PDA

View Full Version : Character Concept: Non-angsty Fallen Aasimar Paladin Warlock

KnotKnormal
2020-07-19, 01:07 PM
Build Info

So i was looking at some interesting builds I had thought of when i came across one i had just labeled "UBER SMITE" i started looking into how to build it and i came up with this.
Paladin 2
Warlock 5 Pact of the blade, Hexblade
Invocations are Eldritch Smite, Improved Pact Weapon, and Thirsting blade

this is a very very offensive build so I ditched the shield and went with great weapon fighting and desided to use a maul

the math works out like this.
Maul +9 atk 2D6+6 dmg
Divine Smite +2D8 dmg
Eldritch Smite +4D8 dmg
Hexblade Curse +Prof (3) dmg
Necrotic Shroud +lvl (7) dmg

(optional)
Green Flame Blade +1D8 dmg (limits attacks per turn, but is an extra D8 plus damage to others)
Branding Smite +3D8 dmg (limits this combo to once per short rest but is a nice buff in damage)

Bonus:
crit on a 19-20
and you can attack twice a turn (except when using green flame blade)
and you reroll 1s amd 2s on damage rolls

so on a non crit
Maul +9 atk 2D6, 6D8 +16 average 46 dmg max of 76
with one hit. and you can do it twice

personally though I'd wait for a 19 or 20 on the dice and then call for all the worlds smite for an average of 76 and a max of 136.

Roleplay Style

For roleplay I thought this could be an interesting idea. starting at LVL 1 you are devout follower of (insert god here) and follows its teachings. and at level 3 in order to stop a threat against his temple or family or party, he strikes a deal with an otherworldly being immediately causing him to fall, becoming the Fallen Aasimar. however you do not fall out of favor with your god, as your intentions were good and pure. but from that point on you have to struggle between listening to this unknown entity or listening to you god.

thoughts, opinions?