PDA

View Full Version : Familiars and Their Pet Caster's Con Damage

firebrandtoluc
2020-08-03, 12:36 AM
I finally found a question I can't seem to find an answer for. If the Wizard takes Con Damage, does the Familiar's max HP drop? Con Drain would do it for sure, I believe, but Damage is transitory. I had been assuming that the Familiar loses the HP but perhaps I am wrong?

Darg
2020-08-03, 01:56 AM
I finally found a question I can't seem to find an answer for. If the Wizard takes Con Damage, does the Familiar's max HP drop? Con Drain would do it for sure, I believe, but Damage is transitory. I had been assuming that the Familiar loses the HP but perhaps I am wrong?

If you read the entry on temporary hit points under "Increases in Constitution Score and Current Hit Points", it states that Con changes aren't temporary hit points. This means you are doing it right.

firebrandtoluc
2020-08-03, 03:48 PM
Awesome, thank you Darg

KillianHawkeye
2020-08-03, 09:19 PM
This also means a familiar can benefit double for Con buffs.

Can it, though? A familiar's hit point total is not normally based on their own Constitution score. I don't think casting a bear's endurance spell on your familiar would change it's hp at all.

Darg
2020-08-03, 10:50 PM
Nope, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for pointing it out.

KillianHawkeye
2020-08-04, 10:06 PM
Nope, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for pointing it out.

Just doing my duty!

Hehe.... duty....... :smallamused: