PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Pages : [1] 2

oloknotwise
2007-10-30, 10:46 PM
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Chapter 1

With the dying of daylight, a fog creep across the land, clutching everything in its clammy grasp. Inside the Weary Horse Inn, though, the fire is warm enough, and if the few patrons are sullen and stare at you a little boldly, at least the food and drinks are good.
For an inn's common room, it's quiet. It holds no more than a handful of customers. They keep their voices low, and even the clink of their mugs seems subdued as the fog gathers outside. When the door swings open, every head turns to see who has arrived.
This new arrival body loudly stamps the mud off his boots in the doorway, then strides confidently over, throwing a letter down on the table in front of you.
"The village of Barovia is in need of heroes," he says in a thick accent, "You'll do as well as any." Without another word, he turns to leave.

We are just jumping right into the plot. So, as a partying group that has been together fr a few months, you will each know each other.
You have found yourselves at the Weary Horse Inn after another adventure, and in the common room, while drinking and eating, this mysterious figure hands you the letter.

Now go!

Holocron Coder
2007-10-30, 11:05 PM
Delorn

Caught off guard by the sudden entrance and exit, Delorn pauses with his mug poised at his lips. He glances at his fellows and sets the drink down before picking up the letter handed to them. The human is dressed simply, though a glimmer reveals the shiny chain underneath his clothing. At his sides hang a rapier and a shortsword, both well-kept. However, all of these pale in comparison to the amount of small gadgets hanging off his person. A bulging sack hangs off the back of his chair, a few small gizmos near spilling out.

"... I think he wanted to hire us for something," he notes, inspecting the letter's contents. Holding the letter to the light, Delorn reveals his black hair and common gray eyes.

Kellus
2007-10-30, 11:12 PM
Verily Deathspurn

Verily springs up. Laying a hand on the man's shoulder, he stops him from leaving prematurely. The hunter is tall and broad, but his face seems set in a perpetually morose expression. Brown hairs hangs loosely in front of red eyes. He clears his throat.

"Don't be so quick to leave. Who are you, and what is Barovia?"

13_CBS
2007-10-30, 11:30 PM
The Ever Smiling

One man, oddly enough, is gently corkscrewing in the air, as if to imitate the burning roast in the nearby cooking pit. A cape made of what seems to be flickering, opaque shadows flutter behind and around him like a cloak. He is skeletally thin yet wiry, as though an otherwordly force gripped his sinews in place. A dark grey mask with a twisted grin painted on the mouth obscures the whole face, framed by unruly dark hair.

"Strangeness from strangeness finds strangeness in the unstrange, yes?" cackles a voice from beneath the mask, as though the man was chuckling. "Will you unleash the words, Trapsman?" he asks, speaking towards Delorn.

The Ever Smiling continues to slowly spin overhead.

Dragoon
2007-10-30, 11:55 PM
Aidan

Used to his companion's actions and not wanting to draw attention to it he turns toward the stopped guard. "Stay good sir and have a drink, you obviously need it." He smiles, trying to show the guard that his comrade means no harm.

oloknotwise
2007-10-31, 12:00 AM
"Barovia lies to the west, a full days ride. It is best that you leave at first light." With that said, the mysterious man turns back around, ignoring the other questions and begins to make his way out of the inn.

oloknotwise
2007-10-31, 12:07 AM
The Letter

Barovia. The worms creep beneath ours floors and our streets, they feast on the flesh of our dead. High in the castle, the once lord no longer, the new lord is not yet, without form, void. All is void and vanity.
Ireena, Ireena, Ireena! Long have I kept you at my side, long will I keep you close to my heart! Save my Ireena!
I am the Burgonmaster. The Master! Kolyan am I! Soon the worms will feast on me.
Come! Do not tarry!

Delorn: this is the letter that you read. You may choose to read it out loud or not.

Holocron Coder
2007-10-31, 07:18 AM
Delorn

"Unleashing the letter is not such a deal. Although, the writer seems to have been a bit... unhinged," Delorn comments, passing the letter around to his companions.

After the group has looked it over, he asks, "So, this sounds interesting to me. What say the rest of you?"

13_CBS
2007-10-31, 07:41 AM
The warlock abruptly stops spinning and faces his party.

"A lord-not-lord of worms, is he? Pining for the flesh?" he asks, cocking his head slightly to the right.

"Heh heh heh...need you even ask, Trapmaster?

ZeroNumerous
2007-10-31, 12:20 PM
Lana

The thin, gray elf woman looks up from her book to comment about the letter in her normal, detached voice and tone.

"Did anyone else notice a problem? This 'Burgonmaster', appears to exist when the lord does not. I may not know alot about humans, but I can say that they don't leave other humans in charge when they leave their precious toys behind. My thoughts are that this letter is but the ravings of a madman, one who should be put down to spare others his insanity."

Dragoon
2007-10-31, 02:35 PM
Aidan

Looking at the letter last, Aidan looks up after Lana response and responds,
"Perhaps the former lord was forcefully replaced by this 'Burgonmaster.' Though usually those replaced this way are killed, unless Lana right about him being mad, which may mean we could also help him without ending his life." He looks back at the letter again, trying to see what history he can remember about the village.

[roll0]

Kellus
2007-10-31, 06:35 PM
Verily

Frowning, Verily considers the letter. "It may be a deceit of some kind, but it could also be that someone genuinely needs help. I would have us look into it on the morning. A full day's ride to the west... Yes, I think it best we investigate."

Glancing up, he looks at his companions, smiling slightly at the floating warlock. "Any other ideas?"

oloknotwise
2007-10-31, 06:51 PM
Aidan's check result:
Hundreds of years ago, Count Strahd von Zarovich conquered Barovia and moved his family his family to the valley, fortifying Castle Ravenloft and raising it to new grandeur.

As you contemplate the letter and its information, you realize that it is getting late and the bartender is beginning to rush some of the less sober patrons out the door.

13_CBS
2007-10-31, 07:01 PM
The warlock floats down to the ground and lands with arms behind his back.

"Insanity? Or madness? The first is praise-worthy, the second is corruption.

This lord-not-lord of worms must be unearthed, yes? To the dying sun we go?"

He glances around the emptying tavern.

"The sun has died, and thus our time to die. " Smiling jerks his head towards the rooms, indicating for rest.

Kellus
2007-10-31, 09:11 PM
Verily

Glancing out of the corner of his eye at the masked warlock, Verily frowns at the mention of death.

