PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Additional Racial Paragon Classes

Jervis
2020-08-02, 03:25 AM
I'm personally a huge fan of the Racial paragon classes. Some of them are meh, but others like Elf paragon can make interesting builds while human paragon can really slot into just about anything as sweet sweet gravy. So i made some more. As always assume that only that race and any subrace they have can take levels as a paragon.

Illumian Paragon

Illumians are natural learners and explorers by nature. They tend to swap between multiple classes as they train, lending them to odd and contrary abilities. Some take the time to focus their training to make themselves better suited to these strage roles.

Aliment: Any
Hit Die: D8
Skill Points: 6+ Int
Class Skills: Any skills the Illumian Paragon had as class skills from previous classes are class skills for this class.
BaB: Average
Saves: Poor fort, Poor ref, Good will

Proficiency: All simple weapons, and light armor. In addition you are proficient with one martial weapon of your choice.

Level 1: Linguist +1 level of existing class
Level 2: Illumian Script Mastery
Level 3: Ability Boost (+2) +1 level of existing class

Linguist: The illumian paragon gains the ability to better learn the languages of any group. You learn 1 language of your choice, this can be a dead or secret language such as druidic. Additionally whenever you put one point into the speak language skill, you may learn dead or secret languages such as druidic.

Class Features: At 1st and 3rd level the Illumian gains class features (including spellcasting) and a increase in effective level as if you had gained a level in any one class he had belonged too before adding this prestige class. Note: this does indeed function as the uncanny trickster ability

Illumian Script Mastery: At 2nd level the Illumian paragon grows more in tune with their heritage. You may choose to either gain any racial feat you qualify for, you gain an additional sigil, this does not count towards the number of sigils you already have. For example, if you already have the Naen and Hoon sigils before gaining the 2nd level in this class, you can also gain another sigil such as the Krau sigil. This also allows you to gain the appropriate Illumian words abilities. Meaning the example above would grant you the Neankrau and Hoonkrau illumian words in addition to the Naenhoon illumian word you already possessed.

Ability Boost: At 3rd level you increase one of your ability scores of your choice by 2.

I love illumians. Is this overtuned? Yes. Does this fit what illumians are perfectly? Yes, Yes, one thousand times yes. I based it off the human paragon.

Kobold Paragon

Kobolds are often ridiculed for their admiration of dragons. They're often seen as one of the lesser monstrous races and treated as such. But all Kobolds know how dangerous and powerful they can be when given any form of help.

Alignment: any
Hit Die: D4
Skill Points: 4+int
Class Skills: Same as rogue list plus Spellcraft and Arcana. (I dont want to wright that)
BaB: Poor
Saves: Poor fort, Good ref, Poor will

Proficiency: Kobold paragons gain no proficiencies in weapons or armor.

Level 1: Dragonwroght Blessings, Trapfinding
Level 2: Warwyrm Blessings
Level 3: Loredrakes Blessings, Ability Boost (Cha +2) +4 levels of sorcerer

Dragonwroght Blessings: At 1st level, you gain the dragonwroght feat, even if you don't qualify. If you already have the dragonwroght feat, you instead gain one racial feat for which you qualify.

Trapfinding: At 1st level, you gain trapfinding as the rogue ability.

Warwyrms Blessings: At 2nd level, you gain the ability to fight with the ferocity of a dragon. For a number of rounds per day equal to your character level, you may treat your BaB as being equal to your hit die.

Loredrakes Blessings: At 3rd level, you gain the ability to cast spells with the power of a dragon. You gain new spells per day and spells known as if you had gained 4 levels in sorcerer.

Ability Boost Charisma: At 3rd level, your Charisma increases by 2.

Is this a meme? Yes, of course it's a meme. You literally get all of the Kobold cheese crammed into a PrC. But if you don't get loredrake into a build then this isn't actually that overpowered in relation to normal Kobold cheese. Also the 2nd level is just for gishes and to reference that template.

Warforged Paragon

Warforged were born to battle. Many cannot leave such a life behind and spend the rest of their life honing a craft to fight a battle that ended long ago.

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: D12
Skill Points: 0 + Int
Class Skills: As Fighter
BaB: Good
Saves: Good fort, Good ref, Poor will

Proficiency: Warforged Paragons have proficient with all simple and martial weapons and will all armor and shields. Additionally you gain proficiency in 4 Exotic weapons of your choice.

Level 1: Thick Plating
Level 2: Bonus Feat
Level 3: Battle Charge, Ability Boost (Str + 2)

Thick Plating: At level 1, you gain the ability too add half your armor and shield bonuses, rounded up, to your touch AC.

Bonus Feat: At level 2 you may select any feat from the list available to fighters that you qualify for, you gain that feat as a bonus feat. You may treat your BaB as your effective fighter level for qualifying for this feat.

Battle Charge: At level 3, you gain the ability to end a full or partial charge with a full attack. Note: yes this is pounce

Ability Boost: At level 3 your Strength increases by 2.

This might be the strongest of the lot. Yeah i should probably cut either pounce or the bonus feat.

So that was my sleep deprived take on some racial paragons, id like to hear what everyone things beyond just that they're over powered. I like to start overtuned on homebrew and then work my way back from there.

ThanatosZero
2020-08-05, 08:55 AM
Over a 2000 views and no one to reply for to give feedback.
Time to change that.

Illumian Paragon:
Everything feels on spot, however one question though. Are Illumian excluded of taking levels in the normal human paragon class in the same manner as Drow with the Elf Paragon class?

Kobold Paragon:
A very strong class, which may cause conflict with DMs, especially because the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage exists.
Using the standart sorcadin build with this paragon class, will give the PC 16 BAB and 20/20 Sorcerer spellcasting, with occasional full BAB.
Sorcerer 1/Kobold Paragon 3/Paladin 2 (GDRoP)/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 8

Warforged Paragon:
A bit underwhelming, but adding your armor to your touch AC may help in a pinch.
Add at level 2, +1 level of existing class, so the PC can still progress in some capacity.

Jervis
2020-08-06, 01:05 AM
Thanks for replying. Yeah it essentially would if you wanted to use it, though i would let a player pick which one they wanted to use for their character. I don't like homebrewing out an option that works by RAW unless its something that breaks a setting. My mission statement for Illumian paragon was to make a class that fits into the Illumian race the same way that HP does with humans. Having the dead progression at 2 instead of 3 is something i wasn't sure about. The way HP works means that it has one break point at level 3 and no one will take less than that if they take levels. I wanted to make a option for people where they can take one level and leave without an issue to get a free language or take all three to get a +2 and the extra Sigil.