View Full Version : Miser with Magic + Tainted Socrcer

Yogibear41
2020-07-30, 03:47 PM
I have the Miser with Magic Feat, and the Tainted Sorcerer Prestige class. Tainted Sorcerer uses different numbers to determine save dcs vs bonus spells per day (DC 10+spell level + taint score, vs 10+taint score, for bonus spells), would I use just my Taint Score for purposes of the Miser with magic feat? Or would I modify it in some way?

redking
2020-07-31, 04:19 AM
I had to look up this feat. Anyway, it's keyed off your spellcasting ability score, not taint score. So use your ability modifier, not taint or corruption.

Quertus
2020-07-31, 05:52 AM
I have the Miser with Magic Feat, and the Tainted Sorcerer Prestige class. Tainted Sorcerer uses different numbers to determine save dcs vs bonus spells per day (DC 10+spell level + taint score, vs 10+taint score, for bonus spells), would I use just my Taint Score for purposes of the Miser with magic feat? Or would I modify it in some way?

Well… if you reverse engineer it for equivalent scores, you'd get… Taint+10, or (2*Taint)+10?

Maybe just use Taint, as it is your "casting stat", regardless of what math the class substitutes for how to calculate the effects of your casting stat.

Fouredged Sword
2020-07-31, 06:19 AM
Two things stand out to me. First the tainted sorcerer doesn't have casting on it's own. It uses the casting of another class. It just modifies that casting and progresses it.

The verbiage in tainted sorcerer is "Rather than using a key ability score for spellcasting, a tainted sorcerer uses her taint score." Nowhere does it say that the key abiiity score is your taint score or that you no longer have a key ability score. It just say that the key ability score is overwritten for specific things.

You still have the key ability score of your original casting class. You just no longer use it to determine any of the things tainted spellcasting explicitly calls out as being determined by taint. Since the feat Miser of Magic is not mentioned at all it continues to use the original key attribute associated with the spellcasting.