PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Mastermind Rogue build

Khrysaes
2020-07-26, 07:07 AM
Hey guys I could use some help.

So, in my campaign I am playing a rogue, and my DM allows UA.

At first, I wanted to play a psion, so I thought, Mage hand from Arcane Trickster. Expanded range from the Psionic UA Telekinetic feat. Thus I have a 1 Psionic Soul Sorcerer, 3 rogue, and I have found some interesting uses with mage hand.

However, I also found the UA Feat Tandem Tactitian, which is

"When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, increase the range of the Help action by 10 feet. Additionally, you can help two allies targeting the same creature within range when you use the Help action this way"

and combined with a Mastermind's Master Tactitian:
Starting at 3rd level, you can use the Help action as a bonus action. Additionally, when you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if the target can see or hear you.

Means that I can use help at 40 feet, as a bonus action, and help 2 people targeting the same creature.

So I am torn between using my mage hand for fun, or helping people. I like being a support and utility style character since I have a powergaming problem, and I try to curb it, but have a lot of challenge doing so. With this knowledge, I could use some help deciding what to do.

sayaijin
2020-07-26, 08:35 AM
Hey guys I could use some help.

So, in my campaign I am playing a rogue, and my DM allows UA.

At first, I wanted to play a psion, so I thought, Mage hand from Arcane Trickster. Expanded range from the Psionic UA Telekinetic feat. Thus I have a 1 Psionic Soul Sorcerer, 3 rogue, and I have found some interesting uses with mage hand.

However, I also found the UA Feat Tandem Tactitian, which is

"When you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, increase the range of the Help action by 10 feet. Additionally, you can help two allies targeting the same creature within range when you use the Help action this way"

and combined with a Mastermind's Master Tactitian:
Starting at 3rd level, you can use the Help action as a bonus action. Additionally, when you use the Help action to aid an ally in attacking a creature, the target of that attack can be within 30 feet of you, rather than within 5 feet of you, if the target can see or hear you.

Means that I can use help at 40 feet, as a bonus action, and help 2 people targeting the same creature.

So I am torn between using my mage hand for fun, or helping people. I like being a support and utility style character since I have a powergaming problem, and I try to curb it, but have a lot of challenge doing so. With this knowledge, I could use some help deciding what to do.

That class feature plus that feat does mean 40ft bonus action help on two allies! That is quite a powerful support ability. I think another question to ask is whether or not there will be much RP/interaction in the campaign. The Mastermind has a lot of features that are great for that sort of campaign. If there's not going to be much interaction, then I would recommend AT.