. Given that the destruction only started at the beginning of the hall, nowhere else, and ended here, teleportation had to be used.

On closer examination of the grinning cornugan, Ingul can also determine that while the throat slash was the likely cause of death, the body and bones bear signs of being crushed from head to toe. He also finds small residual traces of the anesthetic oil exuded by a marilith's tail that serve to incapacitate a victim caught in their coils.
This oil is a Daystor specific component of a marilith and would be known of at your levels of knowledge.

The ice spell was likely a cone of cold although the amount of damage suggests both meta-enhance and meta-maximize

NontheistCleric
2020-07-19, 12:37 PM
Sesog steps away from the corpse and looks up, listening to Askaretha's description of the Gem.

"At least these demons do not sound the type to have any plans for such power on a grander scale than mere destruction," he comments. "That said—is there any way in particular you would like us to go about retrieving it, Lady Askaretha, or should we simply proceed as we see fit?"

MikelaC1
2020-07-19, 06:33 PM
You can go about getting it back any way you want, but please try to be discreet. As I said to Glasya, there are plenty of devils who would like to take a shot at me if they knew the Gem was gone and if Asmodeus discovers the loss, he could do a lot of things I wouldn't like

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-19, 09:36 PM
"I see! There are still traces of anesthetic oil on his skin. His smile was not for a charm spell, but for the embrace itself..."

After waxing poetic for a moment, Ing dutifully reports his findings.

He mirrors Askaretha's political concerns. "As horrifying as it is, I don't believe we can discount the possibility that one of those devils is already involved," says the big bug. "Circumstances suggest that our imposing quartet teleported into the hall directly, and the question remains of how they gained the intelligence to do so."

That last statement doesn't sit long before Ing starts to doubt it.

"I suppose they could have simply used the right combination of spells. If so, that raises the question of what motivated them to seek out the Sirrus gem, specifically. They have already demonstrated their own capacity for destruction. What would it enable them to destroy that they could not already?"

MikelaC1
2020-07-19, 09:58 PM
Scale. As powerful as each one of them are, they cant match in scale and intensity the Sirrus Gem. You could wipe out a whole city in a second, not even they can do that. They also might be operating at least partially at the behest of Nocticula and Graz'zt...when I first secured this gem, my team defeated a team put together by those two demons and they have been licking the wounds ever since
Again, a Daystor specific reference, the reigning Queen of the Succubi. Malcanthet having been destroyed by her eons ago

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-19, 11:19 PM
"I see. If they were sufficiently bitter about their defeat, then it could be worth it to them to see you targeted, even if it means leaving the power in the hands of independent actors."

Ingulmaxi pauses before moving on to the actual recovery plan.

"At any rate, it would seem that recovering the gem will entail that we first locate it," he says. "The scales and oil may provide a sufficient connection to attempt a scrying session on Marilith Kyrella. However, the sensor would likely invite a direct confrontation without added precautions. Does anyone have any suggestions?"

NontheistCleric
2020-07-20, 01:53 AM
"Whether it is the Dark Prince or the Foursome themselves that ultimately motivates their actions, would depriving one of Hell's most effective champions of power not be a reward in itself to any demon?" Sesog asks. "Were I they, I would have taken the Gem even if I were wholly unable to use it."

He ponders the scrying problem raised by Ingulmaxi for a few moments, then speaks.

"In my old mistress's service, we had to deal with a fair amount of scrying—both on our part and those of enemies. A dragon's hoard is coveted by many. Although I am not as learned as you in the arts of magic, Gelugon Quarrier, I believe I am correct in saying that most methods of scry-proofing that would prompt a confrontation are those that turn the effect at least partially back on the originator, allowing the scried to see them instead of the other way around."

Sesog pauses for breath.

"Therefore, the obvious first precaution is to ward the scrier against divination magic—although I am sure you have already taken such measures as a matter of course. In case the counter-scrying still manages to penetrate such barriers, it would be well advised to perform the operation in a location remote from here, so that any means the Foursome possess of triangulating our location will yield them nothing useful. Since that may also allow them to gain a visual image of the scrier and possibly their surroundings, whoever is scrying ought to be thoroughly disguised, as should any of us accompanying them. Finally, we ought to set up anti-teleportation measures. I am capable of generating an effect that will give us six seconds grace in the event that anyone attempts to teleport within one hundred and thirty feet of whoever I bestow it upon, more than enough time for us to make our escape—unless of course someone has something even better."

Another pause, to let it all sink in.

