PDA

View Full Version : Drow Strongholds

Ranis
2007-10-30, 10:10 AM
Due to an oversight pertaining to how much work I'd have over the past two weeks, I have a large gap in the section of the 3.5 session I'm running this Friday, and I'm in need of a fort/stronghold of some kind filled with Drow. Does anyone know of any open source or pregenerated Drow strongholds?

Also, if anyone could make me some drow with class levels that make them come out to the equivalent of ECL10 (basically ones that aren't pushovers like the ones in MMIV are), I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-30, 11:08 AM
The "against the giants" chain had a battle with a drow high priestess, before you went for the spider queen, and I think it's OGM. I think that part happened in a drow stronghold.

Ranis
2007-10-30, 11:26 AM
The "against the giants" chain had a battle with a drow high priestess, before you went for the spider queen, and I think it's OGM. I think that part happened in a drow stronghold.

What is the "against the giants chain?"

Keld Denar
2007-10-30, 01:11 PM
The newish module "Expedition to the Demonweb Pits" has a drow citidel in it. I'm not really sure whats inside of it, seeing as the party is currently just outside of it making plans to storm it. Looks like lots of drow though (Duh). The module is set for a party of about 10th level characters. I believe its kind of a side area, but I've never been one above a little game of "Kill-Em-All-N-Take-Their-Stuff" Drow + Looting = WBL guidelines destroyed.

Only downside is that the module will run you about $20 US, and probably has a ship time > a week if you are in US, more for out of US (if they even ship to you).

Good Luck and Good Gaming!

Azerian Kelimon
2007-10-30, 01:19 PM
"Against the giants" was a 1st edition campaign, if I'm not mistaken. It was among the most popular campaigns, and included battles with quite a few varieties of giants, ending with a fight with a drow priestess. Since it's form another edition, I believe it was released as free material. It shouldn't take too long to adapt it to 3ed.

Ranis
2007-10-30, 06:00 PM
Is Expedition to the Demonweb Pits something I can find on the WotC website, or is it sold?

Matthew
2007-10-30, 06:11 PM
It's sold, but the Maps are probably hosted for free on the Wizards Website.

Map a Week Archive (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mwa/archiveall)