PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Lobstrosities from The Drawing of the Three

Darth Credence
2020-07-31, 01:41 PM
Any Stephen King fans out there that would like to help me out with lobstrosities? I'm planning on introducing them in a few sessions, and want to see if there are any obvious flaws before doing so. Challenge rating is particularly important - I have no idea if I'm anywhere close, and it could mean the difference between killing everyone or not. Here are links to where I have them on DNDBeyond (https://www.dndbeyond.com/monsters/1018318-lobstrosity), and a full write-up on WorldAnvil (https://www.worldanvil.com/w/the-terrene-darthcredence/a/lobstrosities-species?preview=true), but everything important is here.

Lobstrosity
Small monstrosity, unaligned

Armor Class 13 Natural Armor
Hit Points 31 (7d6 + 6)
Speed 30 ft., swim 40 ft.

STR
6 (-2)
DEX
12 (+1)
CON
12 (+1)
INT
5 (-3)
WIS
13 (+1)
CHA
3 (-4)

Damage Resistances Psychic
Damage Immunities Poison
Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15
Languages -- While they make noises that sound like nonsense questions in the common tongue, there is no indication that they understand any language
Challenge 1 (200 XP)

Actions
Pinch. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 5 (1d6+ 2) slashing damage. Aims for extremities - on critical hits, there is a 50% chance of losing a finger or toe in place of the double damage.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 3 (1d4+ 1) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw against being magically diseased. On a failed save, the creature contracts Didachuk Fever. Over the course of four hours, the victim will gradually become sicker and weaker as the disease spreads. After four hours, the victim is weak enough that they cannot perform any actions. High fever and deep bone pain set in, and remain for 24-48 hours. After 24 hours, the victim makes a DC 15 Constitution savings throw. Failure means death from the disease. If the victim passes all savings throws for the remainder of the 48 hours, the fever will break and they will recover over the course of several days, with a permanent -1 to Strength. Cure disease cast before the end of the first 24 hours of fever will eliminate the disease with no penalty; after the initial 24, the -1 strength penalty is applied, although it will recover after 1 month.

Description
Lobstrosities are four feet long, with a one foot tail section that curves up from the ground similar to a scorpion. They have eight spindly legs attached to a segmented, armored abdomen, and two pointed, sharp claws. They have eyes on stalks, and two rows of teeth inside a hard, beak like mouth.

Lobstrosities live in the water along the coast, and have gills near the juncture of carapace and leg. They can seal their gills off, allowing them to hunt out of the water for hours at a time. They tend to come out near twilight, and generally in packs of 5-20.