PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Dex granting items

keeper2161
2020-07-25, 09:06 PM
I am looking for a Dexterity granting item that doesn't take the gloves slot. I pretty much have access to all the books and magazines. Also how rare are manuals of quickness of action? Are they actually viable to build around or just lucky items to get? I am building a character that unfortunately has a -2 to dex and need to overcome it and add a +2 on top of it lol.

reddir
2020-07-25, 10:02 PM
AFB right now, but there are rules for ‘non-standard slot’ items. In one of the DMGs and probably in the Magic Item Compendium.

the_tick_rules
2020-07-25, 10:05 PM
according to magic item compendium you can add dexterity enchantments to anything in arms, feet, or hands slots. there are also those books that can give you +1 to +5.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-07-25, 10:30 PM
You can add an enhancement bonus to Dexterity to your existing hands-slot item for the same price as a standalone item of the same bonus, MIC p234. That bonus can be put on items of a few other slots instead, if you want.

Psyren
2020-07-26, 02:15 PM
As others have said, show your GM the MiC rule, and apply the dex bonus to whatever other gloves you actually wanted to wear with no cost penalty. This has the added benefit of also freeing up the other slot you would have occupied with a dex item instead.

KillianHawkeye
2020-07-26, 06:42 PM
You can add an enhancement bonus to Dexterity to your existing hands-slot item for the same price as a standalone item of the same bonus, MIC p234. That bonus can be put on items of a few other slots instead, if you want.

I used to play a wizard with Craft Wondrous Item (got to the mid-teen levels) and this rule was my friggin bread and butter! :smallamused: