PDA

View Full Version : Classes with Grace as a class feature?

PoeticallyPsyco
2020-07-25, 05:35 PM
So I recently made an amusing discovery. Daring Outlaw is often regarded as the saving grace (rimshot) of the Swashbuckler class, and it has the Grace class feature (+2) as a requirement, meaning you can't trade Grace away for any ACFs. But, the Duelist prestige class also gives you Grace +2 at level 4, letting you get around that!

However, Duelist is, to put it kindly, not fantastic. Are there any other classes (prestige or base) that give you Grace as a class feature?

ShurikVch
2020-07-25, 05:54 PM
Jordain Vizier (Shining South) - at the capstone (5th level)

Luccan
2020-07-25, 06:09 PM
The benefit of Daring Outlaw is generally seen as a way to get SA on a nearly full BAB character, no? I'm not sure there's a "better" trade-off. Besides which, by a strict RAW reading it doesn't matter if you can get Grace from another class, the feat says your swashbuckler and rogue levels stack.

Zaq
2020-07-25, 06:45 PM
The benefit of Daring Outlaw is generally seen as a way to get SA on a nearly full BAB character, no? I'm not sure there's a "better" trade-off. Besides which, by a strict RAW reading it doesn't matter if you can get Grace from another class, the feat says your swashbuckler and rogue levels stack.

The idea being that you dip into duelist (or whatever) for long enough to get grace and then you can still stack rogue and swash, but now you can take the arcane stunt ACF on swash and still get Daring Outlaw.

PoeticallyPsyco
2020-07-25, 07:58 PM
Jordain Vizier (Shining South) - at the capstone (5th level)

Huh, that's a weird class. Cool, though. You'd have to have at least 14 Cha to have "Grace +2" 12 Cha to have "Grace +1", but I think I'd allow that to qualify, as a DM.

I also like the idea of a battle-butler type character that a Swashbuckler/ Jordian Vizier suggests, equally good at serving as an aide or dealing with the riff-raff for their master.

The idea being that you dip into duelist (or whatever) for long enough to get grace and then you can still stack rogue and swash, but now you can take the arcane stunt ACF on swash and still get Daring Outlaw.

Yeah, pretty much. It also works with the Age of Warriors' Swashbuckler remake, which doesn't get Grace but does get access to Shadow Hand, meaning you don't even need to dip Swordsage or Rogue for the 2d6 Sneak Attack (thank you Assassin's Stance).

Luccan
2020-07-25, 09:48 PM

Ah, that makes sense