PDA

View Full Version : 5E Lina Inverse (Slayers Build)?

Stormynight09
2020-07-15, 01:44 AM
I was wondering if anyone here could help me build a Lena inverse inspired character from slayers? I’ve seen the topic thrown around a few times but I was mostly looking for something that might involve a Marshall archetype multi class with the primary focus be magic obviously but I wasn’t certain what classes would really work for her. I was thinking Fighter for 2 levels and lore master wizard? Just looking for an in-depth post from other players who could give a thorough breakdown as in at my wits end with what could work.

CheddarChampion
2020-07-15, 02:22 AM
Welcome to the hobby!

Fighter 1/Sorcerer X seems like a good fit to me.
Were you thinking human or would you go with something like Half-Elf?

Variant Human (for Elemental Adept: Fire) with stats of 10/14/14/10/10/16 after the ability score bonuses. Draconic Sorcerer for extra fire damage. Metamagic: Heighten Spell would be thematic but Quicken, Twin, and Careful would be effective. You get medium armor from your fighter level, combined with 14 Dex your AC will be good enough. Get your Cha to 20 ASAP then maybe the feat Warcaster if you get to that high of a level.

For martial ability, just cast Green Flame Blade (a cantrip from the book "Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide"). It lets you swing a weapon and deal extra fire damage, essentially. You can quicken it if you want to cast it twice in one round. Firebolt is effective too - it is compatible with twin spell so when you have six levels of sorcerer you could shoot two 2d10+Charisma Modifier bolts for very low cost.

If you prefer to play up the whole making pacts for arcane power thing, "Hexblade," a subclass for the warlock, will be your thing. It is from the book "Xanathar's Guide to Everything." Your power comes from a dark being that also enhances your skill with a sword, letting you use your Charisma modifier instead of your strength or dexterity. You also get medium armor and shields for better AC.

Play as a Half-Elf with stats of 10/14/15/10/10/17 after ability score bonuses. Take Elven Accuracy (a feat from XGtE) with a +1 Cha boost at level 4, +2 Cha at level 8, and Resilient (Constitution) at level 12 to get a high Con save (which is good for concentrating on spells when/if you get hit). For your pact at level 3, choose "Pact of the Blade." That will let your pick up invocations that let you do things like attack twice instead of once (but not with spells), add your Charisma modifier again to the damage when you land a hit with your weapon, or use a spell slot to deal extra damage when you hit with your weapon. You can also take Green Flame Blade as one of your warlock cantrips.

Here's some links to help you with choosing spells and otherwise customizing your character to your liking:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?457552-How-to-Rend-Fiends-and-Immolate-People-A-Guide-to-Sorcery

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?485736-Selling-your-Soul-at-a-Premium-The-Warlock-s-Guide-to-Power

Man_Over_Game
2020-07-15, 12:10 PM
Seems like a minor amount of endurance and Evocation Wizard is the key here.

As mentioned, two levels of Fighter lets you Action Surge would reflect the "Endurance" portion, as well as the fact that she's known to have big one-and-done castings.