PDA

View Full Version : Chekhov's dino

Edhelras
2020-08-03, 12:31 PM
So I'm probably biased 'cause I'm immersed in playing ARK Survival on the console with my daughter right now. But - is there any chance that Belkar's Bloodfeast will NOT return at the dramatically appropriate moment and save the world?
For instance when V is whisked away at the worst possible time and all seems lost?

KorvinStarmast
2020-08-03, 12:33 PM
So I'm probably biased 'cause I'm immersed in playing ARK Survival on the console with my daughter right now. But - is there any chance that Belkar's Bloodfeast will NOT return at the dramatically appropriate moment and save the world?
For instance when V is whisked away at the worst possible time and all seems lost? We have all been hoping for that moment when Bloodfeast Extreminator returns in full size and in full dino rampaging glory. Whenever it is, I am sure it will be worthy of an album cover. :smallsmile:

understatement
2020-08-03, 12:42 PM
I would like to be that one downer who mentions that, just as V could banish the triceratops with a Prismatic Spray, so could Team Evil with Bloodfeast (using other Will save magic) quite easily.

TRH
2020-08-03, 01:42 PM
I would like to be that one downer who mentions that, just as V could banish the triceratops with a Prismatic Spray, so could Team Evil with Bloodfeast (using other Will save magic) quite easily.

On the other hand, will save magic isn't either Xykon or Redcloak's preference. They're more into fort saves, ranged attack rolls, and in Xykon's case, reflex.

Malloon
2020-08-08, 04:52 PM
Oh yes. We're all looking very forward to it. I just hope he isn't killed in order to further Belkar's character development. Speaking of Belkar, with him being close to kicking the bucket, who's going to take care of Bloodfeast and Mr. Scruffy?

Darn, I just made myself sad.

woweedd
2020-08-08, 05:46 PM
Oh yes. We're all looking very forward to it. I just hope he isn't killed in order to further Belkar's character development. Speaking of Belkar, with him being close to kicking the bucket, who's going to take care of Bloodfeast and Mr. Scruffy?

Darn, I just made myself sad.
I doubt it. Bloodfeast still has all the HP of his dino form. He's probably just as durable as Roy.

WindStruck
2020-08-09, 04:51 PM
There may be a possibility that Belkar gets to treat his dinosaur as an animal companion. In addition to his cat.

I think doing so would not only grant it special feats like improved evasion, but it should also boost the animal's saves significantly, I think! :smallsmile:

Lord Torath
2020-08-10, 01:33 PM
It just occurred to me that the IFCC might not know about Bloodfeast. They didn't see anything after Nale died, due to Sabine's temper tantrum.