PDA

View Full Version : My son wants to draw your character

Bosh
2020-08-03, 10:05 PM
My 11 year-old son has gotten really obsessed with 5ed D&D recently, especially chargen. He seems to be coming up with a half dozen character concepts a day and has been spending a good bit of time drawing them down.

So to get some more practice he'd like to draw your PCs. Give him a blurb about your PC and he'll draw a pencil sketch. He hasn't been doing this for too long but the best way to get better is with lots of practice.

NecessaryWeevil
2020-08-03, 11:04 PM
That sounds awesome. I would be honoured if he drew my PC.

Whisper is a Chaotic Good Tabaxi Shepherd Druid. His parents came to Waterdeep from Maztica when he was a child, but they died of disease on the journey, so he grew up in the alleys, surviving on petty theft, the kindness of strangers, and the occasional job or kindness from the local Zhentarim.

Now that he's 10th level, he's moved beyond all that and left his Zhentarim past behind him, but he feels responsible for his friends: the local strays, whether animal or human. He spends his time feeding and tending to them and can usually be found with an entourage of feral cats. He's short and slim for a (barely) adult male Tabaxi, with calico colouring. He's a bit of a packrat so has lots of bits and pieces stashed away among his gear, but doesn't tend to use weapons, preferring to rely on summoning, keeping to the shadows, and letting the other PCs do most of the stabbing and the bleeding.

Feel free to draw him as he is now, or at any point during his growing up!

ProsecutorGodot
2020-08-03, 11:14 PM
Sounds fun, took me a while to figure out which character I wanted to describe here.

Lorund the Heavy Handed is a brutish man with long blonde hair in heavy armor. He wields a long great sword and swings with a ferocity not known to most men. He had been a bandit for a long time but was eventually defeated by a hired band of adventurers. They spared his life, and he had inadvertently been hired in with the same crew of adventurers when he took that near death experience as an opportunity to pick up the only slightly more honest work of a mercenary for hire.

Scarytincan
2020-08-04, 12:01 AM
Awesome! If he's looking for more, got a scourge aasimar way of mercy monk, I tend to envision him with a white full face mask with no visible eye holes and a hood, one sleeve mostly white designs the other mostly black, think it'd be cool to see the swirling black poison aura mix with the radiant aura. Would love to see what someone more artistically inclined than me (so anyone who can draw more than a stick man. :p ) could come up with.

micahaphone
2020-08-04, 12:05 AM
What a fun idea!

Virgil Pickett is a lizardfolk warlock. His scales are a pale tan, like a leopard gecko. He wears a long duster and a cowboy hat. In one holster he has his pistol (arcane focus for eldritch blast) and in the other his good friend, the bearded dragon named Cooper. When Virgil met The Scorched Man and was empowered to hunt undead and other immortality seekers, Cooper got a touch of power too, and now he can talk, fly, and turn invisible (using the imp stat block). Virgil puts a lot of value into making deals and keeping your word. He doesn't understand everything about human and other cultures, but he asks a lot of questions and tries to do the rituals and fit in when he can. He thinks he's better at it than he really is.

Bosh
2020-08-04, 12:39 AM
That sounds awesome. I would be honoured if he drew my PC.

Whisper is a Chaotic Good Tabaxi Shepherd Druid. His parents came to Waterdeep from Maztica when he was a child, but they died of disease on the journey, so he grew up in the alleys, surviving on petty theft, the kindness of strangers, and the occasional job or kindness from the local Zhentarim.

Now that he's 10th level, he's moved beyond all that and left his Zhentarim past behind him, but he feels responsible for his friends: the local strays, whether animal or human. He spends his time feeding and tending to them and can usually be found with an entourage of feral cats. He's short and slim for a (barely) adult male Tabaxi, with calico colouring. He's a bit of a packrat so has lots of bits and pieces stashed away among his gear, but doesn't tend to use weapons, preferring to rely on summoning, keeping to the shadows, and letting the other PCs do most of the stabbing and the bleeding.

Feel free to draw him as he is now, or at any point during his growing up!

Here's the first one. He also likes stray cats.

https://i.imgur.com/VoJhpJd.jpg

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-04, 12:42 AM
Wow! Cool drawing! If your talented son has time, he can draw the lizard wizard, a lizardfolk Artificer (Alchemist)/Wizard divination.
They have light grey/green scales and they wear a grey/black cloak, they carry around several alchemical vials. He also has sharp teeth, they have a lizard familiar, other than that, the details are up to you!:smallbiggrin:

Bosh
2020-08-04, 01:21 AM
Sounds fun, took me a while to figure out which character I wanted to describe here.

Lorund the Heavy Handed is a brutish man with long blonde hair in heavy armor. He wields a long great sword and swings with a ferocity not known to most men. He had been a bandit for a long time but was eventually defeated by a hired band of adventurers. They spared his life, and he had inadvertently been hired in with the same crew of adventurers when he took that near death experience as an opportunity to pick up the only slightly more honest work of a mercenary for hire.

Here's Lorund: https://i.imgur.com/AisIUgu.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 01:27 AM
He's busy now, he'll draw the other ones later. He asks any other artists who have time to draw his mariachi luchador (main weapon = guitar due to tavern brawler feat) dragonborn sword bard named Inigo Dandoya. He's constantly very sparkly and gold due to his heritage and lots of prestidigitation.

Awesome! If he's looking for more, got a scourge aasimar way of mercy monk, I tend to envision him with a white full face mask with no visible eye holes and a hood, one sleeve mostly white designs the other mostly black, think it'd be cool to see the swirling black poison aura mix with the radiant aura. Would love to see what someone more artistically inclined than me (so anyone who can draw more than a stick man. :p ) could come up with.

Here's the monk.

https://i.imgur.com/ET5AeZs.png

Jerrykhor
2020-08-04, 01:33 AM
Awesome, maybe he can try drawing a female PC?

Britt is a human Mystic who loves to wear pretty dresses and is never seen without her Hat of Disguise, which looks like a ladies bonnet. She can fly and uses her psionic powers to summon a pair of psi-blades from her hands.

Tzah
2020-08-04, 02:15 AM
This is so cute! I want one too!

The idea of my next PC is that he is a Half-Elf Glamour Bard, he's very secretive and lie a lot, even about minor things, like what he ate at lunch. He is very dramatic and like to exaggerate things, making it look majestuous and magnify his importance in the events. He also enjoy to make illusions for all kinds of situations.
Now for the looks of Emilio (his name), he's kinda short for a half elf, his hair is made in braids, have big round eyes and small mouth with a mischievous smile on it. He dresses in light armor with a fancy coat on top of it and he's always carring a fine lute. He have artistic freedom to change/ add what he wants.

I'm really anxious to see the art done. The other ones look amazing, props for him. Good thing you encourage his work.

Sorry if I butchered your language, I'm not native in english.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to have my PC drawn.

Magicspook
2020-08-04, 02:57 AM
He asks any other artists who have time to draw his mariachi luchador (main weapon = guitar due to tavern brawler feat) dragonborn sword bard named Inigo Dandoya. He's constantly very sparkly and gold due to his heritage and lots of prestidigitation.

Hey man, just wanted to say that I love what your son is doing. Keep up the good work!

I drew Inigo for him... had to put the sombrero on his back, sadly:

https://i.imgur.com/wQRhxs8.jpg

FabulousFizban
2020-08-04, 04:49 AM
Jasper the Hunchback is a travelling merchant priest. He goes from town to town offering his services as a vicar and healer, while earning a living trading goods from his horse drawn wagon. He dresses in plain traveler's clothes, topped over with a black monk's cowl - a symbol of his office within the church. Though not much to look at, Jasper makes up for it with his outsized personality.

Aett_Thorn
2020-08-04, 04:54 AM
Rosie Ingylpick is a Gnome Cavalier, with blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, and usually fights with a spear (ylkwa because ToA) and a shield. While she is usually found in heavy armor, more recently she is in a Robe of Scintillating Colors because of a devious trap. Big nose, pointed ears, and always with a smile on her face as she rushes into everything that she does.

BloodSnake'sCha
2020-08-04, 05:03 AM
Those are some nice drawings.

Lets try a Loxodon Druid Archaeologist.
He walk around with a staff, high class vest and a big wooden ball on his back full with his map making tools.

His name is Atlas.

Lately he got a mount. Her name is Shara and she is an elephant.

Bosh
2020-08-04, 06:27 AM
What a fun idea!

Virgil Pickett is a lizardfolk warlock. His scales are a pale tan, like a leopard gecko. He wears a long duster and a cowboy hat. In one holster he has his pistol (arcane focus for eldritch blast) and in the other his good friend, the bearded dragon named Cooper. When Virgil met The Scorched Man and was empowered to hunt undead and other immortality seekers, Cooper got a touch of power too, and now he can talk, fly, and turn invisible (using the imp stat block). Virgil puts a lot of value into making deals and keeping your word. He doesn't understand everything about human and other cultures, but he asks a lot of questions and tries to do the rituals and fit in when he can. He thinks he's better at it than he really is.