"Taking all those measures into account, the Foursome may be unable to counter-scry us even if they manage to detect our attempt, and I do not think that their detecting the attempt itself will be a great hazard to us, as I imagine such a group has many enemies who would desire to spy upon them. If they do succeed in turning the effect back upon us, all they will see are agents seemingly unrelated to Lady Askaretha, in a location far from the Hells, and should they choose to wreak vengeance upon us nonetheless, we shall be gone by the time they arrive. Unless, of course, they manage to penetrate all our attempts at artifice, but I believe there is a good chance of at least one working."

Then he turns again to the archduchesses, keeping his head deferentially lowered.

"Lady Askaretha. Lady Glasya. Might we prevail upon you for any information you have regarding the Foursome's existing enemies, so that we may enhance our deception by posing as them?"

paradox26
2020-07-20, 02:33 AM
Arzun considers this recommendation, standing at the rear of the group as is his custom, listening and saying little. "This is a good option. However, I am sure they will be expecting an attempt to scry on them. So we might as well do it here. They know of this location already, and I doubt they will be fooled by disguises into an assumption that we serve anyone but our Lady. If they comes, then we will fight or flee. But I doubt that they will come here immediately, knowing that Ladies Askaretha and Glasya are both likely to be here. And if they could teleport here, I am sure they have the ability to scry us here before they come. I doubt they will allow themselves to fall into so simple a trap, even if they do detect our scrying. I am warded against such scrying, I assume others here are too," he suggests. Although he is also a powerful spellcaster, his magic is more instinctual than learned, so he doesn't profess to absolute knowledge of the workings of the arcane.

Arzun will cast Mage Armour on himself.

samduke
2020-07-20, 03:35 AM
As to the missing Gem allow this thought, if it was taken just to rid our mistress of power then those who did the taking work for another, that something would seek to remove said power from her, in order to increase power of themselves. So we must ask ourselves, who stands the most to gain from the gem or it's power?

While I have certain abilities to remain unseen if I wish it, I do not know if there is any magic that can always prevent scrying or even counter scrying, but if Sesog has ways to attempt them from counter scrying, I would say the effort may be helpful. I also agree that it most likely will not matter where it is done for they are going to expect something like this. because if they do not they are more fools than I would take them for.

We should be ready for anything though.

NontheistCleric
2020-07-20, 05:43 AM
"Well, it is certainly true that any deception has a chance of coming to nothing," Sesog admits, pulling his legs up to levitate in a cross-limbed position. "Yet, would knowing they are being scried by Lady Askaretha's entourage from her place of power not put them more on guard than, say, an apparently unaffiliated mortal spellcaster from the Material Plane? Granted, the timing would be suspect, but any information one can conceal from the enemy is a potential advantage. Just as we are unaware of their full capabilities, they likely do not know ours, and we should not be too quick to hand them clues."

"Of course," he concedes after a moment's thought, "if the first line of magical concealment holds, then none of that will matter. But it is always best to be prepared."

The abishai turns midair to look at Silessia. "Are you without your own proofs against divination? This"—he holds out a claw with a faintly glowing nimbus of power at its tip, offering it to her—"will protect infallibly against most magics that gather information about an individual, although some, like a spell of true seeing, may still penetrate."

If Silessia chooses to accept it, this is a mind blank spell, protecting against 'all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects'. I believe the DM has ruled that the above clause does not apply to true seeing.

samduke
2020-07-20, 07:57 AM
Silessia accepts Sesogs spell

MikelaC1
2020-07-20, 10:50 AM
My network of spies tell me that the Fearsome Foursome spend most of their time on the PrIme Material....and given what the conditions are like in the Abyss, theres little wonder in that. I would suggest starting there Everyone in Hell knows that Glasya's network of spies in the Prime is second to none, and that includes her famous father.

DebbieD
2020-07-20, 10:55 AM
And I would suggest we start with the weakest link, being the glabrezu. The pit fiend is the leader and likely very tough, and the succubus has not only offensive spells but enchantment ones as well. Yes, we can put up Mind Blanks, but if she is a witch, and I have no reason to believe she isnt, she can punch through Mind Blanks in the same way metamagic can ramp up spells. As for the marilith, 6 arms, 4 attacks per hand, she can drop two of us each round and thats going to be a pain to deal with.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-20, 10:59 AM
"I suppose the scrying precautions will be a moot point if the thieves are as prepared as we are," says Ing. Sesog and Arzun aren't wrong; Ing has his own Mind Blank regimen that he casts every time he prepares spells. "I have a screen that can obfuscate our location if needed, but I have not actually prepared a scrying spell today. Do you happen to have one, Lady Helpharro?"

