PDA

View Full Version : [Maneuver] Help me clean up this Maneuver

The J Pizzel
2007-10-30, 03:53 PM
Hey guys. My player who's running a warblade came up with a rough idea for a maneuver that did something like this. I made up the mechanics but I know nothing of homebrewing. Could you guys take a look and let me know what I need changing. Here's the what I need.

What disciplines and level. I'd definitely like it to be open for warblades so I'm thinking Stone Mountain.

Is the damage and Fort save ok.

Flying Mountain Strike
Full Round

As you run toward your foe you attack with such ferocity that you are hurled 25ft in the air. As you ride the wind you let it turn you so you are once again facing you enemy. You fall with such force that you deliver a second hit with the power of the mountain itself.

As a full round action you may move up to your base speed and attack dealing an extra 2d6 damage. If this attack hits, you are thrown 25 ft in the air. When you come back you may make an additional attack with a +2 attack bonus and +4d6 to damage. If you do not score the second attack you land prone behind the enemy. If you score the second attack you the player must make a Fortitude save (DC 15) or be prone.

Mr. Moogle
2007-10-30, 05:31 PM
That is a very flashy manuver (but then again, what is ToB all about?) and it would definatly be stone dragon.

Kai-Palin
2007-10-30, 05:51 PM
Honestly, I'm thinking this is more in line with Tiger Claw maneuvers. You'd have to change the flavor text a bit, but Tiger Claw is all about overhead attacks and jumping attacks.

The Fort save is okay, the damage is fine, it should be a 3rd level Strike maneuver.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-10-30, 06:47 PM
I agree with Kai-Palin. This is very much a Tiger Claw Maneuver.

This could be so awesome though. You can use it to bounce up to hit a flying enemy! or at least, if one of my characters tried, i would let him.

smart thog
2007-10-30, 07:54 PM
That is a very flashy manuver (but then again, what is ToB all about?) and it would definatly be stone dragon.

What are you talking about? Stone Dragon only works when your on the ground. This screams Tiger claw. I would call it "Falling comet strike". Other then that good.

The J Pizzel
2007-10-31, 08:09 AM
What are you talking about? Stone Dragon only works when your on the ground. This screams Tiger claw. I would call it "Falling comet strike". Other then that good.

CRAP!! He speaks the truth. Is Tiger Claw in the Warblade list. I don't have my book so I can't check. Also, what about White Raven? That would be kinda cool huh?

CthulhuM
2007-10-31, 08:18 AM
Tiger claw is indeed on the warblade list.

Also, your fort save should use a standard formula (10 + maneuver level + strength modifier, I'd say).

I'd either make it 4th level or 3rd level and add a jump check vrs. opponent's AC to get the 2nd hit. As is it's a little strong for a 3rd level maneuver.

Valairn
2007-10-31, 08:20 AM
Warblade has access to Tiger Claw, Diamond Mind, Stone Dragon, Iron Heart and White Raven disciplines I believe.

Riffington
2007-10-31, 08:27 AM
I'd change the Fort Save.
First of all, it should really be the initiator, not the player.
Second, it should perhaps a jump or balance check to avoid prone-ness, not a Fort Save. (Jump if it's Tiger Claw, Balance if it's Stone Mountain).

Either way, it's balanced as a 4th level maneuver.

Kai-Palin
2007-10-31, 05:26 PM
Yep, the initiator should make a Jump check instead of a Fort save.

Also, there is a 3rd level Tiger fang maneuver that deals +6d6 damage, so this seems fairly in line with a 3rd level maneuver.

Stycotl
2007-11-01, 08:10 PM
what about making it a fourth level maneuver and then allowing the second attack to strike anyone who you threaten along the route of the jump, which could include the original target if you go all the way up and then all the way down before making the second attack. this way, gwyn ap nud's idea could be incorporated.