PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Celestial Warlock & Artificer?

Citadel97501
2020-07-19, 01:20 PM
Hello all, I was just wondering how you all feel about the combination of Celestial Warlock and Artificer? I just hit my 4th level, and chose to MC into Artificer so I could provide additional support for my party. I am not sure which sub-class yet but I am heavily leaning towards Alchemist as it will improve my fire damage, and the extra uses of the Experimental Elixer sounds great to me.

We aren't allowed to use UA, or Wyldemount stuff, and started at level 1.

Stuff that matters:
-Party Mix: Zealot Barbarian (Great Sword DPS), Valor Bard, War Cleric (selfish build focused on great sword dps)

-My Stats: Dex, Con, & Int = 14, Charisma 16, Wisdom 8 (A RP idea, why else would you go adventuring instead of stay home or make a pact?)

-Race: Variant Human
-V Human Feat: Moderately Armored (I originally didn't know if I was going to take the level of Artificer. If I had I would have taken something else.)

-Celestial Warlock: 3
-Pact of the Tome: Guidance, Shillelagh, Spare the Dying

-Artificer: 1
-Ray of Frost, Thorn Whip
-Identify, Grease

Vogie
2020-07-19, 07:05 PM
I like the combination - I'd flavor it as receiving celestial knowledge. Since you're likely to have higher Charisma than Intelligence, I'd grab Warlock 6 as fast as possible before pursuing Alchemical Savant at Artificer 5.

I'd also want to double-check that double dip with your DM. Since Warlock spells have to use an arcane focus, and artificer spells need to use alchemist's supplies as a focus... you may be SOL if the DM gives a hard no