Here we go. He's been learning some good vocabulary like "duster" from this. :)

https://i.imgur.com/WBTg0qe.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 06:31 AM
Wow! Cool drawing! If your talented son has time, he can draw the lizard wizard, a lizardfolk Artificer (Alchemist)/Wizard divination.
They have light grey/green scales and they wear a grey/black cloak, they carry around several alchemical vials. He also has sharp teeth, they have a lizard familiar, other than that, the details are up to you!:smallbiggrin:

He forgot the cloak, had to add it in later. In the background you have an airship.

https://i.imgur.com/BibgcmF.jpg

Bosh
2020-08-04, 06:34 AM
Awesome, maybe he can try drawing a female PC?

Britt is a human Mystic who loves to wear pretty dresses and is never seen without her Hat of Disguise, which looks like a ladies bonnet. She can fly and uses her psionic powers to summon a pair of psi-blades from her hands.

I think he misunderstood what you meant about the psi-blade slightly because they're shooting out of your hand, which I think is sufficiently metal.

https://i.imgur.com/NWf05fk.jpg

Bosh
2020-08-04, 06:38 AM
This is so cute! I want one too!

The idea of my next PC is that he is a Half-Elf Glamour Bard, he's very secretive and lie a lot, even about minor things, like what he ate at lunch. He is very dramatic and like to exaggerate things, making it look majestuous and magnify his importance in the events. He also enjoy to make illusions for all kinds of situations.
Now for the looks of Emilio (his name), he's kinda short for a half elf, his hair is made in braids, have big round eyes and small mouth with a mischievous smile on it. He dresses in light armor with a fancy coat on top of it and he's always carring a fine lute. He have artistic freedom to change/ add what he wants.

I'm really anxious to see the art done. The other ones look amazing, props for him. Good thing you encourage his work.

Sorry if I butchered your language, I'm not native in english.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to have my PC drawn.

Here's the bard. My son also loves illusions so he drew some.

https://i.imgur.com/W8CTzFt.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 06:40 AM
Jasper the Hunchback is a travelling merchant priest. He goes from town to town offering his services as a vicar and healer, while earning a living trading goods from his horse drawn wagon. He dresses in plain traveler's clothes, topped over with a black monk's cowl - a symbol of his office within the church. Though not much to look at, Jasper makes up for it with his outsized personality.

He's got a stylized sun holy symbol.

https://i.imgur.com/rLcOBmH.jpg

Bosh
2020-08-04, 06:42 AM
Hey man, just wanted to say that I love what your son is doing. Keep up the good work!

Bosh Jr. loves this one, especially how threatening the guitar looks.

And that's it for today. Son is tired. He'll draw a few more tomorrow.

J-H
2020-08-04, 06:50 AM
Lars, the abjurer

You see an average-height man with mid-length black hair, streaked through with gray. His face is tanned and weathered, with wrinkles next to his eyes and the corners of his mouth.

He's wearing a long grey oilcloth coat with its hood thrown back. In one hand is a long staff, which he leans on as he walks along. You hear a thump with every other step, and realize that he has a brass-tipped peg leg in place of his left foot.

His ungloved hands are rough and callused, also sun-brown, with prominent knuckles that have been bruised more than once. Underneath the cloak, you may glimpse a sealed pouch at his waist containing a spellbook, with tell-tale small pouches on the front containing spell components.

Backstory
Lars spent a decade and a half at sea, sailing seas near and far to ports familiar and exotic. He has a sea story for almost anything.

One day, his luck ran out. The winds were calm, the Windcaller was ill, and sahuagin attacked. Knocked out, Lars woke up with one foot and calf inside the stomach of a sahuagin. That was the end of his sailing days. A few days later, thankfully near his home country, he ended up laid up in bed next to a war wizard who liked to talk.

It turns out that he had a quick mind, and was able to summon a basic Light cantrip after only a few hours' instruction in basic magical theory. This earned him a letter of recommendation, and he clomped his way ashore three weeks later on his way to a new career: Magic-user!

Having lost a limb, he very much values magic as a way to not get maimed or dead, and his quick learning has extended to an above-average understanding of spell formula and magical theory.

He's no yellow-bellied coward, but he's also got a good sense of risk-and-reward when it comes to getting up close with the enemy. In his early 30s, he may be a voice of caution for the rest of the party, and (if I can swing it) may have a ready store of sea-stories and colorful phrases.

nickl_2000
2020-08-04, 07:02 AM
I would be honored if he would give mine a shot if he has the desire.

Maxima Antius is a small, male, human Arcane Tricker who focuses on illusion magic. He about 5 ft, and has a very slight build. He grew up in the streets of a large city and has clean, but worn down and patched clothing. He alternates between wielding a rapier, dual wielding daggers, and using his shortbow. He has a small mouse that he has used a scroll to make into his familiar.

follacchioso
2020-08-04, 07:06 AM
Krustulus is an Orc Bard. He has a bulky muscular body, and he can easily be recognized from the Harpsichord he always carries around on his shoulders.

Long time ago, Krustulus' clan raided a church of Torm, pillaging the harpsichord and capturing a gnome bard. Over the years, the gnome bard taught Krustulus into the ways of bardic magic. Not all orcs appreciate fine music, thought, so Krustulus is sometimes seen hitting some ungrateful customers with the whole harpsichord.

Fredaintdead
2020-08-04, 07:49 AM
Siege "CJ" Engine is a Warforged Fighter/Paladin, a bulky juggernaut (about 8ft tall) of a machine-man armed with a rune-engraved hammer and a shield. His visage is lit by some sort of blue spark within, lending a kindness and energy to him.

Created by an artificer who lost his son, CJ was made to safeguard the world from pain and loss. Since being awoken, he has followed his friends and walked the path of the Hearthguards of the God of the Forge, wielding the ancient hammer of the Dwarf-Father in defence of peace and justice. Alongside his newgound family, he has stood against dragons, a yuan-ti empire, giants, devils and even a bound fire god.

Chronos
2020-08-04, 07:50 AM
Inigo actually sounds fairly similar to Varag. Varag was a gladiator, who loved everything about his job: The fighting, the glamor, the crowds. Except for the being a slave part: That part he hated. So he organized a slave revolt and won freedom for himself and a bunch of others. If he ever met Inigo, he'd be happy to fight him, with a large audience and a cut for both the winner and the loser.

He's a very well-built human with red hair, which he shaves except for the beard on the right side of his face, which he's sculpted and styled to look like flames being breathed by the copper dragon tattooed onto the left side. He usually either wears scale armor or goes bare-chested, and either way, the dragon's body continues down to his chest (either in tattoo, or in inlay on his armor). He fights wielding any two of a shield, a clawed glove, or a set of brass knuckles with Continual Flame cast on them, making his fist appear to be on fire.

Segev
2020-08-04, 09:33 AM
Not one I've played, but one which he might find fun:

The short version would be "an 11-year-old human plague doctor."

The long version is a human warlock (Great Old One Patron) raised by Kenku, who are adults by 10 years of age. He dresses like a plague doctor primarily for the mask, so he can look more like his family. He wears a fleece vest or doublet for easy access to the material component to minor illusion, which he brushes with his fingers frequently because he uses said spell to "talk like a Kenku" rather than using his own voice.

Scarytincan
2020-08-04, 11:14 AM
He's busy now, he'll draw the other ones later. He asks any other artists who have time to draw his mariachi luchador (main weapon = guitar due to tavern brawler feat) dragonborn sword bard named Inigo Dandoya. He's constantly very sparkly and gold due to his heritage and lots of prestidigitation.

Here's the monk.

https://i.imgur.com/ET5AeZs.png

Hehe awesome! Keep up the good work!

NecessaryWeevil
2020-08-04, 12:18 PM
I love it. Please thank your son for me. I love that this thread exists. :)

micahaphone
2020-08-04, 12:54 PM
Your son did an excellent job drawing Virgil and Cooper, tell him thank you!

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-04, 04:13 PM
He forgot the cloak, had to add it in later. In the background you have an airship.

Woah thank you so much! Let your son know that it's amazing!:smallbiggrin:

Tzah
2020-08-04, 07:41 PM
Here's the bard. My son also loves illusions so he drew some.

https://i.imgur.com/W8CTzFt.png

That's amazing!! Glad he put some illusions too, that's exactly what Emilio would do, make some "friends" at his side to look more menacing.
Thank him for me, and tell him to keep with the good work.

Bosh
2020-08-04, 08:38 PM
Rosie Ingylpick is a Gnome Cavalier, with blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, and usually fights with a spear (ylkwa because ToA) and a shield. While she is usually found in heavy armor, more recently she is in a Robe of Scintillating Colors because of a devious trap. Big nose, pointed ears, and always with a smile on her face as she rushes into everything that she does.

