PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spells for a Dream Domain?

Palanan
2020-08-02, 02:36 PM
Just going through the spells on Archives of Nethys, I’ve roughed out some possibilities for a Dream domain. But I’ve had to move some of them up or down a level (or two), and I’d like to know if any of these are too far out of place:

1 - Dream Feast
2 - Dream Shield
3 - Traveling Dream
4 - Dream Scan
5 - Dream
6 - Cloak of Dreams
7 - Dream Council
8 - Dream Travel
9 - Dream Voyage

Any other suggestions are also welcome, from all official Paizo content.

I could also use suggestions for a domain power, since I'm not sure what to use that wouldn't be replicated by a spell.

Miss Disaster
2020-08-03, 06:26 PM
Just going through the spells on Archives of Nethys, I’ve roughed out some possibilities for a Dream domain. But I’ve had to move some of them up or down a level (or two), and I’d like to know if any of these are too far out of place:

1 - Dream Feast
2 - Dream Shield
3 - Traveling Dream
4 - Dream Scan
5 - Dream
6 - Cloak of Dreams
7 - Dream Council
8 - Dream Travel
9 - Dream Voyage

Any other suggestions are also welcome, from all official Paizo content.

I could also use suggestions for a domain power, since I'm not sure what to use that wouldn't be replicated by a spell.

I use dream-themed game mechanics A LOT. I mean, I use them A LOT, A LOT, Including quite a few ported back from 3.5 material (oneiromancy spells in particular). 3PP sources delved pretty heavy into dream-themed material as well - a lot of it better quality 3PP - especially in psionics which is easy to convert to spells.

If you are sticking just to Pathfinder, I linked you to 2 searches at d20PFSRD. One for nightmare-themed spells. The other for sleep-related spells. Natural correlative topics to dreams.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=006680642033474972217%3A6zo0hx_wle8&q=nightmare#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=nightmare&gsc.sort=&gsc.ref=more%3Aspells

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=006680642033474972217%3A6zo0hx_wle8&q=nightmare#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=sleep&gsc.sort=&gsc.ref=more%3Aspells

On both searches, look at the tab bar at the top for "3rd Party Spells" as well. There could be even more nightmare, sleep & dream spells located there ....

Palanan
2020-08-03, 07:38 PM
Okay, thanks for the search suggestions.

What other dream mechanics do you use? Is there a particular 3.5 source that focuses on dreams?

Dimers
2020-08-03, 10:24 PM

Immunity to sleep effects and negative effects involving dreams, reduced daily sleep needs, counting as always alert while sleeping? The 3.X Dream domain gives immunity to fear, which seems weird.

Val666
2020-08-06, 12:15 PM
There's a bunch of spells fitting for a Dream Domain, which people above have suggested. I would like to suggest a domain power though. Idk at lvl 1 but it would be cool if you get the feat Dreamed Secrets at lvl 7. You can modify the god requirement if you want to. I think it's a really cool feat for both power and rp.