PDA

View Full Version : Three great rings of power (parody of the One Ring) (major artifacts) [PEACH]

DanielLC
2007-10-29, 07:38 PM
Hey, who said they all had to be the same ring?

One Ring to rule them all:
Allows the wearer to cast mass dominate person at will.
CL 20.

One Ring to find them:
Allows the wearer to cast greater scrying at will, except with no will save modifier. You must have some idea of who you're looking for, but you don't need to put it into words. The spell is cast on whoever fits the description best.
CL 20.

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them:
Allows the wearer to cast greater planar binding at will, except on humanoids instead of outsiders, no hit die limit, and limited to one target at a time. It must be cast at night with no illumination, or at day in magical darkness. You may specify who you want to cast it on.
CL 20.

Neftren
2007-10-29, 07:43 PM
Ooh, looks cool...maybe add a flavor thing, which combines the effects of all three rings when forged together in the hottest fires of Moun Doom, under the watchful eye of Sauron, a volcano, to form "The One Ring".

Fuza
2007-10-29, 08:37 PM
Ooh, looks cool...maybe add a flavor thing, which combines the effects of all three rings when forged together in the hottest fires of Moun Doom, under the watchful eye of Sauron, a volcano, to form "The One Ring".
That would be a good idea. Needs more fluff.

Xenoti
2007-10-29, 08:39 PM
More fluff but i like :3

Neftren
2007-10-29, 08:46 PM
Oh and it should probably have Craft Epic Wondrous Items as a requirement.

Maldraugedhen
2007-10-29, 10:57 PM
...Not Nenya, Narya, and Vilya?

Damn, got my hopes up.

Although this is an interesting twist on the One.

DanielLC
2007-10-29, 11:05 PM

Then it would just be the one ring. The point was for it to be a creative misinterpretation of it. Like taking out a crucial comma in the Jabberwocky so the Jabberwock bites his nails (Beware the Jabberwock my son. The jaws that bite(,) the claws that catch.)

Oh and it should probably have Craft Epic Wondrous Items as a requirement.

To what? You can't make one. It's a major artifact.

Rowanomicon
2007-10-29, 11:57 PM
Haha, this is funny.
I think I'll use them, or a variation, in the next comedy campaign I run.

DracoDei
2007-10-30, 06:17 AM
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them:Allows the wearer to cast greater planar binding at will, except on humanoids instead of outsiders, no hit die limit, and limited to one target at a time. You may specify who you want to cast it on.
CL 20.
So... just realized... shouldn't this effect be inextricably linked to a simultaneous casting of "Deeper Darkness"... or at least only work at night or something?

DanielLC
2007-10-30, 08:41 PM
It is done.

Mewtarthio
2007-10-30, 09:07 PM
Pity that there's no way to wear all three rings at once short of Epic Feats.

DracoDei
2007-10-30, 10:06 PM
Umm, it is called a "Hand of Glory" (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#handofGlory)

Mewtarthio
2007-10-30, 10:16 PM
Umm, it is called a "Hand of Glory" (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#handofGlory)

Yes, but then it's the hand wearing it. I kind of wanted the badass image of the Evil Overlord holding up his hands to reveal three major artifacts.

DracoDei
2007-10-30, 10:21 PM
Eh... go for Mage Hand and have the Hand of Glory float up to above his shoulder at ear level (while still on its chain).

vanyell
2007-10-30, 10:24 PM
isn't there an ebberon feat for that? doubles the number of rings you can wear?

DracoDei
2007-10-30, 10:29 PM
That too, but I assumed that he had already considered that and rejected it as not fitting his setting...

DanielLC
2007-10-31, 05:34 PM
You can wear three rings at once, its just that only two will work. You don't need them all at once. I'd just keep all three rings on one hand, with only one ring to rule them all activated, and just move the other rings to my other hand when I need them. I'd probably even have a normal magic ring on my second hand until then.