PDA

View Full Version : 5e Classes with Companions comparison

Farias123
2020-07-23, 11:38 PM
Hi there, everyone, just wanted to say that, I'm not 100% sure if all I put in here is right but I want to ask for your feedback about the information given, the potential that a companion could reach on said level. Also, I took into account things that won't ever be happening, like "Pounce" from a Panther, or the deflect attack of the Steel Defender after the "Improved Defender" feature. All in all, that's not a damage or HP comparison, it's more of a funny way of showing classes or subclasses that could have a pet, even if temporary. So, my friends, enjoy:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QzgJnk00X_rk1-K8-tFViiKYHIu48zDOvujRMj8WqLw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Akal Saris
2020-07-24, 02:15 AM
I don't have any useful feedback, but thanks for sharing this info!

Farias123
2020-07-24, 02:29 PM
I don't have any useful feedback, but thanks for sharing this info!

You're welcome man :)

Flashkannon
2020-07-24, 06:58 PM
I'd think Necromancer would count - they're great with... well, perhaps great is the wrong word, but they have pets!

Farias123
2020-07-24, 09:19 PM
I'd think Necromancer would count - they're great with... well, perhaps great is the wrong word, but they have pets!

That's a nice way of thinking, though I don't think it would be a viable way of having a "pet" cause it's not like a class feature or a signature spell like Find Familiar or Find Steed, cause you would need to keep on recasting it constantly, it's like considering tiny servant. Not that it is bad, I just don't see all the work around it.

moonfly7
2020-07-25, 08:27 AM
That's a nice way of thinking, though I don't think it would be a viable way of having a "pet" cause it's not like a class feature or a signature spell like Find Familiar or Find Steed, cause you would need to keep on recasting it constantly, it's like considering tiny servant. Not that it is bad, I just don't see all the work around it.
I mean, 3 subclasses get features that improve it and make it basically like summoning a pet. It's a big part of a Necromancer wizards game, death cleric has some stuff with it, and I think oathbreaker does as well.

AttilatheYeon
2020-07-25, 10:27 AM

Undead lives matt... nevermind 😉

Farias123
2020-07-25, 07:57 PM
I mean, 3 subclasses get features that improve it and make it basically like summoning a pet. It's a big part of a Necromancer wizards game, death cleric has some stuff with it, and I think oathbreaker does as well.

Hmm ok, I might have missed that part haha, I'm going to take a look at the 3 subclasses and update the chart

Farias123
2020-07-25, 09:05 PM

Just updated the chart, with the Necromancer Wizard and the Oathbreaker Paladin, also, I just looked at the Death Cleric and there was nothing useful about undead other than having the spell itself, but just having the spell doesn't scale. If I forgot any class let me know in the comments. Also, if you don't understand any info that I put in there, make me a question and I'll answer the best way that I can. : )

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QzgJnk00X_rk1-K8-tFViiKYHIu48zDOvujRMj8WqLw/edit?usp=drivesdk

Farias123
2020-08-28, 08:35 AM
It's been a while guys, but I just updated the chart again, just added the UA Wildfire Druid.