"Been there," he mutters under his breath. Raising his voice, he addresses the group. "Our friend is correct. The sooner we turn in for the night, the sooner we can get to the bottom of this. I shall see you all at dawn."

Collecting his things, he nods to the bartender and proceeds to his room.

Holocron Coder
2007-10-31, 10:20 PM
Delorn

"It is indeed late... we depart tomorrow?" the trapmaker enquires. Upon a confirmation, he'll depart to his room and tinker with his gadgets and trap tools for a time, before turning in for the next day.

Dragoon
2007-11-01, 02:38 PM
Aidan

Neither names I remember seem to connect to town anymore, rats.
"Looks like we have agreed then, in the morning then," Aidan smiles and takes the letter with him and heads to his room to sleep.

13_CBS
2007-11-01, 08:50 PM
The warlock nods and floats his way up to his room without a word.

oloknotwise
2007-11-01, 11:04 PM
As you all head off to bead, the bartender nods and quietly says "good night". At the break of dawn, you all feel completely rested and ready to go. After all of the preparations are made, the bartender's wife hugs each of you goodbye and send you off in the direction of Barovia.

The preparations mean that you have done stuff like prepare spells and the like. You can re-prepare your spells or just keep the same ones that you prepared before the campaign.

All of you are well rested. The bartender's wife has also given you each one more set of rations.

After a long days walk, you come to Barovia just after sunset. A fog quickly settles in.

Gray in the fog, high stone pillars loom up from the impenetrable woods on both sides of the road. Huge iron gates hang from the stonework, dew clinging to their rusting bars. Standing before the pillars are two stone statues of armed guardians with wicked polearms. Their carved heads lie among the weeds at their feet, neatly broken from the stone shoulders. As you pass through the gates, they mysteriously close behind you. Walking a little further into the village, you realize that the village resembles more of a warzone than a peaceful village. The streets are choked with mist, limiting vision to only a few dozen feet. The buildings here at the edge of town look abandoned, burned out, or barricaded. Garbage litters the ground, and a carrion stench assaults your nose. Ahead, an overturned cart block the street.

Here is where your first encounter comes in. Please roll for initiative and position yourselves on any square between E14-H14 and E15-H15 (spot and listen checks will require either a move or standard action). You each have one round to do something before the actual encounter starts. If you fail to post from now and my update tomorrow night (about the same time, since I work), I will assume your character does not do anything. At this time, you do not see anything other than the feint shape of the cart. The two doors closest to you will require strength checks to open.

Here is the map:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE1.png

13_CBS
2007-11-02, 07:53 AM
The Ever Smiling
Warlock 6
AC: 16
Will: 5
Ref: 5
Fort: 4
HP: 36/36

If TES already has Fell Flight on, he will start at F15, fly upwards 30 feet, and then cast Entropic Warding. If not, he will start at F15, cast Fell Flight, and move 30 feet up.

"Madness. This is Madness."

Dragoon
2007-11-02, 11:37 AM
Aidan

Looks trouble definitely made it here. Pulling out his bow Aidan looks around, trying to see what else he can notice.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll=spot]1d20+5]

Holocron Coder
2007-11-02, 02:04 PM
Delorn

Grimacing at the scene, Delorn pulls both of his weapons from their sheaths, glancing around at the village wreckage.

Standing in E15.
Move action to draw weapons.
Standard action to Spot / Listen
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Statistics:
HP - 31/31
AC - 18

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-02, 04:07 PM
Lana

The elven woman quietly weaves a simple protective spell around herself. With that, she grows ready to let others lead the way into the jaws of death.

HP: 24
Initiative: 10
AC: 14(14/14)

Casting Mage Armor.

Standing at G-15. And shouldn't fighters be in the front?

Dragoon
2007-11-02, 04:51 PM
In H15 square. Sorry about that.
hp=25/25 ac 17 flat 15 touch 12

Kellus
2007-11-02, 06:46 PM
Verily
HP: 50/50|AC: 18 (touch 9, flat-footed 18)|Fort +14|Ref +5|Will +6

The hunter stalks forward slowly, his greataxe in hand. Squinting his eyes, Verily stays alert for any sign of trouble as he takes in the devastation in the streets.

"Something's not right..." he murmurs.

Starting at F14 and moving 20ft. north to F10. Readying a standard action to attack anything hostile that tries to strike him.

Initiative: [roll0]

oloknotwise
2007-11-03, 01:04 AM
As Verily and The Ever Smiling move up, they (as does Lana) see that two zombies are behind the overturned cart. Another stands off to the side with a hungry look on its undead face. Two gore-streaked, four-footed animals that resemble a cross between a wolf and a rat bot fight over a finger. However, their attention quickly turns to the warlock and the paladin. Their eyes glimmer with a rabid fury.

You all realize that the zombies are dressed in commoner's clothing and resemble simple people.

In the distance, you each here people yelling briefly, then all goes silent.

Here is the map for the beginning of the first round:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE1Round1.png

Initiative Order:
22 (+6) - ?
13 (+0) - Zombies
11 (+3) - TES
10 (+0) - Lana
5 (+3) - Delorn
4 (+2) - Aidan
1 (+0) - Carcass Eaters
1 (-1) - Verily

Now you may post for round 1. I will then make it happen.

Please note that everyone sees the single zombie not behind the cart. However, only TES and Verily (and Lana) see the zombies behind the cart.

13_CBS
2007-11-03, 08:45 AM
The Ever Smiling
Warlock 6
Will: +5
Ref: +5
Fort: +4

"Ah, two that hunger for flesh, and three unsleeping, one seen, two obscured..."

He raises a hand to point out the two behind the cart, and quickly shifts that hand towards the carcass eater on the right and lets out a blast of Eldritch energy.

Eldritch Blast on Carcass Eater D5, ranged touch attack:

[roll0]

Kellus
2007-11-03, 12:47 PM
Verily
HP: 50/50|AC: 18 (touch 9, flat-footed 18)|Fort +14|Ref +5|Will +6

Seeing the zombified corpses, Verily raises his axe and charges in to attack.

Verily will charge at the nearest zombie with line of effect to him. If they haven't moved, that means the zombie at I5. Otherwise, any zombie that qualifies for a charge. Preferably one that's undamaged.

+2 attack, -2 AC, then. Power attacking for 3.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: Axe: [roll1]
Favored enemy: +2
Favored power attack: +9
Augment crystal: [roll2]

Holocron Coder
2007-11-03, 01:08 PM
Delorn

"Zombies..." Delorn mutters, spitting to the side, even as he moves forward to join the fray.

Move Action: Forward to E9
Standard Action: Partial Defense (+2 AC)

HP: 31/31
AC: 20*
Fort: +6
Ref: +10
Will: +2

*Being next to the wall gives him partial cover against certain targets, I believe.

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-03, 05:22 PM
Lana

The elven woman weaves yet another spell, this one conjuring forth a ten foot square of icky black grease upon the ground right below their zombie enemies. "I would not step on that, if I were you."

Grease on E4. It should be wide enough to catch F-G4 and the carrion eater at D5. DC 19 Reflex Save(11+6+2) or they fall prone and must spend an action standing.

Dragoon
2007-11-03, 05:53 PM
Aidan

Great it sounds like others are in trouble. This one shouldn't take too long.Seeing the zombie creature and wondering about his comrades actions, Aidan moves to a better position to hit the zombie with one of his arrows.

Move to G13 and shot the zombie he sees so it doesn't get partial cover, unless it moved to a different location and he can hit it from the square he's in.
hp=25/25 ac17 touch 12 flat 15 r/3 f/6 w/9 +3 against energy drain, inflict, and death effects
[roll0]
[roll1]

oloknotwise
2007-11-03, 10:54 PM
Map after round 1 (I forgot to add the legend, so use the previous one, and the dark gray spots are the grease effected spots):
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE1Round2.png
See OOC for special notes.

Battle effects (in order of initiative):
-?
-The zombie in F4 moves to F8 and attacks TES, dealing 4 points of damage (after DR). TES needs to make a fortitude save.
-The zombie in G4 moves to H9
-The zombie in G9, tries to attack TES, but misses greatly
-The door between H2 and I2 opens
-The door between D3 and E3 opens
-Another zombie groans
-TES shoots an Eldrich Blast at the Carcass Eater in D5, which collapses
-Lana casts grease that occurs in D5, E5, E4 and F4
-Delorn moves to E9, and takes a stance against the wall
-Aidan moves to G13 and shoots the zombie now in G9 (the one he could see) and hits it squarely in the chest. However, if fails to do anything.
-The other (non-dead one) moves to E8 and attacks Delorn, just barely connecting (deals 2 points of damage)
-Verily charges at the zombie now in G9, bu misses with his great axe.

Initiative:
22 (+6) - ?
13 (+0) - Zombies
11 (+3) - TES
10 (+0) - Lana
5 (+3) - Delorn
4 (+2) - Aidan
1 (+0) - Carcass Eaters
1 (-1) - Verily

To make things simple, I am going to do the zombies' and the ?'s turns now to let the rest of you make you moves depending on that. It should help. So, the first bit of the second round:
-A medium monstrous centipede appears in G12 and tries to attack Aidan, but misses
-A skeletal figure walks out from the shadows of the alley (moves to I12, TES needs to make a will save).
-The zombie in F8 attacks TES again, but misses.
-The zombie takes a five-foot-step (to H10) and attack Verily, and deals 8 points of damage (Verily needs to make a fortitude save).
-The other zombie (G9) also attack Verily, and also hits for 5 points of damage (make another fortitude save).
-A zombie walks out the door (I2) and moves to H7.
-Another zombie walks out of the other door (D3) and attempts to move across the grease, but slips and falls.
-Yet another zombie walks out from behind the door (D3), and attempts to walk around the fallen zombie, but slips and falls in F4.

Now the rest of you can post.

Kellus
2007-11-03, 11:17 PM
Verily
HP: 37/50|AC: 18 (touch 9, flat-footed 18)|Fort +14|Ref +5|Will +6

Steeling himself from the zombies' scraping blows, Verily hefts his axe and slashes twice at the undead horror in front of him. As he strikes, he focuses his mind and calls upon the natural order of the universe to aid his blows. With a sudden flash of insight, everything falls into place for him as he realizes how best to place his attacks.

Raising his voice, Verily cries out in fury. "For Pelor!"

First, two Fort saves.

1) [roll0]
2) [roll1]

Bear in mind that its +4 to death effects, and he's immune to disease. :smallsmile:

Swift action to activate Law Devotion, which will last for 10 rounds (1 minute). Allocating the entire bonus to attacks, so +3 on attack rolls for a minute.

Next up, full attack against the zombie in G9.

First attack [PA for +4]: [roll2]

First damage
Greataxe: [roll3]
Augment Crystal: [roll4]
Favored Power Attack: +12
Favored Enemy: +2

Second attack [PA for +1]: [roll5]

Second damage
Greataxe: [roll6]
Augment Crystal: [roll7]
Favored Power Attack: +3

Dragoon
2007-11-04, 01:33 AM
Aidan

I guess I won't be able to injury the monsters with my bow.
Aidan grabs his holy symbol and points it toward the zombie mass. "Elhonna, help me bring light against the darkness!

[roll0] [roll1]
hp=25/25 ac17 touch 12 flat 15 r/3 f/6 w/9 +3 against energy drain, inflict, and death

13_CBS
2007-11-04, 01:46 AM
The Ever Smiling
Warlock 6

"Walking bones stalk ye, Spellmaker," warns the warlock to Lana.

The warlock flies away from the hectic melee and lets out another blast, this one aimed at the skeleton in the alleyway.

TES flies to E12, still 15 feet above the ground as a move action. He will then use an Eldritch Blast against the newcoming skeleton.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-04, 03:46 AM
Lana

With practiced skill, Lana digs around her backpack for a few seconds. She then produces a glowing orb that sheds bright light like molten lead. She aims the orb toward the skeletal being and focuses for a second.

Using my Radiant Sphere. It automatically sheds bright light in a 20' radius and shadowy illumination in a 40' radius.

Ranged Touch: [roll]1d20+2[/roll
Damage [roll0]
Crit Chance: [roll1]
Crit-Damage [roll2]

Stats:
HP - 24
AC - 14

Holocron Coder
2007-11-04, 01:10 PM
Delorn

Grunting at the small hit, Delorn retreats a few, careful steps. Quickly, he reaches into his pack and assembles a hasty trap, dropping it between him and the zombie.

5ft Step to E10
Move Action to retrieve Trap Kit from gear
Standard Action to create/set Scorcher Trap on E9

Scorcher Trap
[roll0] (Ref DC 15 for half)

Stats:
HP - 29/31
AC - 18
Fort - +6
Ref - +10
Will - +2

oloknotwise
2007-11-04, 05:19 PM
Map at the end of round 2:
CLICK ME (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE1EndRound2.png)
Legend:
Pink: Medium Monstrous Centipede
Dark Red: Skeleton
Dark Green: Zombies
Dark Yellow: Carcass Eater
Green: Delorn
Purple: The Ever Smiling (in the air)
Hellfire Red: Verily
Aqua: Aidan
Blue: Lana

Events of this round (I included the zombies and the skeleton's actions again to have it all in one spot):
-A medium monstrous centipede appears in G12 and tries to attack Aidan, but misses
-A skeletal figure walks out from the shadows of the alley (moves to I12) and tries to cast a spell on TES, but fails.
-The zombie in F8 attacks TES again, but misses because TES is too far in the air :smallwink:.
-The zombie takes a five-foot-step (to H10) and attack Verily, and deals 8 points of damage (Verily needs to make a fortitude save).
-The other zombie (G9) also attack Verily, and also hits for 5 points of damage (make another fortitude save).
-A zombie walks out the door (I2) and moves to H7.
-Another zombie walks out of the other door (D3) and attempts to move across the grease, but slips and falls.
-Yet another zombie walks out from behind the door (D3), and attempts to walk around the fallen zombie, but slips and falls in F4.
-TES flies to E12 and shoots an eldrich blast at the skeleton, but overshoots the boney figure.
-Lana fires a beam of light from her Radiant Sphere at the skeleton, causing severe damage to it. It seems to just barely stand.
-Delorn sets a trap in E9.
-Aidan turns undead, causing then skeleton to turn around and flee as far as it could down the alley form which it came, only to run into a dead end.
-Hungry, the Carcass Eater makes a five-foot-step after Delorn, setting off his trap and ends up being fully scorched. It attacks Delorn with its claws and it bite, dealing a total of 4 points of damage.
-Verily slashes at the zombie, causing severe gashes to appear, however his second strike fails to connect.
-End of Round-

Initiative Order:
22 (+6) - Skeleton/Centipede
13 (+0) - Zombies
11 (+3) - TES
10 (+0) - Lana
5 (+3) - Delorn
4 (+2) - Aidan
1 (+0) - Carcass Eater
1 (-1) - Verily

Here are the events for the Skeleton and the Zombies in the beginning of the third round:
-The skeleton continues to cower in the alley (turned).
-The Centipede bites Aidan dealing 3 points of damage (Aidan needs to make a Fortitude Save)
-A zombie (F8) moves to (AoO from Verily and Delorn) F10 and attacks Delorn, but misses.
-A zombie (H10) attacks Verily, but misses.
-The zombie that was attacked by Verily (G9) attacks Verily dealing 10 points of damage.
-A zombie (H7) moves to H9 and attacks Verily, but misses.
-The zombie that fell on the grease (E4) tires to get up, but does not manage to do so.
-The other zombie on the ground on the grease (F4) also tries to get up, but cannot.

You may post now.

13_CBS
2007-11-04, 05:34 PM
The Ever Smiling
Warlock 6

The Ever Smiling, noticing Verily's situation, lets out another blast at his zombie attackers.

"You seem beleaguered, Death Hunter..."

TES will fire an Eldritch Blast at the Zombie at G9. He DOES NOT take a penalty to his attack roll due to his Precise Shot feat.

Kellus
2007-11-04, 06:42 PM
Verily
HP: 27/50|AC: 21 (touch 12, flat-footed 21)|Fort +14|Ref +5|Will +6

The hunter smiles grimly. "Hardly," he calls up to The Ever Smiling's feet. "Death is no obstacle for Pelor's radiance," he cries out as he delivers two more massive swings of his axe to the putrid corpses.

Pausing, he calls out to Aidan. "Although Aidan, I could use some divine cleansing, if you can spare it!"

Full Attack on the zombie I already hit. If the first one takes him out, the second will be against the other adjacent zombie.

Three Fort saves.

1) [roll0]
2) [roll1]
3) [roll2]

Swift action to reallocate Law Devotion to AC, bumping it up to AC 21 for this round. 9 rounds of duration remain.

First attack [PA for +2]: [roll3]

First damage
Greataxe: [roll4]
Augment Crystal: [roll5]
Favored Power Attack: +6

Second attack [PA for +0]: [roll6]

Second damage
Greataxe: [roll7]
Augment Crystal: [roll8]
Favored Power Attack: +0

EDIT: Sorry, misread the actions. I only needed one Fort save, so you can use that first one if you want. :smallsmile:

EDIT THE SECOND: Remember that since Lana goes first, if grease knocks the zombie in G9 prone, either or both of my attacks potentially have a +4 bonus against it. :smalltongue:

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-04, 08:30 PM
Lana

The elf quickly replaces her Radiant Sphere, obscuring it's brilliant light amid her backpack. She then focuses for a second and begins weaving another spell of arcane power. In a flash, more inky black grease appears upon the battlefield, right beneath the feat of several zombies.

Casting grease again, this time on G8. This way it pegs the zombies standing around G8 and forces DC 19 Reflex saves versus falling prone.

Dragoon
2007-11-05, 12:02 AM
Aidan

Taking a step away from the centipede, slightly worried about what summoned it. "I am slightly in trouble good sir, give me a moment." He concentrates on a spell.

[roll0]and +3 if energy drain.
Takes a five foot step back and casts Light of Veyna
hp 22/25 ac 17 touch 12 flat 15

Holocron Coder
2007-11-05, 03:14 PM
Delorn

Taking advantage of the nearby undead's movement, Delorn takes a quick swing at it. Then, ignoring that creature for the time being, Delorn attempts to butcher the fried carcass in front of him.

AoO on Undead moving to F10.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Full Attack on Undead in E9
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

HP - 25/31
AC - 18
Fort - +6
Ref - +10
Will - +2

oloknotwise
2007-11-05, 07:30 PM
Map at the end of round 3:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/Encounter1EndRound3.png
Legend:
Pink: Medium Monstrous Centipede
Dark Red: Skeleton

Events of Round 3:
-The skeleton continues to cower in the alley (turned).
-The Centipede bites Aidan dealing 3 points of damage. As the bite hits, Aidan feels slightly less dexterous (2 points of Dex damage, poison).
-A zombie (F8) moves to F10 and attacks Delorn, but misses. In the meantime, both Verily and Delorn are able to strike it as it moves.
-A zombie (H10) attacks Verily, but misses.
-The zombie that was attacked by Verily (G9) attacks Verily dealing 10 points of damage.
-A zombie (H7) moves to H9 and attacks Verily, but misses.
-The zombie that fell on the grease (E4) tires to get up, but does not manage to do so.
-The other zombie on the ground on the grease (F4) also tries to get up, but cannot.
-The Ever Smiling fires his Eldrich blast at the severely damaged zombie. After taking the blow, it looks like it could hardly stand much more.
-Lana casts Grease, affecting G8, H8, G9 and H9. The zombie (G9) slips on the grease and falls, but the other one just barely manages to stay up (H9).
-Delorn strikes the Carcass Eater, but his first blow fails to connect. The second attack does connect, killing the beast.
-Aidan casts Light of Venya (after taking a step back), causing his body to emit a pearly light and lighting up the area.
-Verily strikes the prone zombie, watching its body break into pieces. He turns his attention to the other zombie (H10), slashing at it and damaging it.
-End Round 3-

Initiative Order:
22 (+6) - Skeleton/Centipede
13 (+0) - Zombies
11 (+3) - TES
10 (+0) - Lana
5 (+3) - Delorn
4 (+2) - Aidan
1 (-1) - Verily

Beginning of round 4:
-The skeleton still cowers in the alley.
-The centipede steps forward and tries to bite Aidan, but fails to do so.
-A zombie (F10) attacks Delorn, dealing 10 points of damage (Delorn needs to make a fortitude save).
-A zombie (H10) attacks Verily, but fails to connect.
-Yet another zombie (H9) attacks Verily, hitting with amazing accuracy, dealing 8 points of damage.
-The two zombies (E4 and F4) are still sliding around on the grease and are not able to get up.
-TES fires an Eldrich blast at the centipede, causing it to disappear from existence.
-(At the beginning of Lana's turn) The zombie standing in the grease (H9) slips on the grease and falls prone.

Go post!

13_CBS
2007-11-05, 11:32 PM
The Ever Smiling
Warlock 6

Smiling eyes the disappearing centipede with suspicion, but then raises his hand to fire another blast...

Edit: TES will launch another eldritch blast at the centipede:
Attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Kellus
2007-11-06, 12:34 AM
Verily
HP: 19/50|AC: 18 (touch 9, flat-footed 18)|Fort +14|Ref +5|Will +6

Dropping one of the zombies, Verily, swings around to catch its comrade with his axe. Panting, he calls out. "I begin to suspect these aren't standard-issue zombies, my friends!"

Full Attack on the zombie in H10. If the first hit kills it with TES' help, second attack on the one in F10. Reallocating Law Devotion entirely to attack. Let's get this bugger! :smalltongue:

First attack [PA for +4]: [roll0]

First damage
Greataxe: [roll1]
Augment Crystal: [roll2]

Second attack [PA for +1]: [roll3]

First damage

Holocron Coder
2007-11-06, 09:37 AM
Delorn

Grunting with the impact, Delorn counterstrikes with deadly force.

[roll0]

Full Attack on zombie in F10. Flanking in effect
[roll1]
[roll2]
Damage ('http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3472643#post3472643')

HP - 19/31
AC - 18
Fort - +6
Ref - +10
Will - +2

Dragoon
2007-11-07, 02:48 AM
Aidan

Feeling his body feel slower, Aidan is relieved to see the centipede removed as he tries to identify what happens. He then moves to the blast the skeleton down the alley that he had turn with his one of the light of Venya. "Begone!"

Move to H12 and shoot a ray at the skeleton in the alley.
[roll0][roll1]

oloknotwise
2007-11-07, 03:43 PM
Map at the end of round 4:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/Encounter1EndRound4.png
Legend:

Events of round 4 (including the ones I already posted):
-The skeleton still cowers in the alley.
-The centipede steps forward and tries to bite Aidan, but fails to do so.
-A zombie (F10) attacks Delorn, dealing 10 points of damage. Quickly afterwards, Delorn briefly feels something evil affect him, but nothing else happens.
-A zombie (H10) attacks Verily, but fails to connect.
-Yet another zombie (H9) attacks Verily, hitting with amazing accuracy, dealing 8 points of damage.
-The two zombies (E4 and F4) are still sliding around on the grease and are not able to get up.
-TES fires an Eldrich blast at the centipede, causing it to disappear from existence. Both The Ever Smiling and Lana realize that the centipede was summoned by a Summon Monster I spell.
-(At the beginning of Lana's turn) The zombie standing in the grease (H9) slips on the grease and falls prone.
-Lana quietly contemplates the events of this battle and considers her next move.
-Delorn tries to attack the flanked zombie, but fails to connect with both of his attacks.
-Aidan sends a bolt of light at the skeleton hiding in the alley after being turned. The bolt of light causes the skeleton to disintegrate. Meanwhile, the light surrounding Aidan is now only half as bright.
-Verily attacks the zombie beside him (H10), connecting with his axe, causing the zombie to collapse. Quickly, he turns to the zombie that just attacked Delorn (F10) and slices at it, taking a serious chunk out of it with his axe. There is not much left to that zombie.
-End Round 4-

Initiative Order:
13 (+0) - Zombies
11 (+3) - TES
10 (+0) - Lana
5 (+3) - Delorn
4 (+2) - Aidan
1 (-1) - Verily

Beginning of round 5:
-With both Delorn and Verily on either side of it, the zombie (F10) tries to attack verily, but narrowly misses.
-The other three zombies (E4, F4 and H9) all now prone on the ground in the grease fail to get up.

13_CBS
2007-11-07, 04:44 PM
"Spellmaker," calls out The Ever Smiling to Lana, "Be warned; another of your kin is about...

And with that, he launches another purple blast at the last, un-greased zombie.

Eldritch Blast (again!) at the zombie at F10.
[roll0]
[roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-07, 05:16 PM
Lana

"I recognized the banishment, madman. But for now, we stay focused." The elven woman is dismissive of the crazed man and his antics, but she takes a mental note of his intuitiveness.

Again, Lana digs out the radiant sphere, which sheds light much like Aidan does now. She takes a moment to focus on it. She surrenders one of her held spells, Light, to replenish the charge she used from the sphere. The molten light brightens again as the sphere becomes that much stronger.

Since the fight is pretty much over. Move action to retrieve the sphere. Standard action to give up a Light spell in order to replenish one of the sphere's charges for today.

Holocron Coder
2007-11-08, 11:12 AM
Delorn

Not feeling so well, Delorn attacks the zombie again, hoping to end the battle quickly.

