PDA

View Full Version : questions concerning warforged

Doresain
2007-10-29, 11:49 PM
i started thinking about this earlier and its been bugging me ever since...but lets say we have a warforged with the admantine body feat and improved sunder, and he attempts to sunder opponent a's weapon with a slam attack...since he is essentially made of admantine, does he bypass the hardness of said weapon?

also, im trying to build a warforged fighter/artificer (seeing as how i really only have access to the core books and the ECS, as well as a few of the other eberron books) and would like suggestions on good feats, skills, etc. for an ECL 6 character...

TheOOB
2007-10-30, 12:06 AM
No, that feat does not affect your slam attack in any way, the feat gives a specific listed benefit, and nothing more. If you need an RP justification you can say that the feat makes your armor made of adamatine, but that plating on your hands is not enough to make a significant difference to your attacks.

Really, by being an artificer you are allready on a good path to power, I suggest focusing on the various feats to improve your ability to create and use magic items, making items faster and cheeply will make you veyr powerful.

Icewalker
2007-10-30, 12:07 AM
Huh.

I suppose it doesn't technically say so...

I'm not too sure about that.

Doresain
2007-10-30, 12:17 AM
the plating on your hands would be the equivalent of a gauntlet would it not? you can make attacks with admantine gauntlets and bypass hardness, why not with an actual hand plated with adamantine?

i dunno, ill talk to my DM about this...ill probably end up taking mithral body for my character just to keep my speed factor...just curious on the interpretation of a feat that plates you in adamantine

Nebo_
2007-10-30, 07:12 AM
This was covered in the FAQ or the errata or something...
No go, it doesn't let you treat your slam as adamantium.

Irreverent Fool
2007-10-30, 08:40 AM
Someone has a signature around here that says

That spell was designed to summon muffins for you to eat. You cannot summon them into your opponent's brain.

Same diff. You may be able to talk a DM into it, but it's not as intended and it's not as written.

Aquillion
2007-10-30, 08:50 AM
Out of curiousity, why are you combining artificer and fighter? I suppose you can do it, since artificers have no reason not to wear armor, and grant enough BAB to not totally screw over your fighter... but it's an odd combination. You can't both fight and use wands at the same time, after all. Well, you can, but you only have so many actions.

I guess there is some RP appeal to beating enemies up with a magic sword you made yourself...

Doresain
2007-10-30, 01:10 PM
Out of curiousity, why are you combining artificer and fighter? I suppose you can do it, since artificers have no reason not to wear armor, and grant enough BAB to not totally screw over your fighter... but it's an odd combination. You can't both fight and use wands at the same time, after all. Well, you can, but you only have so many actions.

I guess there is some RP appeal to beating enemies up with a magic sword you made yourself...

hes a warforged soldier who values the usefulness of infusions...something he picked up during the last war as a way to help keep his comrades up and running...

edit: thanks for clearing up the adamantine body thing for me gang

Shatenjager
2007-10-30, 02:14 PM
Yeah! Who in their right mind would play a warforged artificer/fighter?

<-------------- This guy!

A couple low level infusions and attacking with natural attacks and you are full of win. At least in theory.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-10-30, 02:23 PM
No, Artificer/Fighter isn't as powerful as straight Artificer, because very little is as powerful as a straight Artificer. They're up there with the primary spellcasters, and are probably the best damage-output class in the game.

In less absolute terms, however, an Artificer does complement a melee character nicely, and makes a fairly good pseudo-gish.