PDA

View Full Version : Generic Class: Warrior, the Tartar Lancer

Nevermore
2007-10-30, 07:54 PM
Recently my buddy Will began a low Magic game taking place along the Silk Road ie wide open deserts etc.

I made a Lancer based on the Tartars.

Haytham ur Aldin

LvL 2 Warrior

Str 15
Dex 15
Con 15
Int 15
Wis 12
Char 11

Feats:
Mounted Combat
Ride by Attack
Spirited charge
Uncanny Dodge

Craft 0 ranks
Handle Animal 5 ranks
Spot 4 ranks
Listen 4 ranks
Ride 4 ranks
Survival 4 ranks
Knowledge: Geography: 4 ranks

He wears Lamellar Armor, has a heavy wooden shield, scimitar, and Lance.

He rides a heavy warhorse clad in studded leather barding named Fakhir.

He has a mule to bear his usual gear.

What do you think? I am considering getting Storm Trooper, grabbing up some Favorite Enemy and then going Cavalier

Galathir
2007-10-31, 11:12 AM
Most of it looks good, and I like the mounted combat ideas. How do you have four feats at level two though? Is it a houserule? A warrior would normally only have one, a human warrior would have two, and a human fighter would have three.

Also, how are you getting uncanny dodge? Other than that, it looks good and you have some pretty nice stats.

RMS Oceanic
2007-10-31, 11:22 AM
I think you're confusing the Warrior seen in the DMG, and the Warrior seen in Unearthed Arcana. The SRD should have information about these generic classes.

Thinker
2007-10-31, 11:45 AM
Most of it looks good, and I like the mounted combat ideas. How do you have four feats at level two though? Is it a houserule? A warrior would normally only have one, a human warrior would have two, and a human fighter would have three.

Also, how are you getting uncanny dodge? Other than that, it looks good and you have some pretty nice stats.

Human Fighter would have 4:

1st level feat that everyone gets
1st level fighter feat
1st level human bonus feat
2nd level fighter feat

Deepblue706
2007-10-31, 01:40 PM
Pretty neat stuff. Lancers are badass, Tartars are badass. I always wanted to make a Tartar Horse Archer, but a good opportunity never really came.

What's Storm Trooper? Do you mean Shock Trooper? Good thing to get...gotta love Heedless Charge.

Does anyone get Calvary Charger?

Galathir
2007-10-31, 02:06 PM
Human Fighter would have 4:

1st level feat that everyone gets
1st level fighter feat
1st level human bonus feat
2nd level fighter feat

I know. My bad.

Nevermore
2007-10-31, 03:02 PM
Yes I meant Shock trooper... and yes its the Warrior Class from Unearthed Arcana.

Anyone want to advise me on say the next 5 lvls or so? I'm totally lost after this point.

Tor the Fallen
2007-10-31, 03:49 PM
I recommend maxing ride, since you can negate an attack made at your mount 1/round. I also recommend picking up leadership so you can get a mount that won't be shut down so easily (griffons with class levels? ys plz!).

Power attack is definitely recommended, since you'll be getting 6:1 (at least!) returns on a charge.

Deepblue706
2007-10-31, 07:41 PM
I'd say do Warrior until 8, then onto Cavalier.

between levels 3 and 8, you'll have 5 more feats to gain (3rd, 4th bonus, 6th, 6th bonus, 8th bonus). Improved Bull Rush is also required for Shock Trooper; that combo takes another 2 feats, leaving you with 3 more. If you pick up Combat Expertise and Improved Trip, you can grab Knockdown, which allows a trip attempt when you successfully deal 10 or more damage in melee. So with this, you could ride-by attack, knock down your enemy, ride away, turn around, repeat. They shouldn't be able to take many actions, if you're successful in your trip attempts.

Tor the Fallen
2007-11-01, 10:05 AM
Where's knockdown from?