Full Action Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]*

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]*

*Half counts against Undead/Constructs/etc

HP - 9/31
AC - 18
Fort - +6
Ref - +10
Will - +2

Dragoon
2007-11-09, 04:13 PM
Aidan

Thinking perhaps the skeleton that he destroyed was the summoner, he remarks as he prepares to launch the last of the light if he sees another creature that threatens the party come forth."I may have slain that which brought the monster here, though I could be mistaken."

Readying an attack to fire the light of Venya for the next undead creature to appear.

Kellus
2007-11-09, 08:29 PM
Verily

Seeing his foes dropping, Verily cries out in triumph. "No being from beyond the grave can threaten the light of Pelor!"

Swinging his axe once more, the blade whistles through the air at the remaining zombies.

Aiming at F10 first, if dead, H9.

First attack [PA for +4]: [roll0]

First damage
Greataxe: [roll1]
Augment Crystal: [roll2]

Second attack [PA for +1]: [roll3]

First damage

oloknotwise
2007-11-10, 12:53 PM
Map at the end of Round 5:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/Encounter1EndRound5.png
Legend:

Events of Round 5:
Beginning of round 5:
-With both Delorn and Verily on either side of it, the zombie (F10) tries to attack verily, but narrowly misses.
-The other three zombies (E4, F4 and H9) all now prone on the ground in the grease fail to get up.
-The Ever Smiling fires an Eldrich Blast at the zombie (F10) threatening Delorn and Verily, blasting a large chunk out of undead corpse.
-Lana pulls out her Radiant Sphere once more and sacrifices her Light spell, causing the sphere to shine more brightly.
-Delorn attacks the flanked zombie (F10), connecting with two penetrating attacks. The zombie collapses after the first attack.
-Aidan turns his attention to the surrounding area to look for another Deathlock, but there is no sign of another one.
-With the flanked zombie no longer moving, Verily turns to the prone zombie in the grease (H9) and attacks it, slicing large chunks out of the corpse. The zombie fails to move after the attacks.
-End Battle-

With only two more zombies lying on the greased ground (which won't last forever...), there is no other current threats to the party in this area. You are free to explore the area.

Some things to note:
-Delorn feels nothing at the moment; no penalties, no illness, nothing.
-In about 45 seconds, Aidan takes another point of Dex damage.
-Use the map to find your way around. The doors with the barricades will require strength checks to open, while the doors on H10 and E11 have actually been broken down. The doors on H2 and E3 are wide open.
-Everyone gets 360xp, and feel free to search the overturned cart.
-You may attack the greased zombies, just roll.

13_CBS
2007-11-10, 02:11 PM
The Ever Smiling

"Mmmm...the restless have returned to slumber, comrades. I shall...sedate the other two. A perusal of the area could occupy your interests for now, yes?"

And with that, the warlock proceeds to shatter parts of the cart to expedite the search of its contents and flies off to blow away the other two zombies from a safe distance.

The Ever Smiling casts Baleful Utterance on, if applicable, the cart door so that if someone wants to search it they won't have to pry stuff off to get inside. If not applicable, TES will cast BU on the cart. Afterwards, he will fly to F5 and use Eldritch Blast on the zombies until they're dead.

Attack rolls (includes -4 to attack since the zombies are prone):

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Damage rolls:

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Holocron Coder
2007-11-11, 02:41 AM
Delorn

Cleaning his weapons on the zombie clothing with the least amount of dirt, Delorn sheathes his weapons and runs a hand over his face. What was that all about... Nothing now though, He thinks to himself, referring to the odd effect of the zombie's last attack.

Shaking his head, he sticks with the group, eventually shuffling over to the cart and inspecting its contents.

Search +13, feel free to roll :)

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-11, 02:52 AM
Lana

The elven woman heads down the alleyway to search the skeleton's remains. She keeps the Radiant Sphere out to light her way.

oloknotwise
2007-11-11, 08:28 PM
The Ever Smiling throws many blasts of of his Eldrich Blast at the prone zombies. Despite his best efforts, one still manages to squirm, but just barely.

Delorn makes his way over to the overturned cart to search the interior. Surprisingly, the cart doors open very easily. Inside, he finds that much of the contents are damaged or destroyed. However, he does scrounge up a bag full with 21,000 sp and a bottle with a liquid inside.

Lana walks down the alley to inspect the corpse of the skeleton, only to discover that it has a little bit of flesh still on its bone-thin figure. She fails to find anything, but does hear a crying baby in the house beside her.

If Lana is facing into the alley, or at L12, the crying is coming from her right, or the barricaded house at the bottom right of the map.

See above for the loot.

Dragoon
2007-11-12, 12:11 AM
Aidan

Feeling the pain as he walks with less Walking over to the two warriors, Aidan asks, "Could we finish the foul creatures off first, and do any of you need healing?"

If no one wants healing, Aidan'll cast lesser restoration on himself.

Holocron Coder
2007-11-14, 12:26 AM
Delorn

Stowing the bag of silver in his haversack, Delorn walks over to Aidan and offers the bottle of liquid. "I do not know what this is, but you may know. Additionally, if you, or someone, could spare some healing, I believe myself to be in need of it..."

To emphasize the point, he runs his hand over a rather large, zombie-inflicted bruise.

13_CBS
2007-11-14, 10:19 AM
The Ever Smiling

"Truly restless, hmm?

The warlock launches another salvo of blasts at the zombie and then proceeds to investigate the houses from the air for anything interesting.

Attacks:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Damages:

[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-14, 10:30 AM
Lana

The elven woman returns, as the skeleton offers no riches. "There is a baby in that building over there." She remarks to the rest of the group quite plainly. For all the care in the world, she could be speaking of the weather or the phase of the moon. "Chances are that it is going to die without someone to interfere." Again, she non-chalantly remarks about the inevitable death of an infant.

oloknotwise
2007-11-14, 11:19 AM
As The Ever Smiling launches his Eldrich Blasts at the remaining zombie, it eventually stops moving. Afterwards, going a bit higher, The Ever Smiling looks around at the houses in the area. However, he fails to see anything immediate, but through the fog TES can see a faint glimmer of light in the distance.

Dragoon
2007-11-14, 03:58 PM
Aidan

Aidan puts his holy symbol away. He takes the potion from Delorn and tries to identify the liquid from his studies. He then concentrations as he releases a charge from his belt, to heal his friend.

Hopefully won't need a arcana check for it,
[roll0]
[roll1]

Holocron Coder
2007-11-14, 04:18 PM
Delorn

Feeling much better, although not up to full, Delorn nods his thanks before glancing in the direction that Lana indicated. "No interest in finding out more, I see," he comments before heading that direction himself, looking for the source of the noise.

