PDA

View Full Version : TV Project Power

Palanan
2020-07-15, 03:11 PM
New series coming to Netflix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1vQgVaYNQ

Essentially superpowers in pill form, with all the issues of an illicit commodity.

Potentially interesting. Set in New Orleans, which is a net positive.

HandofShadows
2020-07-15, 04:19 PM
Sounds a lot like Plasmids/Vigors from BioShock. :smalleek:

Julian84
2020-07-15, 06:42 PM
Getting some Bright-but-Superpowers vibes. Idk, not holding my breath for this one.

CharonsHelper
2020-07-15, 09:41 PM
Getting some Bright-but-Superpowers vibes. Idk, not holding my breath for this one.

The biggest problem with Bright was the worldbuilding. "There is magic and multiple sentient species and fairies and an evil empire thousands of years ago and FOR SOME REASON, EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME." No major changes in technology, culture, or national borders.

Bright had cool moments, and it could have been solid if they'd started from an Alien Nation vibe where it was a recent development. Just steal the convergence fluff from The Witcher, only it's them coming to Earth rather than humans going there.

Superheroes are much easier to integrate into a normal setting, because superheroes are USUALLY thrown into an otherwise normal setting.

I'm not saying that this WILL be good, but it'd be a lot easier to make pretty good than the base premise they had with Bright - which was inherently flawed.

Hopeless
2020-07-16, 01:33 AM
Very curious about this.
Are they insinuating his daughter invented the pill in question?

tomandtish
2020-07-20, 06:46 PM
The biggest problem with Bright was the worldbuilding. "There is magic and multiple sentient species and fairies and an evil empire thousands of years ago and FOR SOME REASON, EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME." No major changes in technology, culture, or national borders.

Bright had cool moments, and it could have been solid if they'd started from an Alien Nation vibe where it was a recent development. Just steal the convergence fluff from The Witcher, only it's them coming to Earth rather than humans going there.

Superheroes are much easier to integrate into a normal setting, because superheroes are USUALLY thrown into an otherwise normal setting.

I'm not saying that this WILL be good, but it'd be a lot easier to make pretty good than the base premise they had with Bright - which was inherently flawed.

Have to agree. This seems more likely to work because this is JUST happening, as opposed to something that's happened 1000s of years ago.

It's the same problem you have with alternate timelines. The further back the changing event is, the more likely things are radically different and not similar.