PDA

View Full Version : V's mate

Shresh
2007-10-30, 06:03 PM
I don't want this to become another board discussing V's gender, but it seems to me that whatever V's gender, it's going to affect V's mate. So, what do you all think of V's mate? is V straight? Bi? None? what is V's 'mate'?

Migodnar
2007-10-30, 06:07 PM
Probably like V, no way to know the gender.

Shresh
2007-10-30, 06:12 PM
True, but then what happens from there? two gender indistinct beings? and is it another elf or something else? what do you think its class would be?

vivi
2007-10-30, 06:15 PM
Elf most likely.

Migodnar
2007-10-30, 06:17 PM
Almost certain it's an elf. About the class, uuuh I don't know a thing about D&D so I only know a few classes (the ones that made appearences in OoTS)

Icewalker
2007-10-30, 06:18 PM
Yeah, it'll be another androgynous elf.

Yeril
2007-10-30, 06:23 PM
I bet he/she will look JUST like V, but with Colours reversed.

... wait! Zz'Dtri!

Kurald Galain
2007-10-30, 06:29 PM
Yeah, it'll be another androgynous elf.

Except during puberty (which can last several decades for an elf...)

Classes are obviously not inherited, otherwise Elan would be a warlord and Roycanicus would be a wizard.

Regneva
2007-10-30, 06:44 PM
You almost make it sound like this haven't been discussed before...

†Seer†
2007-10-30, 06:53 PM
Probably like V, no way to know the gender.

Then again, knowing Rich, it may be the Paragon of the male/female gender (whichever it is). Even if we knew the mates gender, doesn't mean anything about V's. We know they don't have kids *grins*

Paladin29
2007-10-30, 07:00 PM
I donīt know, but elfs arenīt androgynus (yes, i know that male elfs give us many doubts, but they are still males). I would like that V was a female and her mate a male :) (a neutral good fighter or ranger).

Decoy Lockbox
2007-10-30, 07:22 PM
I know that much humor has been made of V's ambiguous gender, but I think the name Vaarsuvius points towards male. I mean, normally when you have an ambiguously gendered character for humor purposes its named Pat or something. I just can't see a female elf being named Vaarsuvius.

Kurald Galain
2007-10-30, 07:26 PM
I donīt know, but elfs arenīt androgynus

....O RLY? (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=645)

Studoku
2007-10-30, 07:26 PM
I know that much humor has been made of V's ambiguous gender, but I think the name Vaarsuvius points towards male. I mean, normally when you have an ambiguously gendered character for humor purposes its named Pat or something. I just can't see a female elf being named Vaarsuvius.

I cant see an elf being named Pat or Something. Something isn't even a name.

Purple Cloak
2007-10-30, 07:39 PM
meh, their both elves, everyone knows all elves are androganous ( i think thats the spelling)
untill definded otherwise

The Extinguisher
2007-10-30, 08:05 PM
Is it an elf?

Didn't you notice something similar between V and a certain low level wizard.

dragongirl13
2007-10-30, 08:06 PM
V's mate is another elf wizard with a really long name, no discernible gender and apparent social disabilities-just like V. Kind of like a play on Pat from Saturday Night Live. Pat's significant other, Chris, was just as androgynous as Pat.

Baidas Kebante
2007-10-30, 08:35 PM
Personally, I think it would be funnier if V's mate's gender was very, very obvious. Also, if it turned out that in Rich's world, V is the only androgynous elf in existence and that even the other elves can't tell V's gender.

But that's just me.

MCerberus
2007-10-30, 08:55 PM
One of my DnD characters is a muscular fighter elf male with battle scars and obviously looks like a manly man...

but he has the name of a female character from Stargate.

I think it would be funny to see the reaction of V's spouse when the party asks him/her if V has a titan.

WrstDmEvr
2007-10-30, 09:10 PM
Except during puberty (which can last several decades for an elf...)

Classes are obviously not inherited, otherwise Elan would be a warlord and Roycanicus would be a wizard.

No, Roy would be a fighter as his grandfather is his fighter and therefore his father would be a fighter.

Oh, and in comic 385, it states that if V's mate was in the arms of another elf then he/she would do anything to stop the intruding elf. So i would say probably another elf