Here we go, I think he forgot the smile. Also she's riding a dog because he loves dogs.

https://i.imgur.com/rvqoEXC.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 08:38 PM
Those are some nice drawings.

Lets try a Loxodon Druid Archaeologist.
He walk around with a staff, high class vest and a big wooden ball on his back full with his map making tools.

His name is Atlas.

Lately he got a mount. Her name is Shara and she is an elephant.

And here's the elephant...

https://i.imgur.com/FjYbI3n.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 08:40 PM
Lars, the abjurer

You see an average-height man with mid-length black hair, streaked through with gray. His face is tanned and weathered, with wrinkles next to his eyes and the corners of his mouth.

He's wearing a long grey oilcloth coat with its hood thrown back. In one hand is a long staff, which he leans on as he walks along. You hear a thump with every other step, and realize that he has a brass-tipped peg leg in place of his left foot.

His ungloved hands are rough and callused, also sun-brown, with prominent knuckles that have been bruised more than once. Underneath the cloak, you may glimpse a sealed pouch at his waist containing a spellbook, with tell-tale small pouches on the front containing spell components.

Backstory
Lars spent a decade and a half at sea, sailing seas near and far to ports familiar and exotic. He has a sea story for almost anything.

One day, his luck ran out. The winds were calm, the Windcaller was ill, and sahuagin attacked. Knocked out, Lars woke up with one foot and calf inside the stomach of a sahuagin. That was the end of his sailing days. A few days later, thankfully near his home country, he ended up laid up in bed next to a war wizard who liked to talk.

It turns out that he had a quick mind, and was able to summon a basic Light cantrip after only a few hours' instruction in basic magical theory. This earned him a letter of recommendation, and he clomped his way ashore three weeks later on his way to a new career: Magic-user!

Having lost a limb, he very much values magic as a way to not get maimed or dead, and his quick learning has extended to an above-average understanding of spell formula and magical theory.

He's no yellow-bellied coward, but he's also got a good sense of risk-and-reward when it comes to getting up close with the enemy. In his early 30s, he may be a voice of caution for the rest of the party, and (if I can swing it) may have a ready store of sea-stories and colorful phrases.

Here we go. The cube is defensive magic.

https://i.imgur.com/96uluev.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 08:41 PM
I would be honored if he would give mine a shot if he has the desire.

Maxima Antius is a small, male, human Arcane Tricker who focuses on illusion magic. He about 5 ft, and has a very slight build. He grew up in the streets of a large city and has clean, but worn down and patched clothing. He alternates between wielding a rapier, dual wielding daggers, and using his shortbow. He has a small mouse that he has used a scroll to make into his familiar.

Observe the power of mage hand.

https://i.imgur.com/MjBaKU4.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 08:42 PM
Krustulus is an Orc Bard. He has a bulky muscular body, and he can easily be recognized from the Harpsichord he always carries around on his shoulders.

Long time ago, Krustulus' clan raided a church of Torm, pillaging the harpsichord and capturing a gnome bard. Over the years, the gnome bard taught Krustulus into the ways of bardic magic. Not all orcs appreciate fine music, thought, so Krustulus is sometimes seen hitting some ungrateful customers with the whole harpsichord.

He loves the idea of beaning people with a harpsicord.

https://i.imgur.com/u9RmdCl.png

Bosh
2020-08-04, 08:44 PM
Siege "CJ" Engine is a Warforged Fighter/Paladin, a bulky juggernaut (about 8ft tall) of a machine-man armed with a rune-engraved hammer and a shield. His visage is lit by some sort of blue spark within, lending a kindness and energy to him.

Created by an artificer who lost his son, CJ was made to safeguard the world from pain and loss. Since being awoken, he has followed his friends and walked the path of the Hearthguards of the God of the Forge, wielding the ancient hammer of the Dwarf-Father in defence of peace and justice. Alongside his newgound family, he has stood against dragons, a yuan-ti empire, giants, devils and even a bound fire god.

Behold his victories!

That's it for now. He'll finish the backlog within 24 hours.

https://i.imgur.com/CIW0cBc.png

Aett_Thorn
2020-08-04, 09:44 PM
Here we go, I think he forgot the smile. Also she's riding a dog because he loves dogs.

https://i.imgur.com/rvqoEXC.png

That’s awesome! Thanks!

BloodSnake'sCha
2020-08-04, 11:29 PM
And here's the elephant...

https://i.imgur.com/FjYbI3n.png

That is great, say him thanks in my name and know you are doing great service to you son.

follacchioso
2020-08-05, 01:37 AM
He loves the idea of beaning people with a harpsicord.

https://i.imgur.com/u9RmdCl.png
That is amazing! Thank you and my compliments to the artist. Krustulus is very happy about the portrait, he wishes your son to learn to play the harpsichord when he grows up.

J-H
2020-08-05, 02:26 AM
Very cool, thanks!

Lvl 2 Expert
2020-08-05, 04:22 AM

I can't art very well, but I did a colored in version of Magicspook's drawing.

https://i.postimg.cc/L9pZb4F5/Inigo-Dandoya.png

Fredaintdead
2020-08-05, 05:47 AM
Behold his victories!

That's it for now. He'll finish the backlog within 24 hours.

https://i.imgur.com/CIW0cBc.png

He's beautiful and I love him. Thank you very much.

nickl_2000
2020-08-05, 06:30 AM
Observe the power of mage hand.

https://i.imgur.com/MjBaKU4.png

Please thank him for the lovely drawing. He did a great job capturing the essence of the character.

Chronos
2020-08-05, 07:44 AM
So far, the one of Krustulus (with the harpsichord) is my favorite. He really captured the essence of beating someone up with a keyboard instrument.

Bosh
2020-08-05, 05:08 PM
Been a bit busy with work (will get his answers to some of the replies in a while) but I'll be posting the last two of his drawing momentarily.

He's champing at the bit to draw some more PCs so it anyone else has some he'd be happy to draw them.

He also asked if anyone wanted to draw his old PC from the last campaign: Goram Skullcrusher was a half-orc barbarian/rogue with a rapier and a free hand for grappling people. He wears a crown he took after a duel with the minotaur king of Thracia and married a dryad and has two half-dryad sons. Some of his favorite moments:
-Running away from a pack of gnolls up a flight of stairs and then pouring oil on the stairs and then kicking the gnolls down the stairs domino style (natural 20 + ungodly grapple check thanks to 20 strength and expertise in athletics).
-Kiting an army of gnolls by carrying around the party's dwarven cleric of Zeus on his shoulders (barbarian fast movement + rogue cunning action = one speedy half-orc) and having him rain lightning down on the gnolls.

Bosh
2020-08-05, 05:22 PM
Not one I've played, but one which he might find fun:

The short version would be "an 11-year-old human plague doctor."

The long version is a human warlock (Great Old One Patron) raised by Kenku, who are adults by 10 years of age. He dresses like a plague doctor primarily for the mask, so he can look more like his family. He wears a fleece vest or doublet for easy access to the material component to minor illusion, which he brushes with his fingers frequently because he uses said spell to "talk like a Kenku" rather than using his own voice.

Here we go, the snake is your patron. Snakes are cthonic!

https://i.imgur.com/5UX9KNz.jpg

Bosh
2020-08-05, 05:23 PM
Inigo actually sounds fairly similar to Varag. Varag was a gladiator, who loved everything about his job: The fighting, the glamor, the crowds. Except for the being a slave part: That part he hated. So he organized a slave revolt and won freedom for himself and a bunch of others. If he ever met Inigo, he'd be happy to fight him, with a large audience and a cut for both the winner and the loser.

He's a very well-built human with red hair, which he shaves except for the beard on the right side of his face, which he's sculpted and styled to look like flames being breathed by the copper dragon tattooed onto the left side. He usually either wears scale armor or goes bare-chested, and either way, the dragon's body continues down to his chest (either in tattoo, or in inlay on his armor). He fights wielding any two of a shield, a clawed glove, or a set of brass knuckles with Continual Flame cast on them, making his fist appear to be on fire.

And I think this is the last of them...

https://i.imgur.com/r7z7Z9S.png

Segev
2020-08-05, 05:33 PM
Here we go, the snake is your patron. Snakes are cthonic!

https://i.imgur.com/5UX9KNz.jpg

Hee! Well done. I like the way he integrated the fur look of fleece to the rest of it.

I was in my 30s before I learned that "cthonic" meant "related to the depths of the earth." Good use of that definition. :)

Thanks. ^_^

Bosh
2020-08-05, 06:02 PM
Hee! Well done. I like the way he integrated the fur look of fleece to the rest of it.

I was in my 30s before I learned that "cthonic" meant "related to the depths of the earth." Good use of that definition. :)

Thanks. ^_^

Yup, took me a long time too...

In Greek etc. myth snakes are often the symbol of earth or underworld god because they slide along on their bellies touching the earth.

