PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Fighter subclass question

MThurston
2020-07-26, 06:50 PM
I am playing a rogue Scout in a game. I have multi classed into Fighter and I am not sure what subclass to take.

I can take Arcane archer because I am using crossbow expert with a hand crossbow.

The two thatbI am looking at is Champion and Battle Master. The 7th level ability for BM is turning me to champion for the crit numbers.

djreynolds
2020-07-26, 06:53 PM
Samurai. Is nice.

And at 7th you'll get wisdom saves instead 15th level rogue

Man_Over_Game
2020-07-26, 07:11 PM
The big thing about the Scout is that you're getting that 15 movement as a Reaction instead of a Bonus Action. So the best thing to do is be something where you'll need to leverage that BA to make it worthwhile. Although you can do that with just Crossbow Expert.

So if your BA is already occupied, I'd probably go with Arcane Archer or Battlemaster, since the level 5 Rogue Uncanny Dodge would be too valuable on a melee character to ever use the Scout's primary feature.

Although if you're a Scout and already have Crossbow Expert, I'd just stick with more Rogue levels.

x3n0n
2020-07-26, 07:17 PM
Samurai and Battle Master both give you definite ways to get advantage, with more chances for the Battle Master.

Battle Matter gives you a lot more tools for battlefield control and to get advantage for others: another Rogue would be happy to see Trip, Distract, or Commander.

However, as mentioned above, Samurai's 7 is really good.

MThurston
2020-07-26, 09:38 PM
Arcane Archer is whatbI wanted but its for bows and arrows. My DM will not budge on it.

Man_Over_Game
2020-07-27, 10:01 AM
Arcane Archer is whatbI wanted but its for bows and arrows. My DM will not budge on it.

Wouldn't be able to curve the shots and make the crossbow shots too. Both cost a BA.

CTurbo
2020-07-27, 10:30 AM
Although Ranger probably would have been a better dip, Fighter is still good. I'd probably go Battle Master for the maneuvers. I'd probably stop at Fighter 5 though unless you really need Fighter 6 for ASI/feat so the 7th level features wouldn't matter.