He listens to the brief briefing regarding the foursome's likely plane of residence and nods before adding, "I also have a gate prepared when we are ready to take our investigation to Daystor proper."

lostsole31
2020-07-20, 01:39 PM
Helpharro nods slowly and once at Ing's question. "Though sometimes, I specifically don't cast it if I want to draw an enemy towards me purposefully, as I can usually detect the attempt at scrying."

NontheistCleric
2020-07-20, 02:04 PM
"I think he was asking if you had prepared a scrying spell, not a mind-shielding one," Sesog says to Helpharro. "Though, who knows? Perhaps it is I who have mistaken the conversation."

lostsole31
2020-07-20, 02:11 PM
"I always have at least two readied, of varying strengths," says Helpharro.

paradox26
2020-07-21, 08:07 AM
Arzun listens carefully. But as probably the magically weakest of those present, and having little in the way of scrying spells himself, he doesn't enter into the conversation too much. He does take a greater interest in the choice of enemies, however. "I agree with the decision to fight the glabrezu first. I doubt it will have the Gem, but I think it best to take down the weakest first, and work our way to the stronger. I should be a reasonable match for it in combat, though if it is enhanced, it will require the rest of you to help in order to prove victorious, as I expect will be the case," he says.

NontheistCleric
2020-07-21, 09:19 AM
"I wonder if it is correct to call him weakest," Sesog muses. "As the only one with a connection to higher powers, it may in fact be harder to reckon the full threat of this... glabrezu than that of his companions. Still, there is wisdom in isolating and eliminating the unknown element first."

He almost speaks the demon's name, but at the last moment is put off by the realization that it shares a second half with his own.

samduke
2020-07-21, 11:32 AM
well then it seems we have a consensus, now other than what we have derived from the information present here, have any of you knowledge where they may have gone to short of possibly scrying their location ?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-21, 01:03 PM
"I do not have any additional leads," says Ing. "Could we perhaps make contact with Lady Glasya's agents on the material plane? If our aim is to catch one of the four while they are separated, it would help if we found some pattern to their movements."

MikelaC1
2020-07-21, 08:01 PM
I am not willing to put any of my agents at further risk by getting any closer to these four than they are now. Other than the Princes, these four are the most dangerous demons there are, and in some cases, they are stronger than Princes. This is your problem to handle, I can advise, but not engage.

DebbieD
2020-07-22, 05:46 PM
Sabrina gestures and a holographic map of Daystor appears in mid-air in the room.
Now there are many wilderness areas that we could gate into in Daystor but if we want to
come into a more civilized area, our options are basically Paramibo, unless the rest of us can appear as mostly human. Paramibo has a devil worshiping king, and while he worships Asmodeus, our mistress currently sits in the graces of him and we shouldnt have too much trouble. As well, Paramibo is the only Prime Material source of sargentum Daystor reference, a substance prized by both devils and demons who are remaining on the Prime for long periods of time and it might be something that would attract the Foursome's attention. Right now, it is under the government's control, but there is a small amount being diverted by Nocticulan agents and ending that would also serve our interest. Naturally, if we all can appear as human, we can go anywhere we want...I can pretty much pass as human, just a bit more exotic than most.

NontheistCleric
2020-07-22, 06:54 PM
"I believe we can all quite easily pass as human," says Sesog, "or at the very least creatures that would not be offensive to the natives of the Prime Material."

As he speaks, the misty tendrils of Ulaam's wraith-form ooze from the floor beside where he hovers in response to his silent telepathic command. No sooner do they emerge than they begin condensing into a more solid form, larger and paler than Ulaam's normally is. It is unmistakably her, but her features are now are those of a human rather than an earth mephit. She bows theatrically.

"So," Sesog continues, "it is probably more a question of what would be the place most conducive to our investigations than anything else. Personally, I think it unlikely that this Foursome would go immediately to Paramibo. As boundless as the audacity of such beings may be, it is rarely wise to steal from your enemy's stronghold and then seek refuge among their vassals, although it is true that if the Foursome really are working with the Queen of the Succubi, those Nocticulans you speak of might be worth interrogating."

Ulaam has an amused smile on her face. "I thought you wanted me to stay hidden while the devils talked," she remarks telepathically to Sesog, "but you couldn't resist having me make a dramatic entrance, could you?"

"Be silent."

"I'm being completely silent!"

lostsole31
2020-07-22, 07:00 PM
"I can only use a simple illusion spell to change my form, but as an illusion it is easily overturned. Also, I must keep my size, so I would have to take on the appearance of a local, populace-friendly/accepted large creature or giant" admits Helpharro. "I used to have an item that helped me for long-term infils, but that was in a previous diabolic incarnation, and with different equipment. Honestly, I conduct my missions invisibly nowadays. Besides, I doubt the Fearsome Foursome is going to slum it outside of Paramibo, unless they have fear and go to ground. In Paramibo, they will be less constrained and can deal with their group admixture much more freely. Only the succubus is likely to comfortably infil other places for extended periods."