Magic Myrmidon
2020-08-05, 06:19 PM
Oh no, your son knows not what he has unleashed. :P I love the gusto that he's going at this with.

My current in a long line of characters character is a Halfling Paladin. Uses a rapier and shield, wears half plate. His main claim to fame as a Folk Hero is chasing down a raccoon who had stolen the local granny's sourdough starter. He wears a raccoon tail on his chest to commemorate this. He's always friendly, and believes in doing the right thing to the point of naivete.

Tell your son he's awesome for doing this!

sithlordnergal
2020-08-05, 06:42 PM
Oh wow, your son is pretty awesome! Heh, if he's still interested, I might have a character he'd find entertaining:

Vieel of House Anteos is a Goblin Noble of Waterdeep. He was essentially adopted into a Noble family, and raised as such, mostly as a joke. He tends to wear fine clothing, has a powdered wig, wears a monocle, and carries a walking stick. He's a Fighter/Rogue with a cat that flies on a broomstick as a familiar. He's rather short for a goblin, only coming in at around 3 feet tall.

Phhase
2020-08-05, 07:00 PM
Ooh, ooh, do me! S'vissth is a Thri-Kreen. This means he is a skinny insect person with 4 arms, 2 legs, no wings, and the head of a praying mantis. he is also and undead revanent, which means he is a hollow exo-skeleton with nothing but sand and wind inside, just like Shedinja or a cicada shell. He is a Mystic (Psi powers). He wears a long flowing cloak with a hood (usually the hood does not cover his head). The hood is pinned together with the fin of a slain sea creature. Atop this, he wears a sash diagonally. His weapon is a long staff with a claw-like blade on each end. His signature attack is to create a Dust Devil (small tornado) and ride it like a windsurfer. Sometimes he puts sharp things into the whirlwind to make it a blender-nado.

Extra credit: S'vissth has created several undead Shadows out of some of his enemies. These are floating blots of blackness with a vague human shape. He also has heavy, triangular crystal throwing knives (like quartz). He also has a little stone that orbits his head that is scarlet-and-blue.

Chronos
2020-08-06, 06:31 AM
Varag thanks him for the publicity.

nickl_2000
2020-08-06, 07:13 AM
He has already done one for me, but if he is chomping at the bit to do more he is welcome to do Kylan as well (I don't want to be selfish, so others can go first).

Kylan Hawkwinter is a male human blacksmith of Noble blood, but a working man in the way he was raised. He is a man of the people, more interested in the problems of commoners than those of nobles. He is a large man, standing a 6'6 and weighing 260 pounds. Due to his years smithing he is built and very strong. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and dusky skin. He can be seen walking around in full plate, a shield, and wielding a warhammer, or in his blacksmith's apron working. He is an Oath of Glory Paladin and one can see the eye of helm emblazoned on his full plate (that he crafted himself) and his shield.

Kobold_paladin?
2020-08-06, 11:54 AM
Sheldon mc.righteousface never takes his bucket helm off. he fights the evils of the world with a cheese grater and his coat of arms is a banjo.

it would be amazing if i saw this... monstrosity... on paper.

kobo1d
2020-08-06, 03:58 PM
What a heartwarming thread! Totally brings to mind the very same enthusiasm I had when I discovered D&D around your son's age.

Bosh
2020-08-06, 07:59 PM
More coming momentarily. He says that more than one PC by the same person is fine.

All of this art is helping convince his mom to sign him up for twice a week instead of once a week art classes...

Bosh
2020-08-06, 08:07 PM
Oh no, your son knows not what he has unleashed. :P I love the gusto that he's going at this with.

My current in a long line of characters character is a Halfling Paladin. Uses a rapier and shield, wears half plate. His main claim to fame as a Folk Hero is chasing down a raccoon who had stolen the local granny's sourdough starter. He wears a raccoon tail on his chest to commemorate this. He's always friendly, and believes in doing the right thing to the point of naivete.

Tell your son he's awesome for doing this!

Here we go...

https://i.imgur.com/m9pLiz4.png

Bosh
2020-08-06, 08:08 PM
Oh wow, your son is pretty awesome! Heh, if he's still interested, I might have a character he'd find entertaining:

Vieel of House Anteos is a Goblin Noble of Waterdeep. He was essentially adopted into a Noble family, and raised as such, mostly as a joke. He tends to wear fine clothing, has a powdered wig, wears a monocle, and carries a walking stick. He's a Fighter/Rogue with a cat that flies on a broomstick as a familiar. He's rather short for a goblin, only coming in at around 3 feet tall.

"Ah, like the piano guy in Bill and Ted."

https://i.imgur.com/1KJfD9J.jpg

Bosh
2020-08-06, 08:09 PM
Ooh, ooh, do me! S'vissth is a Thri-Kreen. This means he is a skinny insect person with 4 arms, 2 legs, no wings, and the head of a praying mantis. he is also and undead revanent, which means he is a hollow exo-skeleton with nothing but sand and wind inside, just like Shedinja or a cicada shell. He is a Mystic (Psi powers). He wears a long flowing cloak with a hood (usually the hood does not cover his head). The hood is pinned together with the fin of a slain sea creature. Atop this, he wears a sash diagonally. His weapon is a long staff with a claw-like blade on each end. His signature attack is to create a Dust Devil (small tornado) and ride it like a windsurfer. Sometimes he puts sharp things into the whirlwind to make it a blender-nado.

Extra credit: S'vissth has created several undead Shadows out of some of his enemies. These are floating blots of blackness with a vague human shape. He also has heavy, triangular crystal throwing knives (like quartz). He also has a little stone that orbits his head that is scarlet-and-blue.

"This one was HARD!"

https://i.imgur.com/UTRdie4.jpg

Bosh
2020-08-06, 08:10 PM
He has already done one for me, but if he is chomping at the bit to do more he is welcome to do Kylan as well (I don't want to be selfish, so others can go first).

Kylan Hawkwinter is a male human blacksmith of Noble blood, but a working man in the way he was raised. He is a man of the people, more interested in the problems of commoners than those of nobles. He is a large man, standing a 6'6 and weighing 260 pounds. Due to his years smithing he is built and very strong. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and dusky skin. He can be seen walking around in full plate, a shield, and wielding a warhammer, or in his blacksmith's apron working. He is an Oath of Glory Paladin and one can see the eye of helm emblazoned on his full plate (that he crafted himself) and his shield.

Here we go...

https://i.imgur.com/k98uB2c.png

Bosh
2020-08-06, 08:11 PM
Sheldon mc.righteousface never takes his bucket helm off. he fights the evils of the world with a cheese grater and his coat of arms is a banjo.

it would be amazing if i saw this... monstrosity... on paper.

"Like the black knight in Monty Python!"

https://i.imgur.com/fThy9y2.png

sithlordnergal
2020-08-06, 08:40 PM
Your son is awesome, you know that? I love it XD

Magic Myrmidon
2020-08-06, 08:58 PM
Yeah, seriously. What a hero of a kid. Thanks so much for the Halfling Paladin! It's just great.

Nidgit
2020-08-07, 01:40 AM
If you're looking for more...

Teodric is a huge Half-Orc Paladin in his late teens. He's got heavy facial features but tidy hair, and is a real softie who smiles a lot. He typically wears white plate armor and carries a battle-ax and a throwing shield emblazoned with the symbol of a Celtic sun god. Teodric also wears a glowing fist-sized orb on a thin chain around his neck that helps him channel radiant magic. He's often accompanied by his chill party-steed, a palomino mare with some tropical cocktail mixers in her saddlebags.

FabulousFizban
2020-08-07, 02:28 AM
He's got a stylized sun holy symbol.

https://i.imgur.com/rLcOBmH.jpg

I absolutely love this.

Magicspook
2020-08-07, 02:50 AM
Your son is getting noticably better over the course of this thread!

Dankus Memakus
2020-08-07, 02:59 AM
"This one was HARD!"

Honestly I really vibe with the shadow monsters in this. They have a really cool style. The creepy smile is an absolutely awesome touch. Tell your son I hope my kids end up being as cool as him!

Edit: I'll throw my favorite character in the ring if he's got the time. His name is Vladimir Korobinski, dwarf paladin, completely bald. He has a large thick beard, wears really dull chainmail that hangs on him like a dress and has a magic flaming greatsword. He's a bit old, but he's still trucking along

nickl_2000
2020-08-07, 08:44 AM
Here we go...

https://i.imgur.com/k98uB2c.png

I love the eyes in this picture (both the characters and the sigils). They are very expressive!

Kobold_paladin?
2020-08-07, 08:59 AM
"Like the black knight in Monty Python!"

https://i.imgur.com/fThy9y2.png

that is absolutely perfect, tell your son thank you from me!

Manatee
2020-08-07, 10:21 AM
To encourage a kiddo with a passion for RPGs and art, I offer my current group from Descent into Avernus.

