PDA

View Full Version : Creating an Illusory Double

Curelomosaurus
2020-08-03, 06:29 PM
Long story short: I'm trying to find some combination of spells, items, and/or effects that will allow for the creation of a Trickery Devotion-esque effect (illusory copy of yourself that can interact with things) at long range, preferably allowing you to see through its eyes somehow. I'm fine building around this concept, though I still want to have other useful abilities. How can this be achieved?

Doctor Despair
2020-08-03, 07:40 PM
A simalacrum with a permanencied telepathic bond should do the trick.

Curelomosaurus
2020-08-03, 09:41 PM
That's not much of an option at lower levels, though. Is there a way to do this before 8th level spells come online?

Thurbane
2020-08-03, 10:13 PM
Unseen Servant + Major Image + Arcane Eye? If you can concentrate on everything at one, that is. And the "interaction" part will be very limited. And not very long range.

Doctor Despair
2020-08-03, 10:45 PM
You could use a Dvati. LA+1 race that gives you a second body and a long-range telepathic bond to it. It's not illusory, but maybe you won't mind so much as it's online from level 2 instead of level 13.

Segev
2020-08-04, 12:36 AM
There's project image, which becomes available at level 11, I think.

Ramza00
2020-08-04, 01:14 AM
Instant Diversion creates duplicates like mirror image but you can move them. They only last 1 round thought but use an Illumian race and Cleric with Turn Undead to DMM persist them. Now you have 24 hour duplicates.

Chain of Eyes give you sight.

I have no clue how to give you manipulation, something like unseen servant but with a greater range?

Curelomosaurus
2020-08-06, 09:57 AM
You could use a Dvati. LA+1 race that gives you a second body and a long-range telepathic bond to it. It's not illusory, but maybe you won't mind so much as it's online from level 2 instead of level 13.

Great idea, though if one of the twins dies, the other goes crazy, which makes it somewhat less useful. Perhaps play a Dvati *and use the DMM persist cheese... Hmmm.

By the way, Ramza00, I love your avatar! Calvin and Hobbes is pure gold.