NontheistCleric
2020-07-22, 07:08 PM
Sesog looks questioningly at Helpharro. "Forgive me, Helpharro, but I do not quite follow you. Would they not be more constrained in a devil-worshipping city than elsewhere?" he asks.

DebbieD
2020-07-22, 07:18 PM
If Glasya is correct in saying they are beholden to no Prince, then they would likely not even be acting in a mercenary capacity for Nocticula. As the most powerful demon currently in Daystor, they would hardly want to be more connected with the 'establishment', as it were. So if we want to rule out Paramibo, our options are expanded to several large wilderness areas...the interior and mountains of Novaya, or the expanse of the eastern area of South Enicom or the mountains just next to it beeing the two bigget

paradox26
2020-07-23, 03:52 AM
"I can shapechange using magic, but only for a matter of several hours at a time. I would burn a lot of my most powerful magical capacity if I were to change to human form all the time. And it is a waste of such capabilities using such powerful magic to change into the shape of a simple humanoid," Arzun says. He doesn't have any real opinion on how to catch the enemy, since he is more concerned with how they might be able to fight the demons when they do manage to find them. Still, he chooses to add, "Perhaps the Foursome are tiring of being out on their own all of the time. They may be seeking to gather favour with individual princes by aiding their causes. So don't write off the possibility of them aiding the demon worshiping mortals."

NontheistCleric
2020-07-23, 12:57 PM
"Well, there is no reason our camouflage need be solely magical," Sesog says to Arzun. "Indeed, more mundane means of disguise may fare better past a point, since even the most powerful spell of true seeing cannot penetrate such devices. So do not worry too much about depleting your mystic reserves."

"Anyway," he goes on, "while Helpharro works her corpse-interrogation spell, why don't the rest of us compare what we know of the Prime Material to see if we can identify the Foursome's likeliest destinations?"

See OOC thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?615817-Devils-vs-The-Fearsome-Foursome-(OOC)) for knowledge check proposal. Theoretically, everyone should be able to help out, as even an untrained check can achieve the DC 10 needed for a successful Aid Another action.

DebbieD
2020-07-23, 03:08 PM
With the aid of Sesog's spell, Sabrina considers the demon's options.
The glabrezu would probably head for Rennador. That city has a thousand year history of being ruled by demon worshipers and while the current drow are not aligned with Lolth, they would have no qualms about using a a glabrezu and the inner circles of power would not bat an eye at his presence.
The succubus would seek out money and areas where exotic sexuality are encouraged. She might even go to the high temple of Nocticula in Erandol and while not aligned with Nocticula, she is not opposed to her either and might be able to ingratiate herself with them. Either that or Kroy, the playground of the rich and famous, always looking for a dangerous thrill
Kroy is the Daystor version of Las Vegas
The marilith would seek out areas where she can be in battle, her favorite past time, which would indicate either the mountains of Novaya, South Enicom or North Enicom.
The balor, well, thats anyone's guess but he would not be near Rennador or Erandol, both of those demon havens would not welcome him as openly.

NontheistCleric
2020-07-25, 01:42 PM
While Sabrina speaks, Sesog telepathically asks Askaretha a question.

"Might we requisition a disguise kit or two, my Lady? It seems likely that such things will come in useful during our mission."

MikelaC1
2020-07-25, 04:46 PM
While Sabrina speaks, Sesog telepathically asks Askaretha a question.

"Might we requisition a disguise kit or two, my Lady? It seems likely that such things will come in useful during our mission."

That would not be a problem

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-26, 12:54 AM
"I could give each of us a form that lasts for days at a time, if that is more convenient. As Sesog says, it will not hold up to magical scrutiny, but I find it helps conceal my distinctive features nonetheless."

Ing adds what he can to the conversation that ends with Sabrina's summation of the suspects' likely locations. "You are right, of course. Those are our best leads. Given that our plan is to find their dog-footed cleric first, that would make the Rennador region our first destination. Is that correct?"

His mind turns back to the subject of disguises. "Helpharro, you mentioned that you might try using the form of a giant to avoid conflict. Is there any particular subset of giants that would be helpful? I would create papers and uniforms for a tribe of storm giants for us to hail from, if it would help the mission."

lostsole31
2020-07-26, 12:57 AM
Helpharro shakes her head. "I am too small for that. A runty, more sociable fire giant female would make the most sense for me."

samduke
2020-07-26, 03:40 AM
I am not sure that being given a temporary form even that of a giant would be useful but I am willing to give it a try and if that fails I can just disappear into the shadows.

DebbieD
2020-07-26, 01:12 PM
Storm giants are generally considered to be allied with good and thus arriving in that form in Rennador would cause problems

lostsole31
2020-07-26, 08:44 PM
Helpharro replies, "I understand commonly accepted good-vs.-evil, I do. But I can't fake the height of a storm giant but I can a fire giant. It is harder to deal with the basic abilities of many storm giants, but with immunity to fire it is an easy pitch. Good folk are suckers for 'outcasts,' but attempting a lie so far from baseline is harder to keep going."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-26, 11:05 PM
Ing seems crestfallen. "The intent of the polymorph spell would be to grant the desired height and gross physical features. No faking would be required," he says. "Silessia, I believe that you could get by with a mundane disguise. I am less confident about disguising wings and horns. It's possible, but one would risk being quite easily unmasked as a half-dragon fire giant."

The big bug doesn't intend that note as a joke. Such is the risk of letting one's creative mind get ahead of oneself. He further ponders that his own features will be the hardest of everyone to cover up or explain without magic, but then he doesn't need to ask permission to polymorph himself.

paradox26
2020-07-27, 12:08 AM
"A magical disguise would be necessary for me, I think. Even the best of nonmagical disguises will not cover for my horns, wings and tail, I fear. I suppose we could always try to disguise ourselves as demons, since that is closer to our appearance than a giant, and would allow us entry to where we need to go," Arzun suggests.

NontheistCleric
2020-07-27, 02:57 PM
"Having made extensive use of polymorph effects myself," Sesog interjects, "I must speak against their use in this instance, as much as they may assist in disguise."

Beside him, Ulaam's human form seems to split grotesquely along the seams, crumpling and folding in on itself until she is an earth mephit once more. She nods to punctuate his point.

"It has already been acknowledged that any magical transformation will be a dead giveaway to our trickery if detected," he continues. "But even disregarding that, an extended transmutation of the kind Gelugon Quarrier mentions both forces the subject into a weaker, stupider form and requires a non-trivial amount of time to remove, easily long enough to grant an enemy the initiative in combat if time has to be wasted on dispelling. That, or one must fight weakened. While these factors are not exactly crippling, they are disadvantages we may not be able to afford if our enemies live up to their reputation."

The air seems to shift slightly as Sesog pauses before speaking again.

"I submit that we should rely solely on mundane disguise. Some are understandably skeptical that concealing our more infernal features is possible, but I assure you that with the right implements—and Lady Askaretha has consented to provide us with just those—such artifice is achievable. We all know how Gelugon Quarrier's skill in that area is already near-transcendent even when he is not using magic, and we have among ourselves the means to push that further."

He plucks a jade circlet from its almost invisible encirclement of his emerald-scaled brow. "Firstly, there is this. Among other properties, it bestows a remarkable power of deception upon anyone who wears it. You are free to use it, Gelugon Quarrier—though I would appreciate its return after we are done. Moreover, even a lesser mage like myself knows of the magic that grants superlative insight into otherwise mundane tasks, so I am sure one such as yourself is able to perform it as well. Add that to whatever other helpful nuggets of expertise the rest of have accumulated over our long careers, and I am certain that almost any who see us will be taken in."

"I also had some ideas for what disguises we might employ," he says. "Only suggestions, of course. For those with large, infernal shapes, there might be no better guises than those of constructs. They are variable in design by nature, so we would not need to worry about being too close to mortal forms, nor do they carry the baggage of any particular ideological association. Meanwhile, one of us who is smaller and closer in form to the typical mortal could easily pose as handler, or at least creator."

This is the mechanical basis for what Sesog is proposing:

First, we start with Ing's +39 Disguise modifier.

Then, apply the following: +20 from Circlet of Persuasion
+25 from Moment of Prescience
+18 from Marshal Aura
+4 from Greater Heroism (if Helpharro agrees to cast it, may require dismissal of Mind Blank)
+12 if every other member of the party uses Aid Another (maybe the Archduchesses could also Aid Another if they felt like it? They could surely meet the DC of 10)
+2 from Disguise Kit use

This adds up to a total modifier of +120, not counting possible help from the Archduchesses. Assuming Ing takes 10, this means a default check of 128, because of the -2 modifier for disguising a creature as a different race.

If Ing doesn't have more than one Moment of Prescience prepared, Sesog can pick up the slack after the first disguise.

For Sesog, the total modifiers would be:
+38 Base (incl. circlet)
+25 from Moment of Prescience
+18 from Marshal Aura
+4 from Greater Heroism (if Helpharro agrees to cast it, may require dismissal of Mind Blank)
+12 if every other member of the party uses Aid Another (maybe the Archduchesses could also Aid Another if they felt like it? They could surely meet the DC of 10)
+2 from Disguise Kit use
+5 if Ing is willing to lend him his Super Luckstone

That comes out to the lesser but still respectable total modifier of +104, or final take-10 check of 112. In both cases, it should be almost impossible to penetrate these disguises unless someone is actively trying just as hard as us. If anyone else has some method of pushing these checks even further, that would probably be good.

Note that there are actually only significant penalties to Disguise for attempting to change apparent height and weight more than 11%, so as long the disguise includes extra bulk or some similar trickery, there shouldn't really be penalties for trying to disguise horns, wings and tails that have a major impact on success.

DebbieD
2020-07-27, 03:48 PM
All I need to do is curl up my tail under my skirts and re-style my hair to cover my horns. Winged females, while not exactly common, do exist among mortals and are not universally good or evil.

paradox26
2020-07-28, 02:22 AM
"I would be willing to try whatever you think best. Stealth and bluffing are not my strong suits. If you think a construct's form would be best, I would be inclined to agree. I think it would allow for my size. It will still take some work, but I think with your talents I would be able to be properly disguised," Arzun says in reply. He tries to think of what sort of construct would be appropriate, but then figures whatever can be made would be fine. And if his disguise were to be penetrated or suspected, he could always use his own magic to actually become a construct if needed.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-28, 06:42 PM
"Aside from my skills' debatable transcendence, that is all very true," says Ingulmaxi. It is only in the nature of an artist to stay wary of his own work. He accepts Sesog's circlet and turns it over in his chitinous hands with a telepathic I thank you.

"I will not contest your judgments. In that case, let us design our quasi-mortal adventuring party. Is there anything else before we get started?"

NontheistCleric
2020-07-29, 12:27 PM
"We were going to ask the dead ones some questions, weren't we?" asks Sesog, glancing at the throat-slit cornugon and frozen osyluth.

lostsole31
2020-07-29, 06:41 PM
Helpharro casts speak with dead. Her first question, "How many attacked your forces?"
I guess the reason I stalled on this ... in addition to IRL issues slapping me in the face .... is the nature of pbp. I've been in pbp with speak with dead before and the GM demanded all questions ahead of time, and that kind of made me gun shy. Which is ridiculous, because the answer to one question may feed the next. So, I am sorry if this is going to take a bit, and I am pretty present online, but I am NOT going to give a pre-designed list of questions. It just doesn't work. PBP or not.

MikelaC1
2020-07-29, 08:44 PM
There were 4 of them

lostsole31
2020-07-29, 11:28 PM
Helpharro shrugs at that point, then asks the party (not the corpse), "Do we even bother asking any other questions?"

NontheistCleric
2020-07-30, 04:32 AM
Sesog drifts through the air towards the corpse, settling spiderlike on the wall above to gaze down on its face.

"So we know all four came. It might be wise to confirm that they were indeed a balor, marilith, succubus and glabrezu. While that seems the obvious conclusion, it takes only a little oversight to be led astray. Also, ask if he saw who cast"—he points with a clawed wing at the frost-rimed osyluth—"that ice spell. Knowing which of the Foursome prefers direct offensive magic will be helpful."

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-07-31, 11:01 PM
"Perhaps you could ask what the four were wearing or wielding?" Ing muses. "It could provide some further insight into their modus operandi."

While the group comes up with more interesting questions than that, Ing reaches into his mundane bag to touch some unseen arcane focus and speaks the wizardly gibberish required to summon a green storage chest, which arrives with a swoosh and a clunk. He exchanges his silly hat for Sesog's headband - it barely fits - and sits down to look through the clothing material inside with a new mind for deception.

He pulls out come stationary from a corner of the chest and begins listing potential cover identities for the group, along with some simple sketches of their material-plane personas. Daystorsonas?

Sabrina and Silessia are licensed slave traders, able to both buy and sell. Ulaam is their familiar and clerk. Arzun and Helpharro are a minotaur pair while Ingulmaxi and Sesog represent divergent reptilian species from the traders' exotic catalog. The slaves' detectable magic items are explained as enchantments of domination and as demonstrations of confidence in their products' loyalty.

Silessia is an eccentric creator of golems and Sabrina her lovely assistant and trophy wife. Their party consists of a menagerie of their creations, each impressively programmed with skills and spells. They are in the city shopping for exotic materials. They accept custom orders, but none in their entourage are for sale at this time.

