PDA

View Full Version : Clone weirdness

Mr Adventurer
2020-08-04, 01:45 PM
Clone says "you can also choose to have the clone be a younger version of the same creature" and it also says that after awakening "the clone is physically identical to the original".

Does this mean that you could grow a baby clone ('younger version') which would then mature instantly upon activation to the same age as the creature at the time of its death?

Does it mean you can't use clones to stay forever younger?

Is this all working as intended?

Greywander
2020-08-04, 06:16 PM
I think "identical to the original" is meant to prevent you from changing your appearance (e.g. making yourself taller). The only thing that is explicitly allowed is making yourself younger.

There is one possible way that this wouldn't extend your lifespan, though. Does making yourself younger actually roll back your lifespan? I know there are a few abilities that make you age slower, but don't affect your total lifespan, so you still live as long as everyone else, but you're in your prime your entire life.

Dork_Forge
2020-08-04, 06:52 PM
I think "identical to the original" is meant to prevent you from changing your appearance (e.g. making yourself taller). The only thing that is explicitly allowed is making yourself younger.

There is one possible way that this wouldn't extend your lifespan, though. Does making yourself younger actually roll back your lifespan? I know there are a few abilities that make you age slower, but don't affect your total lifespan, so you still live as long as everyone else, but you're in your prime your entire life.

A good point but those abilities specifically call out that they don't prolong your life (like the Trasmuter's ability) so it can be assumed that unless it's explicitly stated, younger means living longer.

micahaphone
2020-08-04, 07:30 PM
"Well, I was gonna murder a bunch of orphans by drowning them in unicorn blood in order to become an undying lich, but then I realized that there's a spell that does the same thing but attracts far fewer pesky adventurers to my tower. Sleeping isn't that big a hassle anyway"

This thread makes me even more ready to dunk on liches.