Listen +9, feel free to roll :) If he comes to any doors, etc, he'll go inside, cautiously.

Kellus
2007-11-14, 07:58 PM
Verily

Verily turns to the others, also curious about the noise.

Looking askance at Lana he remarks, "what? A child? How can you be so calm about that?"

Turning to Aidan, he grimaces. "I'm afraid the things tore me up pretty good. I could use some vitality if you can spare it."

Afterwards, he goes with Delorn to investigate the noise as well.

oloknotwise
2007-11-15, 12:54 AM
Delorn and Verily make their way to the house pointed out by Lana. However, as Delorn tries to make his way into the house, he realizes that the door will not move and it is bocked from the inside. He does not hear a baby crying, but he does hear a bit of movement inside.

Aidan inspects the liquid and tries to determine the contents. With a little thought, he determines that is has some magical, fiery properties, and can be damaging. However, he fails to determine the specifications of the liquid.

I rolled a strength check for Delorn, and he failed to get inside.

Everyone, feel free to make a strength check to get in the house. Diplomacy may work, but it will be difficult. Very difficult.

The liquid in the bottle is a wondrous item.

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-15, 07:21 AM
Lana

She touches Verily, channeling positive energy into his body to knit his wounds and refresh his body.

"Think about it, my friend. This place and it's people are dead. Even if the child is alive, it won't last the night. If it isn't alive, then the entire thing is a ploy to lure individuals inside."

[roll0]. Expending 2 charges from my healing belt to fix up Verily.

Knowledge Arcana for Aidan's liquid fire - [roll1]. If Lana determines anything about it, she'll inform Aidan and then offer to cast Identify in the morning, provided that she can scrounge up seventy gold.

13_CBS
2007-11-15, 09:22 AM
The Ever Smiling

Satisfied that the zombie was finally dead, the warlock turns his attentions to his surroundings and finds a speck of light. He then notices that his companions struggling with the door.

"A wisp of light yonder, yes? Obscured, yet unobscured...

Ah, the barrier. Shall I shatter it?"

If the party says yes, then TES will cast Baleful Utterance on the door to blow it open. If not, then TES will float about.

Dragoon
2007-11-15, 07:40 PM
Aidan

Hoping that Lana can understand what it is, Aidan walks toward her and offers her the vial. "It looks violatile, that's all I can tell." Looking towards the door, he continues, "Perhaps it is a trap, though sometimes, the best way to deal with one is to willing spring it. Though if the child is still alive and we want to keep it that way, we cannot leave it here. I leave it to everyone else about destroying the door."

Kellus
2007-11-15, 08:11 PM
Verily

The hunter tips his head at Lana. "Thank you, Lana. That eases the pain. I should be able to take it from here."

Turning to the warlock, Verily shrugs slightly.

"By all means, blow it to pieces. I have neither the time nor the patience to stand around doing nothing while more of these monsters roam the streets.

Also activating a charge from my own Belt of Healing: [roll0]

oloknotwise
2007-11-16, 01:40 AM
With the consent of Verily, the door of the house is blasted off with The Ever Smiling's Baleful Utterance invocation. With blast, a crying baby can be heard, as well as the screams of young children. Looking into the house, each of you see that it is initially empty. However, a few seconds later, two older-looking men (about 40 years of age each) and a younger-looking male slowly, and fearfully, make their way around the corner from a back room. They each carry a makeshift weapon, and do not look too threatening (compared to the zombies at least).

They stand in their place for a moment, each shaking with fear. However, one of the older men closely inspect Verily and Delorn. He realizes that you must be allies (the symbol of Pelor might do it), and they slowly lower their crude weapons.

The younger male drops his weapon completely and calls back in the house, "We are saved! Our saviors from the plague have come!" You hear a crying baby once again from the back, and a mother trying to console it.

Meanwhile, Lana inspects the liquid that Aidan holds. With close inspection, she determines that it is an Elixir of Fire Breath.

Dragoon
2007-11-16, 03:18 PM
Aidan

Relieved to see that there are some survivors, he gently asks, "Could you tell us about this plague? It sounds like it may have something to do with the monsters we just purged."

oloknotwise
2007-11-17, 01:26 AM
One of the older men look lowers his weapon even further and steps further, "The plague started a few days ago. It started by infecting a few, but it soon grew out of control. Anyone who came in contact with it turned into a zombie in a matter of seconds." The man pauses for a moment as two older women, one with a baby, and two young children come from the back. The children hide behind the older woman and stare at each of you with fear and curiosity.

"Those of us who still live have barricaded ourselves in houses, shops and other buildings. However, the town square is still holding, with many people huddled behind large barricades in the streets and behind locked doors," the man continues, "Please, for the safety of everyone in this house, take us to the town square. There we can help the other survivors and find a safe haven for our children."

13_CBS
2007-11-18, 10:29 AM
The Ever Smiling

"The square, hmm? A center for the living or a center for the incarcerated?

Shall we go and shatter their bonds?"

Dragoon
2007-11-18, 07:30 PM
Aidan

It sounds like we may have a problem, and I'm not prepared for treating this type of disease. Though at least I can deal with this poison that has hampered my movements.
"Perhaps, though it might be easier to clear the way first then bring them there, though I must deal with this poison first."

As Aidan concentrate and cast a spell on himself.

Starting to cast lesser restoration, 3 rounds,
[roll0]

oloknotwise
2007-11-19, 10:59 PM
The humans can easily guide you to the town square without any trouble, even through all of this fog. However, they are not great fighters, and in fact they won't prove to be much help in battle. Better keep them safe.

As you move on (in the supposed direction of the town square), Delorn begins to feel a bit ill.

By the lack of posting, I guess it is time to move on. You have a little bit of time to get anything else finished, like healing, before the next part comes up. If you want to explore the other houses, better do it now. I will start the next part on Wednesday, unless you guys get yourselves into some really bad trouble before heading on.

A note about the civilians:
They will not take part in any battle. They won't even be on the map for that matter, so don't worry about them. They have no real importance than to help you guys get to the town square even faster (you would have had to guess without them).

Delorn is sickened (-2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks).

Holocron Coder
2007-11-20, 09:15 AM
Delorn

Talking along with the group, the trapsmith runs a hand over his stomach. A queasy feeling centers there, causing him to lose focus in and out. At least I'm not alone here. Else some other zombie would probably sneak up on me.

Aloud, he speaks, "That zombie must've done a number on me... I don't feel so great."

