PDA

View Full Version : Pls peach Healing Cantrip

BerzerkerUnit
2020-07-21, 04:14 PM
Forced Invigoration
Casting Time: 1 Minute
Components: V, M (clear water in a Crystal Flask worth 50 gp)
Range: Touch
Target: one willing or unconscious Creature
You touch a creature and draw out hidden reserves of resilience. When you cast the spell the target can roll one of their hit dice and recover a number of hit points equal to the result on the die.
If the creature has no remaining hit dice when this spell is cast, they regain 1 hit point and suffer a level of exhaustion.
The target can roll an additional hit die and add its result to the total at levels 5, 11, and 17.

———

Limited healing since it uses target resource.
Less efficient than resting since you don’t add con bonus.

nickl_2000
2020-07-22, 06:28 AM
Overall it seems fine, you hit the biggest issue with healing cantrips by attaching it to a limited resource. My gut says that this should be 1 minute instead of 1 round so that you don't make Spare the Dying and Healing Kits useless, but that is just my gut.

LibraryOgre
2020-07-22, 10:38 AM
I'd be inclined to include the target's Con modifier in the HD roll, but it looks good.

BerzerkerUnit
2020-07-22, 11:30 AM
Overall it seems fine, you hit the biggest issue with healing cantrips by attaching it to a limited resource. My gut says that this should be 1 minute instead of 1 round so that you don't make Spare the Dying and Healing Kits useless, but that is just my gut.

Ah, it does make Spare the Dying meaningless as is. Thanks!

Old Harry MTX
2020-07-22, 12:49 PM
I'd be inclined to include the target's Con modifier in the HD roll, but it looks good.
Yes, I would include it too.

Yakk
2020-07-22, 12:53 PM
How about:
1 action
10 minute duration
Expend a HD. You regain 1 HP per minute, up to the value rolled. This spell ends if you take any damage.

Sort of a slow regeneration. You can toss it up on a few allies. If you enter combat, it sucks, so there is some risk.

JNAProductions
2020-07-22, 01:09 PM

I would not, as that makes it as good as short-rest healing.

LibraryOgre
2020-07-22, 03:38 PM
I would not, as that makes it as good as short-rest healing.

Which I don't have a particular problem with, given the difficulty of getting a short rest, sometimes.