The group is a headstrong team of mercenary archaeologists, which is definitely a real profession on the material plane.
- Silessia is an human and a wilderness expert
- Sabrina is a half-elf and a winged warrior-poet
- Arzun is a fire giant and a dragonblood-monk
- Helpharro is a fire giant and a priestess of Tiamat
- Ingulmaxi is a fire giant and an elderly record-keeper
- Sesog is Ingulmaxi's draconic familiar
- Ulaam is a halfling and a winged charlatan

paradox26
2020-08-01, 02:07 AM
"I like the first option the most. Fire giants as adventurers would be harder to explain. The slave traders idea seems better. I can play a cow man. Only concern I have is that the magic detection may pose a problem. Domination magic would work, but any decent magic detection spell would be able to tell if that is not the magic we are using. Or do you plan to bring some shapeshifted slaves from the lower planes here, and use actual domination magic to control them? Even if so, the shapeshifting magic would be detectable. EVen using only ourselves as the slaves would have too many magical auras to be explainable," Arzun suggests.

NontheistCleric
2020-08-01, 03:16 AM
"Our divination-proofing spells should be enough to counteract most methods of detecting magic," Sesog says to Arzun. "I can see only one mark in the first proposal's disfavor: It will be difficult to explain why a pair of slave traders has no interest in buying or selling slaves. After all, none of us will be for sale, and having any actual slaves along would be a significant hindrance to the mission."

Privately, he also finds the prospect of playing a slave—particularly one subordinate to Ulaam—abhorrent, but does not say so.

"Overall," he concludes, "my support remains behind the second plan. While there is nothing inherently wrong with the third, a group of unusual people will always stand out more than a collection of unusual tools."

DebbieD
2020-08-01, 06:44 AM
I like option2 as well. Fewer things that seem "wrong" on the surface that need to be explained away. While most humans are stupid and easy to bluff, its still better to have to explain yourself as few times as possible.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-08-02, 10:26 AM
"I suppose that that is so." Ing scratches out option 1, as that story had the most holes in it anyway. He pauses before reluctantly scratching out number 3. He was hoping to work more on its specifics, but if a family of giants and their retainers was already a suspect concept then that plan really had nowhere to go.

"Posing as constructs does introduce a drawback of its own. We would be wholly dependent on our mistresses to speak for us and to protect us from undue examination or tampering." Naturally, this translates to using telepathic communication whenever possible and to asking Silessia and Sabrina for help when interacting with mortals. That this implication goes without saying makes the drawback into more of a minor inconvenience, really.

Ing asks the more socially-savvy for advice on local fashion as he starts work on the costumes. He's already planning on which gaps to fill in with the makeup that Sesog has requisitioned. The golems will be using a lot of dyes on their skin to appear more artificial. We might need to make some modifications to enchanted clothing and jewelry to incorporate it into the disguises, but that task too is well within the bug's wheelhouse.

If there is nothing else, we should probably excuse ourselves from the scene of the crime before we change clothes.

DebbieD
2020-08-02, 08:28 PM
Sabrina takes the group to a place where they can do the costumes, as well, she is probably the most socially savvy member and can advise what the latest fashions are, and if any money needs to be spent to improve things, she has some spare gold for the task.

paradox26
2020-08-05, 07:09 AM
Arzun finds that the more he considers the construct plan, the better it appears. He decides to go along with it completely, though he prefers in general to speak up, as the Herald of His Lady. He goes along quietly with the others, and follows directions to assist them as much as possible in preparing the disguises, making their jobs as easy as possible.

lostsole31
2020-08-05, 05:44 PM
Helpharro is fine with the plan as it stands.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-08-05, 08:40 PM
Ing and the group assemble their material identities from cloth and makeup. At some point, it's decided that Sabrina is most comfortable in the role of the crafting mastermind, with Silessia as the more introverted assistant, albeit no less sexy or streetwise for it.

As most of Crafter Sabrina's constructs have wings, it stands to reason that she constructed her own wings and fused them to her flesh at some point, so Ing builds and installs a convincing biomechanical interface at her shoulders. He further insists on giving her his enchanted apron and incorporates it into her guise. The signature item bears tools and skill enhancements suitable for a master sculptress.

He dresses up the remaining devils' wings with matching feathery sheathes, the sort of which Crafter Sabrina would have stretched over an appropriate mechanical lattice during construction.

It seems appropriate for Sabrina and Silessia to dictate the names of their characters. Furthermore, Ing makes sure that each member of the party has a say in the material and function of their construct visage.

Ingulmaxi himself, being wingless, was likely one of Crafter Sabrina's early creations, built before her wing design was perfected. As such, he is a beast of burden, constructed from clay and set with armored plates to vaguely resemble a worker ant. He paints his carapace in suitable browns and beiges. He alters his robes to be draped over a more hunched posture and draws cracks and scratches to peek out from under them, suggesting years of wear and tear. He attaches his hat, loupe and spectacles to his head, re-imagining them as an analysis module added some time after his body's original construction.

