PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Peer review on spell idea needed

Elvensilver
2020-07-24, 04:25 PM
Hello Playground,

one of my players had an idea for a new spell for her character and I said I'd only allow it after a professional peer review by the playground, since I'm not so sure how strong it is...
So, feedback welcome!

Steal Sleep

School: Necromancy, Level: Wiz/Sorc/Arc/Witch/Mag Lvl. 2, Casting time: one standard action, Components: V, S; Range: touch, Target: creature touched and you or two creatures touched, Duration: permanent; Saving throw: Fortitude (see text), SR: yes

With but a touch, you steal sleep and transfer it to yourself or an ally.
You may steal up to one hour + half an hour per level, up to 11 hours at level 20. You may always opt to take less. You can only target creatures that can sleep.

The target creature is affected as if their last rest was reduced by the amount of sleep stolen, up to the point were it is like they have not slept since their second last rest. If the amount of hours without sleep extends double their constitution score, they become fatigued, or exhausted if already fatigued. If they are a prepared spellcaster who has to rest to prepare their spells and has not yet prepared them, they must rest again. Already prepared spells or hit points gained by resting are not lost again. Even if the target saves, they still become fatigued for one round.

You transfer the stolen hours of sleep to you or an ally who also must be able to sleep. This has the following effects: the receiver is counted as if they just slept for the stolen amount. If that is enough to count as a full night's rest, they regain hit points and recover from ability damage and fatigue as appropriate for their level. A prepared spellcaster that has to rest to prepare spells can prepare spells after getting 8 hours (or the amount of time they normaly have to rest) of stolen sleep, but spells cast in the last real eight hours still count against their daily limit. A barbarian renewes their round of rage, a monk refreshes their Ki pool, etc. Receiving any amount of stolen sleep also surpresses the fatigued condition for one hour or until strenous activity is undertaken. A creature can only receive sleep by this spell once per day.