Skywatcher - Lawful Evil goliath (war) cleric (of Hextor). Standing roughly 8 feet tall and carrying an enchanted great ax and scale mail. He is the cold and calculated battle field commander. Bald headed and powerfully built, he often is confused for a fighter until he starts calling down rains of fire and spiritual weapons.

Tarumon Faresh - Lawful Good blue dragonborn paladin (of Helm). Bright blue and stands roughly 7'6. He wears chain armor and carries a shield, trident, and recently acquired a relic long sword of a sea goddess.

Morcem Brighteyes - Chaotic Neutral human rogue. Shadowed studded leather armor, short brown hair. carries a bandoleer of knives that magically return when thrown. He stands roughly 5'8.

Somehow this very different set of characters actually like each other and function well as a team.

DragonBaneDM
2020-08-07, 10:40 AM
This is going down in history as one of the greatest thread ever made on GiantITP.

Daed the Artificer is a big, friendly redneck of a man who loves strapping together weird inventions. He wears mismatched armor and carries a big wrench. His favorite invention is Gidget, a little triceratops like dinosaur-robot who he's strapped a bunch of rusty metal to, kinda like armor.

DigitalCharlie
2020-08-07, 11:42 AM
Name: Bolshur Ta-Yum (Yum yum to his friends)
Race: Half-orc
Class: Eldritch Knight Fighter

Yum yum grew up in Goldenfields stealing crops to eat. When some Harpers came to town he saw a chance to get a little coin, so he showed them around. They fed him and pointed out he can get cooked food by doing good for people. Which, obviously is way better than stealing and eating raw grain, so cue life change and allegiance to his Harper friends. Now he's a big, fiercely loyal half orc who dreams of using the magic he sees his allies use. He's gone on some minor missions for the Harpers before, mostly as a translator for goblins and giants. The promise of new food and friends in Chult (as well as the opportunity to prove himself to the Harpers) made him very, very eager to take on a dangerous mission to end the death curse.

Phhase
2020-08-07, 08:14 PM
Lovely! Very well done, giveth mine regards. He's outdone himself.

"This one was HARD!"

Skylivedk
2020-08-08, 12:36 AM
Super cool and thanks for helping both soon and community!

I'm about to play a boomerang wielding dinosaur riding Halfling. So is he up for the challenge and likes dinosaurs?

I think I'll meet the group the first time on a flying Dino while their airship is being boarded by githyanki

Bosh
2020-08-08, 02:14 AM
If you're looking for more...

Teodric is a huge Half-Orc Paladin in his late teens. He's got heavy facial features but tidy hair, and is a real softie who smiles a lot. He typically wears white plate armor and carries a battle-ax and a throwing shield emblazoned with the symbol of a Celtic sun god. Teodric also wears a glowing fist-sized orb on a thin chain around his neck that helps him channel radiant magic. He's often accompanied by his chill party-steed, a palomino mare with some tropical cocktail mixers in her saddlebags.

This is one of my favorites personally...

https://i.imgur.com/gEVffCk.png

Bosh
2020-08-08, 02:15 AM
Honestly I really vibe with the shadow monsters in this. They have a really cool style. The creepy smile is an absolutely awesome touch. Tell your son I hope my kids end up being as cool as him!

Edit: I'll throw my favorite character in the ring if he's got the time. His name is Vladimir Korobinski, dwarf paladin, completely bald. He has a large thick beard, wears really dull chainmail that hangs on him like a dress and has a magic flaming greatsword. He's a bit old, but he's still trucking along

He added a tattoo...

https://i.imgur.com/mGOEjkI.png

Bosh
2020-08-08, 02:16 AM
To encourage a kiddo with a passion for RPGs and art, I offer my current group from Descent into Avernus.

Skywatcher - Lawful Evil goliath (war) cleric (of Hextor). Standing roughly 8 feet tall and carrying an enchanted great ax and scale mail. He is the cold and calculated battle field commander. Bald headed and powerfully built, he often is confused for a fighter until he starts calling down rains of fire and spiritual weapons.

Tarumon Faresh - Lawful Good blue dragonborn paladin (of Helm). Bright blue and stands roughly 7'6. He wears chain armor and carries a shield, trident, and recently acquired a relic long sword of a sea goddess.

Morcem Brighteyes - Chaotic Neutral human rogue. Shadowed studded leather armor, short brown hair. carries a bandoleer of knives that magically return when thrown. He stands roughly 5'8.

Somehow this very different set of characters actually like each other and function well as a team.

He ran out of space and drew the human small, he says it's OK because the human is a halfling now. He also insists that they all have different armor designs.

https://i.imgur.com/z3vCI1D.png

Bosh
2020-08-08, 02:17 AM
This is going down in history as one of the greatest thread ever made on GiantITP.

Daed the Artificer is a big, friendly redneck of a man who loves strapping together weird inventions. He wears mismatched armor and carries a big wrench. His favorite invention is Gidget, a little triceratops like dinosaur-robot who he's strapped a bunch of rusty metal to, kinda like armor.

I think the legs have too many joints...

https://i.imgur.com/iLzGNg6.png

Bosh
2020-08-08, 02:18 AM
Name: Bolshur Ta-Yum (Yum yum to his friends)
Race: Half-orc
Class: Eldritch Knight Fighter

Yum yum grew up in Goldenfields stealing crops to eat. When some Harpers came to town he saw a chance to get a little coin, so he showed them around. They fed him and pointed out he can get cooked food by doing good for people. Which, obviously is way better than stealing and eating raw grain, so cue life change and allegiance to his Harper friends. Now he's a big, fiercely loyal half orc who dreams of using the magic he sees his allies use. He's gone on some minor missions for the Harpers before, mostly as a translator for goblins and giants. The promise of new food and friends in Chult (as well as the opportunity to prove himself to the Harpers) made him very, very eager to take on a dangerous mission to end the death curse.

He used a picture he google image searched up as a model for the body but did not trace it.

https://i.imgur.com/vOfrCDm.png

Bosh
2020-08-08, 02:19 AM
Super cool and thanks for helping both soon and community!

I'm about to play a boomerang wielding dinosaur riding Halfling. So is he up for the challenge and likes dinosaurs?

I think I'll meet the group the first time on a flying Dino while their airship is being boarded by githyanki

Used a picture he google image searched up as a model for the dino but did not trace it.

https://i.imgur.com/xbKCGh0.png

Nidgit
2020-08-08, 02:39 AM
This is one of my favorites personally...

https://i.imgur.com/gEVffCk.png
He's wonderful, thank you!

Manatee
2020-08-08, 05:58 AM
He ran out of space and drew the human small, he says it's OK because the human is a halfling now. He also insists that they all have different armor designs.

That is actually perfect. Both the cleric and the Paladin make short jokes to the rogue anyhow while he constantly tells them that they draw too much attention to themselves for being so big. I personally love it and will be sending it on to the rest of the group as soon as they wake up.

DigitalCharlie
2020-08-08, 08:04 AM
He used a picture he google image searched up as a model for the body but did not trace it.

https://i.imgur.com/vOfrCDm.png

This is absolutely phenomenal, please give him a BIG thank you!

Dankus Memakus
2020-08-08, 10:51 PM
He added a tattoo...

https://i.imgur.com/mGOEjkI.png

This is genuinely my favorite piece of art I've gotten. Love it!

nickl_2000
2020-08-10, 06:53 AM
I adore the overwhelming positivity of this thread

Kobold_paladin?
2020-08-10, 10:11 AM
OK, I've got something rather different for him to draw: a Wyvern.

i think it'd be neat.

also: Bizmo Funyins is a kobold sorcerer, he wears an eye patch over his left eye due to an incident involving rot grubs and wears a "magical amulet" that a retiring wizard sold him (it's not magical, he was scammed by a charlatan) and has a billowy, dramatic cloak. his animal companion, a Quipper named Lou, resides in a fishbowl on top of Bizmo's staff.

stoutstien
2020-08-10, 12:45 PM
this gets my vote for best thread of the year award.

I have one:

a warforged artificer who is a walking sewing machine with an animated mannequin(sewing dummy) as a steel defender.

Bosh
2020-08-10, 05:49 PM
I adore the overwhelming positivity of this thread

Yeah that's why I started posting here way back in the 3.5ed days, so much more positivity than the official boards.

MeeposFire
2020-08-10, 07:57 PM
Yum Yum Hammer Claw is a Kobold artificer who is a bit curious and very knowledgeable but always getting into trouble. Named after being in a family that tended to smithing but he was supposed to be given away as tribute hence the name. Left to learn more and managed to become an artificer (eventually). Always is carrying around musical instruments and singing songs but lacks the sheer charisma to be a bard he still feels the need to introduce himself through song regardless (singing in the vein of tall tales of which he wants to be despite his small stature). Carries around a bunch of gadgets and odds and ends to tinker with he has his iron defender (looks like some sort of dire weasel) he has named Meepo after the great kobold of legend which he also rides as a mount and he has a familiar of a raven he has named for another kobold legend Deekin.

