PDA

View Full Version : Table that helps you Create Spells

John Out West
2020-07-22, 06:07 PM
I've been working on an rpg that doesn't have traditional hit points or a scaling damage system, which meant that i couldn't have multiple spells that do the same thing but just at different damage scales and levels.

Instead I created a system where you could create you own spells by mixing them together. Higher level characters get more mixing options, but it won't affect the damage.

The spell system is split into 8 Spell Schools, and each spell school has 6 base spells. Each spell can be used to augment another spell and add to its abilities. You can mix Abjuration and Evocation spells to make exploding traps or bolts that cage their target, or mix Conjuration and Illusions spells to make a spell that create an illusory copy of yourself as you teleport away. (Or as I like to call it, the Ol' Switcharoo)

You can get it here.
(https://drive.google.com/file/d/11aF6Wq2YECAv-vFuqRg3n4OT7UDV1DC9/view?usp=sharing)

As a preface, I would note that this game uses cards instead of dice, and use the word "Foundation" instead of hitpoints.

If you find it at all useful or intriguing i'd love to hear about it, or if you found some major flaw or broken spell combination. I've also been having fun rolling 2d8 + 2d6 to make random spell combinations. My favorite so far is "Aggressive Memory Zone," Which creates a zone that lets all people inside have access to one another's Memories, and also makes all of them vulnerable to attacks! Would be a great spell to cast on a Royal Court or council, and watch them all turn on one another.
You should definitely post any fun spell combinations you find!

When using the table, the 1d8 determines the School, and the 1d6 determines which sub-spell.

1d8
1 Abjuration (pg3)
2 Conjuration (pg5)
3 Divination (pg7)
4 Evocation (pg9)
5 Transmutation (pg 11)
6 Necromancy (pg 13)
7 Enchantment (pg15)
8 Illusion (pg 17)
+1 Gut Magic (pg 19)

1d6
1 Offensive (1st)