MikelaC1
2020-08-05, 08:56 PM
With the natural skill of the disguisers, not to mention the not inconsiderable magical bonuses being tossed around to boost skills, the appearance of constructs and a master crafter soon take form, and by the end of it, the party looks exactly like what they were aiming for and only the closest examination of it would reveal the truth...the sort of close examination that a group of epic powered devils would have their own ways of dealing with.

samduke
2020-08-06, 07:11 AM
looking the group over, then turning to Sabrina, speaking sarcastically well "dear" what do we call ourselves?

DebbieD
2020-08-06, 02:46 PM
On the Prime, the name Sabrina is going conjure up the goddess, not some random erinyes, and with my looks, passing as a Sabrina worshiper who took her name should be no problem. Even the eccentricity fits the faith.If you have never been summoned before, then your name would not be known either and should be safe.

NontheistCleric
2020-08-08, 05:13 PM
"I'm probably best off as some kind of large mechanical bird," Sesog tells Ingulmaxi. "As for Ulaam, I think she would make a good homunculus-type thing—make it as ugly as possible."

"What?!" Ulaam exclaims indignantly.

"Well, it will be good to have an apparently intelligent construct around, so that someone can still talk if we get separated from our 'masters' for any reason. But since we don't want to be memorable—this is a covert operation, after all—it's best if you're the kind of thing no one actually wants to look at or remember."

"Don't be stupid! Homunculi can't even talk, and in any case, it's not like anyone will be looking away from Sabrina unless she's going in head-to-toe coverings, so why should it matter what I look like?"

She turns away momentarily to address Sabrina. "You're not, are you?"

"I said 'homunculus-type', not 'homunculus'," Sesog points out. "Obviously you can't be a real homunculus—you're too big. I just meant that you should resemble the kind of construct mortals know can think for itself, and it's not unreasonable that an improved version should be able to speak."

"It's not up to you, anyway," Ulaam sneers at him. "Ing! You'd better not make me ugly!"

DebbieD
2020-08-08, 05:24 PM
She turns away momentarily to address Sabrina. "You're not, are you?"

I invented the wardrobe malfunction

samduke
2020-08-09, 07:27 AM
I invented the wardrobe malfunction

turning to Sabrina, there needs to be less on you for a wardrobe malfunction

Dr.Gunsforhands
2020-08-09, 12:02 PM
"You could simply be Crafter Sabrina's familiar," Ing tells Ulaam. "She would be more than experienced enough to summon and bind you for that purpose. Given her established character, however, she likely subjected you to a number of experiments in grafted cybernetics. Your wings should be prototypes for the ones she applied to herself."

Ing knows all about creative wizards experimenting on their familiars. When he's done with Ulaam, her stylized prostheses leave her as adorable and memorable as ever, but an association with Sabrina and her constructs easily explains her away. "Remember that we do not need to be invisible. We merely need to be somebody else's problem."

Once everyone's new identities are set, Ing turns Sesog's headband over to Ulaam, reasoning that she will need it if she is to speak for her mistress' expensive appliances. Sesog's frustration with this arrangement remains lost on the ice devil.

paradox26
2020-08-10, 03:56 AM
Arzun allows the chattering of the others to progress without interruption. He instead studies his own appearance. It is remarkable how well they have managed to disguise him. His new form, in matching with his height, is that of an iron golem. He can remain silent, which alone should be a significant disguise for the normally talkative Herald.

DebbieD
2020-08-10, 07:25 AM
turning to Sabrina, there needs to be less on you for a wardrobe malfunction

It happens in a twinkling, almost faster than the eye can follow, but suddenly Sabrina is clothed in only a black bustier, along with a skin-tight skirt that does not reach her midriff and just barely touches her thighs. An almost transparent robe really doesnt hide anything and around her neck is a gold chain that holds a small figurine of a woman nestling into her cleavage. Those familiar with Prime religions know that to be the symbol of Sabrina (the godess) however a close examination of the figurine would prove that is actually of Askaretha. Of course, to get that close to exam it would probably not be advisable for anyone averse to being cut by a pair of long swords.
I think this will prove to be distracting enough for anyone to not closely examine "my" constructs.

MikelaC1
2020-08-14, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately, the pace of this game is simply unacceptable for me to continue to moderate it. Its probably my fault for thinking I could restart a game after it being paused for a month or two at the end of recruitment when the energy and interest would be the highest. I thank you for your interest, but for now, this game is closed.