His main weapon is a spear which he uses as a thrown weapon, a lance, and as a pole to help check for traps...it might be in a bit of a rough shape. He wears for the moment scale mail (it seemed to fit him best) and a shield while keeping some daggers and a sling for back up (the sling is also useful for throwing items for a distance such as alchemist fire, thunder stones, or classic kobold nasty tricks). Likes to wear a wide swashbuckling hat due to the sun and wears goggles. Helps slightly but the sun still bothers him.

Despite being from the land of monsters he has studied in secret at the local university in Sharn to learn his trade (granted he was climbing around the ducts and other secret parts of the building but hey you can still get a quality education in there). Currently travelling with a group chasing a vampire around Korvaire. He does not care for the political intrigue of the mainly human nations too much like the others but these lightning rails and flying ships are certainly interesting so he tags along. Does get a bit annoyed when people keep thinking he is a cute little guy or when they do not take him seriously.

Bosh
2020-08-11, 08:24 AM
OK, I've got something rather different for him to draw: a Wyvern.

i think it'd be neat.

also: Bizmo Funyins is a kobold sorcerer, he wears an eye patch over his left eye due to an incident involving rot grubs and wears a "magical amulet" that a retiring wizard sold him (it's not magical, he was scammed by a charlatan) and has a billowy, dramatic cloak. his animal companion, a Quipper named Lou, resides in a fishbowl on top of Bizmo's staff.

Here we go. My son has decided that his cloak is sentient and evil.

https://i.imgur.com/HAE0kwd.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ls9AHck.png

Bosh
2020-08-11, 08:25 AM
this gets my vote for best thread of the year award.

I have one:

a warforged artificer who is a walking sewing machine with an animated mannequin(sewing dummy) as a steel defender.

He was a bit confused by this one...

https://i.imgur.com/OpQR5o1.png

Bosh
2020-08-11, 08:26 AM
Yum Yum Hammer Claw is a Kobold artificer who is a bit curious and very knowledgeable but always getting into trouble. Named after being in a family that tended to smithing but he was supposed to be given away as tribute hence the name. Left to learn more and managed to become an artificer (eventually). Always is carrying around musical instruments and singing songs but lacks the sheer charisma to be a bard he still feels the need to introduce himself through song regardless (singing in the vein of tall tales of which he wants to be despite his small stature). Carries around a bunch of gadgets and odds and ends to tinker with he has his iron defender (looks like some sort of dire weasel) he has named Meepo after the great kobold of legend which he also rides as a mount and he has a familiar of a raven he has named for another kobold legend Deekin.

His main weapon is a spear which he uses as a thrown weapon, a lance, and as a pole to help check for traps...it might be in a bit of a rough shape. He wears for the moment scale mail (it seemed to fit him best) and a shield while keeping some daggers and a sling for back up (the sling is also useful for throwing items for a distance such as alchemist fire, thunder stones, or classic kobold nasty tricks). Likes to wear a wide swashbuckling hat due to the sun and wears goggles. Helps slightly but the sun still bothers him.

Despite being from the land of monsters he has studied in secret at the local university in Sharn to learn his trade (granted he was climbing around the ducts and other secret parts of the building but hey you can still get a quality education in there). Currently travelling with a group chasing a vampire around Korvaire. He does not care for the political intrigue of the mainly human nations too much like the others but these lightning rails and flying ships are certainly interesting so he tags along. Does get a bit annoyed when people keep thinking he is a cute little guy or when they do not take him seriously.

"Here's the guy with too many weapons."

https://i.imgur.com/AAFIRlM.png

Skylivedk
2020-08-11, 08:33 AM
Used a picture he google image searched up as a model for the dino but did not trace it.

https://i.imgur.com/xbKCGh0.png

Fantastic! Thank you to you and him. Now, with this piece of historical evidence, it ought to be a small step to replace my Claw foot with a T-Rex 8)

And I gotta add: it's quite the action piece

nickl_2000
2020-08-11, 08:37 AM
He was a bit confused by this one...

https://i.imgur.com/OpQR5o1.png

That's an amazing picture (and a very, very odd character).

Lord Torath
2020-08-11, 08:43 AM
I'm about to play a boomerang wielding dinosaur riding Halfling.I'll confess, I first read this as "A boomerang-wielding dinosaur riding a halfling". Gotta be a pretty small dinosaur to ride a halfling as a mount, but what a character concept!

stoutstien
2020-08-11, 09:00 AM
That's an amazing picture (and a very, very odd character).

It is and he is lol. Tulle believes in the power of a well-tailored suit. Especially that suit has more gizmos than James Bond and inspector gadget combined.

Chronos
2020-08-11, 12:41 PM
Y'know, even aside from the drawings themselves (which are awesome), I'm really enjoying reading all of the character concepts in this thread.

Amechra
2020-08-11, 01:03 PM
I might as well toss my hat into this ring.

Thokgrund, Son of Dugthrán was a half-orc Ancestral Guardian. So far so standard, right? Well... he was also a Noble. Specifically, he was the youngest child of the current king of his homeland. He was a throwback to a more violent and warlike past, and he had been sent to the city where the game happened with his two brothers Dugthrán (his oldest brother, who did not approve of his shenanigans) and Harkûn (the middle brother, who quietly supported him) as part of a diplomatic mission. To the annoyance of Dugthrán, he did not, in fact, calm down and learn diplomacy. Instead, he was a hero who helped eliminate a local cult and prevent an invasion by elemental forces.

Did I mention he was color-blind, trusted (pretty much) everyone implicitly, and was incredibly excited about boats due to coming from a desert? Thokgrund was a lot of fun.

He was of average height and powerfully built. His black hair was neatly cropped and his two tusks were immaculate, decorated with thin strands of silver wire. He wore immaculate dark-blue clothing - a jacket, a pair of trousers, and fine boots. No, I did not forget to include the shirt. His primary weapon was a massive, intricately-carved greataxe that belonged to the founder of his dynasty.

MeeposFire
2020-08-11, 01:50 PM
"Here's the guy with too many weapons."

https://i.imgur.com/AAFIRlM.png

Love it. I like how he is riding his defender and the overall look of him.

nickl_2000
2020-08-11, 01:52 PM
I'll confess, I first read this as "A boomerang-wielding dinosaur riding a halfling". Gotta be a pretty small dinosaur to ride a halfling as a mount, but what a character concept!

A Velociraptor is tiny, by D&D rules it could easily ride a Halfling. It would be much harder for them to throw a boomerang with those little hands though.

Bosh
2020-08-11, 08:29 PM
I might as well toss my hat into this ring.

Thokgrund, Son of Dugthrán was a half-orc Ancestral Guardian. So far so standard, right? Well... he was also a Noble. Specifically, he was the youngest child of the current king of his homeland. He was a throwback to a more violent and warlike past, and he had been sent to the city where the game happened with his two brothers Dugthrán (his oldest brother, who did not approve of his shenanigans) and Harkûn (the middle brother, who quietly supported him) as part of a diplomatic mission. To the annoyance of Dugthrán, he did not, in fact, calm down and learn diplomacy. Instead, he was a hero who helped eliminate a local cult and prevent an invasion by elemental forces.

Did I mention he was color-blind, trusted (pretty much) everyone implicitly, and was incredibly excited about boats due to coming from a desert? Thokgrund was a lot of fun.

He was of average height and powerfully built. His black hair was neatly cropped and his two tusks were immaculate, decorated with thin strands of silver wire. He wore immaculate dark-blue clothing - a jacket, a pair of trousers, and fine boots. No, I did not forget to include the shirt. His primary weapon was a massive, intricately-carved greataxe that belonged to the founder of his dynasty.

Here we go...

https://i.imgur.com/VUziIir.png

Amechra
2020-08-12, 09:34 AM
I love it, especially the tusk bling.

Kobold_paladin?
2020-08-12, 11:37 AM
Here we go. My son has decided that his cloak is sentient and evil.

https://i.imgur.com/HAE0kwd.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ls9AHck.png

Those are wonderful. The idea about the cloak is also quite interesting. Artistic license, neh?

Every day now I look through my archive of character sheets and choose one. Today we have skolbak de guava, a Triton noble and master trident fighter. He wears scale mail and carries a trident. His helmet and paulderns have fin-things on them.

Also: Kuo-toa whip.

Particle_Man
2020-08-12, 08:14 PM
My concept for a character is a 3.5 edition raptoran (think bird not lizard) warmage (They like spells that go boom) who wants to prove herself in battle so as to impress the air elemental lords that she hopes are watching so that she could fight in their wars. So she is a beautiful dreamer. She would start at 10th level. Pretty and proud (neutral).

Gilphon
2020-08-12, 10:56 PM
Anselway is a gnomish fighter who wields a war pick in one hand and a shield that's almost as big as she is in the other. She's very nervous around things she doesn't understand (which is most things), but also very brave, refusing to put her allies in danger and always rushing in first.

