PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next College of Command

Admael
2020-08-03, 05:58 PM
I was working making a 4E Warlord style Bard.

College of Command
Bonus Proficiencies
When you join the College of Warlords at 3rd level, you gain proficiency with medium and heavy armor, shields, and martial weapons.
Inspiring Command
Starting at 3rd level, whenever you grant a Bardic Inspiration die to an ally, that character may spend their reaction to make an attack against an enemy or move up to half their movement speed, this movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Bring Them Down!
Starting at 6th level, after you successfully make a weapon attack against an enemy you can expend one use of your bardic inspiration, if you do then until the beginning of your next turn all attacks against that target have advantage.
Battlefield Oversight
Starting at 14th level, you can expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration ability to grant two friendly creatures, within 30 feet that can hear you, a Bardic Inspiration die.

I apologize if some of the wording is a little clunky.

Old Harry MTX
2020-08-04, 01:13 AM
After a quick reading this thoughts come to my mind:

College of Command
Bonus Proficiencies
When you join the College of Warlords at 3rd level, you gain proficiency with medium and heavy armor, shields, and martial weapons.

I think there's a typo here, the College changes name? ^^
Also, I feel a bit strange that the class gets an upgrade of two levels of armor, considering that even the Valor bards get only the medium one, and this class in particular don't obtain an Extra Attack. I would probably give proficiency only to medium armor.

Inspiring Command
Starting at 3rd level, whenever you grant a Bardic Inspiration die to an ally, that character may spend their reaction to make an attack against an enemy or move up to half their movement speed, this movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Mmm, i think it's a bit OP... Maybe you can add the need for the ally to use their bonus action to perform this additional attack?

Bring Them Down!
Starting at 6th level, after you successfully make a weapon attack against an enemy you can expend one use of your bardic inspiration, if you do then until the beginning of your next turn all attacks against that target have advantage.

Again, a feature that is triggered with a weapon attack in a class that have only one attack is a bit strange... Why don't you change it in "after you successfully make a weapon or spell attack roll against an enemy... You can use this feature one time per turn."

Battlefield Oversight
Starting at 14th level, you can expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration ability to grant two friendly creatures, within 30 feet that can hear you, a Bardic Inspiration die.

It seems OK, but it basically doubles the numbers of Bardic Inspiration so... I don't know ^^
Maybe adding something like "if you do so, each ally needs to use its die until the beginning of your next turn or it will lose it."?

These are only thoughts, I hope I have been of help!