PDA

View Full Version : Gnoll rampage exploit-ish?, Sonic the gnolllll

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-01, 06:29 PM
“Rampage: When the gnoll reduces a creature to 0 Hit Points with a melee Attack on its turn, the gnoll can take a Bonus Action to move up to half its speed and make a bite Attack“, so theoretically, a gnoll with say, a cage full of birds or suchlike could just, keep making bite attacks and then moving until they run out of small creatures to eat?

CheddarChampion
2020-08-01, 06:36 PM
the gnoll can take a Bonus Action

A character only gets one bonus action per turn.

HappyDaze
2020-08-01, 06:55 PM
And to add to that...

Oh, what's that? The thread is over already? OK then.

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-02, 05:26 PM

Ah oh well. I should really read these damn things properly. Thank you.

No brains
2020-08-02, 08:11 PM
“Rampage: When the gnoll reduces a creature to 0 Hit Points with a melee Attack on its turn, the gnoll can take a Bonus Action to move up to half its speed and make a bite Attack“, so theoretically, a gnoll with say, a cage full of birds or suchlike could just, keep making bite attacks and then moving until they run out of small creatures to eat?

I guess it could still work over distances. A bonus action dash is still a nice thing to have, even once a turn.

I guess a gnoll could run a marathon by running with a bucket of frogs and snapping at one of them every turn. Just have a haversack brimming with frogs being worn like a feedbag as the gnoll dashes down roads.

I certainly appreciate the silliness of the idea even if it has logistical issues.

Rakaydos
2020-08-02, 08:13 PM
The gnoll goes through a lot of calories running that fast. Better to bring trail snacks.

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-02, 09:25 PM
I guess it could still work over distances. A bonus action dash is still a nice thing to have, even once a turn.

I guess a gnoll could run a marathon by running with a bucket of frogs and snapping at one of them every turn. Just have a haversack brimming with frogs being worn like a feedbag as the gnoll dashes down roads.

I certainly appreciate the silliness of the idea even if it has logistical issues.

i was imagining a bird cage but a sack of frogs is fairly humourous.
I did a drawing but no clue how to add that too this.

MaxWilson
2020-08-02, 09:29 PM

That's slower than simply Dashing, unless the birds have Readied actions or something to move away from you on your turn so you can spend your reaction on your turn to qualify for the bonus action, while still Dashing.

No brains
2020-08-02, 09:48 PM
That's slower than simply Dashing, unless the birds have Readied actions or something to move away from you on your turn so you can spend your reaction on your turn to qualify for the bonus action, while still Dashing.

The spirit of the act is that this is what a Gnoll would think is a good idea.:smallbiggrin:

LibraryOgre
2020-08-03, 08:14 AM

I was thinking... a rogue can do the same thing, starting at 2nd level, without having to snack his way across the countryside.

Yakk
2020-08-03, 09:07 AM
A bunch of frog-pouches. Open it as a free object interaction on your turn. The frog jumps out. You bite as a reaction. Action dash, bonus acrion dash.

The human rogue shows up to the gnoll-lympics and demonstrates frog-free sprinting. Everyone is astonished.

Willie the Duck
2020-08-03, 10:59 AM
The spirit of the act is that this is what a Gnoll would think is a good idea.:smallbiggrin:

This would make a good villain for a Muppet-themed kids game -- "Kermit has to convince the Gnoll that snacking his way through a sack of frogs to win a marathon is not just mean, but self-defeating."

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-03, 05:42 PM
I was thinking... a rogue can do the same thing, starting at 2nd level, without having to snack his way across the countryside.

Well I mean this way is more funny.