PDA

View Full Version : The Luckiest Bugger of Them All

goken04
2007-10-30, 06:40 PM
I'm trying to imagineer a very lucky PC. I challenge you, the great people of the boards, to come up with the luckiest PC imaginable, using w/e class/race/feats you see fit.

I think this would be best if accomplished largely through mundane means (if you're casting spells/using all items to make yourself lucky, it's not so much dumb luck as controlling the odds), but if you come up with an extremely awesome lucky build as a spellcaster, feel free to post it.

Right now, I'm thinking the best bet would be some sort of halfling rogue or bard, going into the Fortune's Friend PrC, though I'm not at all sold on this (PrC seems kind weak). So, optimize away!

Fax Celestis
2007-10-30, 06:50 PM
Hexblade/Luckthief, if you don't mind homebrew.

Laurellien
2007-10-30, 06:52 PM
4 letters, DMPC.

Enzario
2007-10-30, 07:09 PM
CW Samurai 20

If you've survived 20 levels in this class, you are the luckiest ba***** in the universe.

Jimp
2007-10-30, 07:57 PM
CW Samurai 20

If you've survived 20 levels in this class, you are the luckiest ba***** in the universe.

Well played.

Similar jokes include: Monk 20, Fighter 20

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-10-30, 08:00 PM
Dude, Monks are BA man!

boomwolf
2007-10-30, 08:11 PM
Lucky get ten times a row a 100 on a d100 that gives you the following random magic item:

Ring of absolute luck.

Add +5 luck bonus to all your rolls.

To clear it out, on every roll you make it counts as you rolled 5 more. (this bonus can't let you suppress the max roll of the dice.) so a 15-20 is a sure hitting critical.

Temp
2007-10-30, 08:31 PM
Dude, Monks are BA man!
Y'know, Monks probably are more likely to get to level 20 than most... After all, they are pretty good survivalists... and they aren't really threats so they're not likely to be directly targetted by intelligent foes... And they probably have the longest careers, given the no-aging thing...

Anyway, Luckstealer, Fatespinner, Hexblade and Fortune's Friend are probably going to be the bases of your build, Maybe with a dip into Cleric (Luck Domain). Swashbuckler has some stuff too, but it takes too long to be practical. Maybe sneak Aura of Chaos in as well.

TimeWizard
2007-10-30, 08:34 PM
Taking all the luck feats isn't actually that bad if your class is on the more powerful side of the spectrum. Fatespinner and Fortune's Friend aren't all that bad, as long as you avoid a: total sucking and b: cheese.

Hario
2007-10-30, 10:36 PM
4 letters, DMPC.

Dude, you are totally wrong. DM's Girlfriend, nuff 'said.

BrotherMick
2007-10-31, 07:48 AM
I am currently playing a halfling warlock/luckstealer( i know you can't do that but the dm reworked a bit of it and said its fine. And it makes sense from a RP perspective) I took the luck invocation that adds to a save and the pre req feat for luckstealer that gives a bonus to a save when you really need it. The guy seems to be working out pretty.....lucky. The stolen luck that can be added to pretty much any roll helps that a lot.