PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF1E] A question regarding Second Darkness AP and downtime

Arkhios
2020-08-03, 12:11 AM
So, we've been wondering, my friend and myself, whether the AP is written so that there's enough downtime to pursue crafting both mundane and magical items?

Could someone please shed some light on this matter, preferably spoiler-free otherwise, so we might decide whether we should try to get any relevant feats or not.

Peelee
2020-08-03, 12:35 AM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Thread moved to appropriate subforum.

Arkhios
2020-08-03, 12:38 AM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Thread moved to appropriate subforum.

Ooops! I thought I had chosen the appropriate subforum already. Apparently morning coffee hadn't kicked in yet! :smallbiggrin:

Psyren
2020-08-03, 01:30 AM
Have you tried the Paizo boards? I guarantee there are folks there who've played every single AP. Even when my own GM uses an AP we typically don't know which one it was.

Arkhios
2020-08-03, 01:41 AM
Have you tried the Paizo boards? I guarantee there are folks there who've played every single AP. Even when my own GM uses an AP we typically don't know which one it was.

Hmm. I guess I could throw a net into that endless abyss as well. Though, I haven't used the Paizo board in ages, and I have a feeling I might not remember to go check if I caught any fishes. (Almost didn't remember my password!) :smallbiggrin:

But I'll try, nonetheless.

Seto
2020-08-03, 04:26 PM
I can't speak for all of Second Darkness, but Book One has built-in downtime. If I'm not mistaken, you spend weeks in the same place with somewhat steady work. But you might be too low-level for most crafting.
Book 2 doesn't, though. It's a survival mission with a ticking clock.
I haven't played/read the rest.

icefractal
2020-08-03, 05:46 PM
There's not a lot of downtime once things get moving, IIRC. I wouldn't advise being too tied to Riddleport either.