She was exiled from her clan because she screwed up and got a lot of her people killed. She's immensely grateful to her new friends for taking her in, and is determined not to fail them like she failed her clan. She'll keep them alive, no matter what it takes.

Magicspook
2020-08-13, 02:39 AM
Glad to see that the best thread is still running.

FoxWolFrostFire
2020-08-13, 03:22 AM
This is the most wholesome thread I've ever seen in my time on the internet...anyways.
Thud of Clan Bouldercrash is a mountain dwarf. With short crewcut hair and a very thick chest length beard. He keeps his trusty twin headed battle axe at hand and as he is a battle eager is almost always in his armor covered head to toe in spikes most notable around his hands and chest.

Bosh
2020-08-13, 08:54 AM
Those are wonderful. The idea about the cloak is also quite interesting. Artistic license, neh?

Every day now I look through my archive of character sheets and choose one. Today we have skolbak de guava, a Triton noble and master trident fighter. He wears scale mail and carries a trident. His helmet and paulderns have fin-things on them.

Also: Kuo-toa whip.

Here we go...

https://i.imgur.com/yKk7i25.jpg

Bosh
2020-08-13, 08:56 AM
My concept for a character is a 3.5 edition raptoran (think bird not lizard) warmage (They like spells that go boom) who wants to prove herself in battle so as to impress the air elemental lords that she hopes are watching so that she could fight in their wars. So she is a beautiful dreamer. She would start at 10th level. Pretty and proud (neutral).

I especially like this one.

https://i.imgur.com/4aykfed.png

Bosh
2020-08-13, 08:57 AM
Anselway is a gnomish fighter who wields a war pick in one hand and a shield that's almost as big as she is in the other. She's very nervous around things she doesn't understand (which is most things), but also very brave, refusing to put her allies in danger and always rushing in first.

She was exiled from her clan because she screwed up and got a lot of her people killed. She's immensely grateful to her new friends for taking her in, and is determined not to fail them like she failed her clan. She'll keep them alive, no matter what it takes.

Here's this one.

https://i.imgur.com/Q0xwkLZ.png

Bosh
2020-08-13, 08:57 AM
This is the most wholesome thread I've ever seen in my time on the internet...anyways.
Thud of Clan Bouldercrash is a mountain dwarf. With short crewcut hair and a very thick chest length beard. He keeps his trusty twin headed battle axe at hand and as he is a battle eager is almost always in his armor covered head to toe in spikes most notable around his hands and chest.

And the last one for today.

https://i.imgur.com/cdwbI3B.jpg

nickl_2000
2020-08-13, 09:00 AM

I adore the spikes sticking through the beard in this. I feel like this would be a really fun little character quirk for a long bearded Dwarf to have to constantly be cleaning and styling his (or her) beard because the armor spikes keep messing it up.

Particle_Man
2020-08-13, 01:14 PM
I especially like this one.

https://i.imgur.com/4aykfed.png

Awesome sauce!

FoxWolFrostFire
2020-08-13, 06:36 PM

I love it!! Am I crazy to say I can already see improvement from this and the first posts? The kid has a real talent for it

Bosh
2020-08-20, 08:15 AM
Junior wants more so I've been doing some over here: https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/my-son-wants-to-draw-your-character.868061/
As well...

nickl_2000
2020-08-20, 08:48 AM
Alright, let's throw an old character into the ring for more to work on, if he wants

Lepo is a Moon Druid/Ranger and is high level (retired now). He wear dragonscale half-plate, has a bone shield made by his lizardfolk teammate, and carries a Staff of the Woodlands (often with shillelagh active). He wears a belt of Giant Strength and is therefore extremely strong. In combat he goes between using elemental forms (most Earth and Air, but occasionally Fire), and fighting in Melee with his Staff and the Booming Blade spell. He is highly interested in animals and is a veterinarian by trade and has the healer feat, carrying an anatomy book that he writes in frequently when he encounters a new beast he has not met before (this is actually how he gets new wildshape forms, by adding new entries into this anatomy book). If he finds the beast dead, he will dissect it to learn as much as he can prior to putting it into the ground or consuming it.

Early on in his career he spent much of his time in various Dinosaur forms, and often summoned dinosaur allies to aid him in combat.

He most often cast spell is Goodberry to feed his friends, and has had various NPC that joined him through his adventures including awakened trees, awakened shrubs, a Mammoth, and a Goldfish.

Since he is a high level character, there is a lot that he can work with if he wants to go nuts :smallsmile:

Democratus
2020-08-20, 09:21 AM
How have I not seen this thread before today?

This is amazing stuff! Thanks!

Magicspook
2020-08-20, 11:30 AM
Great to see this thread is not dead!

I have hesitated to put my own characters in here because I didnt want your son to get swamoed by all the requests, but since he's apparently running dry...

This night I dreamt of a character called 'Pal Licheburner'. That's the only bit I remember from the dream, so i am going to ask your son to design him for me.

The mood of the dream was a bit grimdark, so I'd say Pal is a gritty human fighter, with stubble on his cheeks disrupted by scars. He wears a motley assortment of armor covered by a brown cloak. His favourite weapon? The morning star, ideal for tearing and shattering undead flesh and bones.

Skylivedk
2020-08-20, 12:19 PM
A Velociraptor is tiny, by D&D rules it could easily ride a Halfling. It would be much harder for them to throw a boomerang with those little hands though.

I'll confess, I first read this as "A boomerang-wielding dinosaur riding a halfling". Gotta be a pretty small dinosaur to ride a halfling as a mount, but what a character concept!

It might bring you some happiness to know that as a Talenta Halfling, he is dressed to emulate the dinosaur he rides... Long Venetian looking mask, wingspan from wrist down to around the feet. They just crashed done githyanki airships. The encounter was short, but sweet ;-) (and filled with boomerangs that went boom)

Bosh
2020-08-20, 11:10 PM
Alright, let's throw an old character into the ring for more to work on, if he wants

Lepo is a Moon Druid/Ranger and is high level (retired now). He wear dragonscale half-plate, has a bone shield made by his lizardfolk teammate, and carries a Staff of the Woodlands (often with shillelagh active). He wears a belt of Giant Strength and is therefore extremely strong. In combat he goes between using elemental forms (most Earth and Air, but occasionally Fire), and fighting in Melee with his Staff and the Booming Blade spell. He is highly interested in animals and is a veterinarian by trade and has the healer feat, carrying an anatomy book that he writes in frequently when he encounters a new beast he has not met before (this is actually how he gets new wildshape forms, by adding new entries into this anatomy book). If he finds the beast dead, he will dissect it to learn as much as he can prior to putting it into the ground or consuming it.

Early on in his career he spent much of his time in various Dinosaur forms, and often summoned dinosaur allies to aid him in combat.

He most often cast spell is Goodberry to feed his friends, and has had various NPC that joined him through his adventures including awakened trees, awakened shrubs, a Mammoth, and a Goldfish.

Since he is a high level character, there is a lot that he can work with if he wants to go nuts :smallsmile:

https://i.imgur.com/e3pMawZ.png

"I'm bad at drawing dinosaurs!"

Bosh
2020-08-20, 11:12 PM
Great to see this thread is not dead!

I have hesitated to put my own characters in here because I didnt want your son to get swamoed by all the requests, but since he's apparently running dry...

This night I dreamt of a character called 'Pal Licheburner'. That's the only bit I remember from the dream, so i am going to ask your son to design him for me.

The mood of the dream was a bit grimdark, so I'd say Pal is a gritty human fighter, with stubble on his cheeks disrupted by scars. He wears a motley assortment of armor covered by a brown cloak. His favourite weapon? The morning star, ideal for tearing and shattering undead flesh and bones.

He looks more cheerful than I expected.

https://i.imgur.com/UMgSEtp.jpg

Magicspook
2020-08-21, 02:54 AM
He looks more cheerful than I expected.

https://i.imgur.com/UMgSEtp.jpg

Thank you! Bosh jr. Probably just caught Pal on a rare happy day.

I have a challenging one for him: Masque is a half-elf warlock beholden to Luthaera, the archfey of dreams, since she rescued him from a meenlock warren. During the same incident, Masque's personality was damaged in such a way that he lost his sense of self. Because of this, he always wears a mask but, more importantly, he's always covered in a layer of glamour (illusion magic ala disguise self, not the makeup version). He constantly switches appearance and identity like someone else would switch clothes.

His fighting style is flamboyant and involves throwing knives, eldritch blast and pact magic as well as some help from his loyal Bogle companion, Crowley.

nickl_2000
2020-08-21, 07:31 AM
https://i.imgur.com/e3pMawZ.png

"I'm bad at drawing dinosaurs!"

First of all, that is way better than I can draw dinosaurs and this is a fantasy world and they can look however he imagines them. Also, I don't want to be anywhere near that Dino's mouth when it bites, that thing would cause some serious damage. I love the elemental effects around him and the detail on the armor and staff. It really does a good job capturing Lepo. Please thank him again for me.

Thank you! Bosh jr. Probably just caught Pal on a rare happy day.

I have a challenging one for him: Masque is a half-elf warlock beholden to Luthaera, the archfey of dreams, since she rescued him from a meenlock warren. During the same incident, Masque's personality was damaged in such a way that he lost his sense of self. Because of this, he always wears a mask but, more importantly, he's always covered in a layer of glamour (illusion magic ala disguise self, not the makeup version). He constantly switches appearance and identity like someone else would switch clothes.

His fighting style is flamboyant and involves throwing knives, eldritch blast and pact magic as well as some help from his loyal Bogle companion, Crowley.

Pal looks less happy and more cocky to me, I really like the look on him.

Sneak Dog
2020-08-21, 10:09 AM
This thread is an absolute delight, and the lack of source material really shouldn't be an issue. Lets help not making it an issue.

Raldor the Black, half-orc paladin.
Raldor the black is a half-orc clad in plate armour designed foremost to show off lightning bolts and secondarily to look intimidating, later being painted over black. Raldor's a classic half-orc with mild tusks, brown-greenish skin and only one hand, the other being a hook. (It was lost with a friendly gesture, an unfortunate accident. How was I supposed to know the bag was filled with explosives, besides everyone around me being rather nervous?)

Not to be confused with Raldor the civilised (shudder), founder of Orcathia. A weak weird civilised opposite of Raldor. That was a weird meeting.

Ertwin
2020-08-21, 10:09 PM
Name: "Stone hooves" Ragoo

Ragoo is a centaur, and yes her hooves are made of stone (thanks to a medusa friend)

She also has a mohawk. She is a monk and a contortionist.

If she uses a weapon, she prefers a spear.

Bosh
2020-08-22, 02:13 AM
This thread is an absolute delight, and the lack of source material really shouldn't be an issue. Lets help not making it an issue.

Raldor the black is a half-orc clad in plate armour designed foremost to show off lightning bolts and secondarily to look intimidating, later being painted over black. Raldor's a classic half-orc with mild tusks, brown-greenish skin and only one hand, the other being a hook. (It was lost with a friendly gesture, an unfortunate accident. How was I supposed to know the bag was filled with explosives, besides everyone around me being rather nervous?)

Not to be confused with Raldor the civilised (shudder), founder of Orcathia. A weak weird civilised opposite of Raldor. That was a weird meeting.

I like this one...

https://i.imgur.com/xStYpXe.png

Bosh
2020-08-22, 02:17 AM
Name: "Stone hooves" Ragoo

Ragoo is a centaur, and yes her hooves are made of stone (thanks to a medusa friend)

She also has a mohawk. She is a monk and a contortionist.

If she uses a weapon, she prefers a spear.

She now has a pet monkey, because reasons.

https://i.imgur.com/C4Kqxvq.png

Ertwin
2020-08-22, 02:25 AM
She now has a pet monkey, because reasons.

https://i.imgur.com/C4Kqxvq.png

Excellent work. My compliments.

Sneak Dog
2020-08-22, 12:29 PM
I like this one...

These drawings are amazing. I love the ambiguously-evil moustache on Raldor the civilised (shudder) while Raldor the Black just has a pile of bones. Like night and day, eh?
I love this thread.

Samayu
2020-08-22, 07:08 PM
Request: Masha is a half orc fighter who wields a fancy sword. She likes to wear her pretty dress into combat.

Klorox
2020-08-23, 06:23 AM
I absolutely love this thread. It’s great.

If he has time, can he draw my character Ghildor, the high elf bladesinger wizard?

He uses a rapier and just learned fireball. His owl familiar is a good friend.

Particle_Man
2020-09-07, 02:44 AM
This is not a character I have played, and it is 3.5 but weird enough that it might be fund to draw: a Green Star Adept.

This one would be the LN totally devoted son of an LE green dragon mother (his father was a half-ogre, a former servant of hers that was set to betray her to some adventurers, and thus was eaten while the boy was young). She is reasonably satisfied with his loyalty, but partly to restrict his sorcerous abilities and partly to see what happens, has ordered him to seek out and consume the comet dust that makes one into the Green Star Adept (from Complete Arcane). He obeys his mother without question. Once she dies he goes to serve the kingdom or empire his human grandmother belonged to.

So, stat-wise, I am looking at half-dragon (green) half-ogre (races of destiny other half-human). This gives the character an LA of +5! I would take three levels of the half-dragon paragon class from Unearthed Arcana (I need the hp!) and then two levels of sorcerer, and then go for GSA for the last 10 levels. With a generous 32 point buy I would start out with Str 28 (+14), Dex 12 (-2), Con 14 (+4), Int 14, Wis 14, Chr: 14. Improve str twice and (then I am not sure; perhcance whatever has an odd number at the time?). Perhaps after his mother is slain, he might seek out the empire that his human grandmother was allegedly a servant of, and offer his service there.

I am not sure about spell choice yet, although Repair Serious Damage is obvious for a third level spell. I might even take Craft Wand!

Speaking of feats, I need Combat Casting and Multi-Attack (and Improved Multi-Attack) would be a good idea. Hover is cool. And there is a feat that gives you a secondary tail attack if you take it at chargen (called Dragon Tail). So I guess that is my six feats (I don't get the 7th feat pre-epic due to the +5 Level Adjustment).

Thematically it can work: There is a reason for the character to take a suboptimal prestige class, Green Half-Dragon and Green Star Adept have a symmetry, a 14 con and large size means that losing my con score at level 15 (ECL 20) will not change my hp negatively. And both the paragon class and GSA increases sorcerer caster level so I would end up having a familiar as a 2nd level sorcerer (probably a weasel for a dex save), spells known and spell slots as a 7th level sorcerer, and a caster level of a 15th level sorcerer.

As a large character I would have a fly speed of 60. I would also end up with a claw/claw/bite/slam (tail)/slam (kick?) natural attack routine, which is needed since my final BAB will be +11, modified to +10 due to size.

So this is not a powerhouse character. Could be a fun one though. I could either use natural attacks or fly up and throw javelins from a distance, as needed. I also can more easliy get spot, listen, move silently and hide (ok, not so great for large creatures) because of the paragon class.

Languages: Common, Draconic, Giant, and, Goblin perhaps? Maybe the goblins were the followers of his half-orge dad.

So this is a flying green living statue that was a half-dragon that has ogrish blood (so large size).

Malinthas
2020-09-08, 04:33 AM
Bosh, your boychik is very talented, and incredibly generous. I was hoping to return the favor. You mentioned that he is rolling up dozens of new characters lately. If he has a few favorites, I would be honored if he would let me do a 3D CGI Character Portrait for him! I can't match his skill with a pencil, but I can wrangle a computer fairly well.

Bosh
2021-04-03, 06:02 AM

Junior has gotten a bit more practice in. Here's a redo of this one.

https://i.imgur.com/juCHTym.png

nickl_2000
2021-04-05, 06:45 AM
Does he want more to draw? Also, I can't actually draw myself well (on paper, on a computer, really at all), but I am pretty handy with Heroforge's character creator. So, if he wants something designed there I would love to.

Segev
2021-04-06, 04:05 PM
If he still wants more to draw, I'm playing a cecaelia monk in a homebrew campaign right now. "Cecaelia" being what Ursela from The Little Mermaid are called, apparently.

Ikalos is a male Cecaelia who usually has dark-colored tentacles and slightly lighter torso, arms, and head. Loose mop of hair atop his head. When not trying to be stealthy, he has a military cloak on, and a series of sailors' tattoos (though the fact that they change regularly means they're optional and not really tattoos at all, so artists may vary what does or does not show up). He has a simple leather-cord necklace with a tiny sealed bottle tied to it, and a coral cube pierced through the cord. He also has a greatbow, a harpoon slung on his back, and aside from his quiver of arrows, he has one arrow he wears at his hip on a fancy belt he won at a festival. (The arrow is unbreakable and oversized, and he uses it like a rapier.)

He smiles a lot, varying from friendly and boyish to maliciously threatening, and he really enjoys playing "lurking terror" and grabbing people into the dark, like Batman or a horror monster.

Not sure how much of that helps with drawing, but I figure at least some of that should be fun to work with. If he's still interested. :smallsmile:

sethdmichaels
2021-04-07, 11:27 AM
this thread, and your kid, both rule so much.

if he's looking for more:

Shayel Qamar (goes by Shay) is a half-elf who was raised in a monastery. she appreciated the monastic training but really coveted the fire-magic of the sect's priests. she's an Open Hand Monk/Light Cleric multiclass. she wears a simple black gi, fights with a quarterstaff, keeps her dark purple hair up in two buns held in place with porcupine-quill darts, and wears her holy symbols on her arms - two small incense-burners that glow purple when she casts her spells.