Dragoon
2007-11-20, 03:59 PM
Aidan

Concern showing on his face as he asks, "Is there anything I could do to help?" Wishing that he had prepared another lesser restoration now.

Holocron Coder
2007-11-20, 10:38 PM
Delorn

Delorn grins with dark humor. "Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to know what particularly is wrong with me. It feels as if I have eaten bad rations. Very bad rations."

oloknotwise
2007-11-20, 11:37 PM
Hearing Delorn speak of his encounter with the zombie and his sudden illness, the older female speaks up.

"You said that a zombie made contact with you? Now you feel ill? That is similar to the symptoms that others had when they cam in contact with the zombies. Some that were saved from death managed to resist becoming zombies, however they still are very ill after all this time. The rest, however, became zombies as they perished from the zombies' (and the rabid street beasts') attack.

"You might be infected with the disease..."

The lady takes a step back from Delorn; there is a look of fear in her eyes.

Dragoon
2007-11-21, 12:35 PM
Aidan

Seeing the look of fear on the old woman's face and not wanting the townspeople to be afraid of his friend, Aidan responds,
"If he has a disease, I can ask Ehlonna for the ability to remove the disease. I'm sure she will grant me the power tomorrow," and he then switches to celestial, "and I hope that the town square isn't overrun by the undead spawn." As he continues to keep his eyes open, knowing that his reflexes are damaged until he can rest.

13_CBS
2007-11-21, 06:31 PM
The Ever Smiling

"And off we go, hmm?

Before we tread this sodden earth, are there flesh gashes I must mend?" TES whips out his healing wand, ready to stitch the wounds of his comrades.

oloknotwise
2007-11-22, 12:59 AM
Though the civilians are still worried about Delorn's condition, you seem to temporarily move on. However, it is not long before things begin to seem a little... weird.

The ever present mists clear slightly, revealing a human body lying face down in the street amid the garbage. One of the buildings facing the street has its door smashed in.

Currently, all you see is a body lying in the street.

Map:
Here (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE2.png)

Where's what you do:
Place your character on any square between A6-9 to E6-9. Everyone gets one free round before the commencement of the encounter. Like before, listening and spotting (together) will require one action. Roll for initiative.

Notes:
-Delorn is still sickened
-The civilians will do nothing and will not take part in the encounter
-Since TES offered some healing, and no one replied yet, I will allow him to heal two party members before the encounter and the free round(as if done while walking to this location).
-Good luck...

13_CBS
2007-11-23, 10:23 AM
The Ever Smiling

The warlock wordlessly checks the area for suspicious things...

Taking 1 full round to listen and spot:

Listen
[roll] 1d20+9 Spot

Initiative: [roll1]

If there is still time, he will swoop down to heal Verily and Delorn.

Expending 2 charges from CLW wand:

[roll2]
[roll3]

And then place himself at A6 at the same altitude at which he was healing, which should be...5 feet in the air?

Holocron Coder
2007-11-23, 03:15 PM
Delorn

Cautiously, the trapmaster walks towards the front of the group, accepting healing from their touched friend before scanning the scene. This doesn't look good...

Standing at E7
Spot +9
Listen +9
Initiative +3

HP - 24/31*
AC - 18

*Before healing. That +7 heal would put him at full, but I don't know what Verily is at.

Dragoon
2007-11-25, 08:14 PM
Aidan

Quietly looking at his surroundings, Aidan silently watches and waits, worried that perhaps the main area is not so safe anymore.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

oloknotwise
2007-11-27, 11:55 PM
Battle!
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE2Begining.png

Initiative Order/Legend:
-Dark Orange on the roof of a house: Human Bat Heads (21)
-Green: Delorn (18)
-??? (16)
-Purple and 5' in the air: The Ever Smiling (15)
-Light Blue: Aidan (12)
-Blue: Lana (10, didn't roll, so I did)
-Hellfire: Verily (7, see Lana)
-Dark Green: Zombies (5)

Right before the encounter, Delorn, Aidan and The Ever Smiling all hear some light snickering, but cannot discern where it comes from. At the beginning of the battle, you each realize that the snickering comes from some human heads with bat wings.

Beginning of the Battle:
-One of the bat heads fly to J8 and begin to scream (~20' in the air, everyone make a fortitude save).

Holocron Coder
2007-11-28, 12:51 AM
Delorn

Flinching at the noise, but continuing to move, Delorn cobbles together another fire trap and tosses it between him and the street corner.

[roll0]

Move Action to H7
Standard Action to create/place trap in I6

Trap: Scorcher (2d6 Fire damage, DC 15 Reflex)

ZeroNumerous
2007-11-28, 12:53 AM
Lana

The elven woman mumbles several words of power in Draconic as she retrieves a bit of butter from her spell component pouch. The butter glows and vanishes as grease appears in the street in front of them.

Lana casts Grease on I-6, I-7, J-6, and J-7.

Dragoon
2007-11-28, 11:57 PM
Aidan

Seeing the floating head scream the party, the brave cleric tries hold strong as he launches the second light ray at the flying head.

Since I can't see any zombies yet. Does not move but fires the second ray of Venya at flying head.
[roll0]
[roll1] Since it's an evil outsider
[roll2] Now roll high.

oloknotwise
2007-11-29, 02:17 AM
Map at the end of the first round:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE2Round1.png
Ignore the Vargouille on J8, I forgot to erase it... See below...

Events of Round 1:
-The first vargouille moves to J8 and begins to shriek. At the sound of the shriek, all except for Aidan are able to shrug off the paralyzing sound. As for Aidan, he is now paralyzed.
-The other vargouille makes an extra effort to fly to the roof next to the paralyzed Aidan (A10).
-Delorn steps up to H7 and sets a trap in I6.
-Two large maggots squirm from the dead body and begin making their way towards the party.
-The Ever Smiling remains in the air and does not make any actions.
-Aidan remains motionless. However, mentally he manages to expend his last bit of light to blast the shrieking vargouille (J8), causing it to explode.
-Lana motions with her stick of butter, creating a pool of grease.
-Verily does nothing.
-The zombies begin to move forward towards the group. However, two zombies trie to traverse the grease, and slip and fall doing so. One zombie opens a door (D10) and moves towards Verily (to E8), and another one opens another door and moves towards Verily too (G9).
-One zombie closes in on Delorn and attacks, just hitting him for 8 points of damage.
-End Round 1-

Legend/Initiative Order
-Dark Orange: Vargouille(21)
-Green: Delorn (18, still sickened)
-Bright Red: Scorcher Trap
-Yellow: Dire Maggots(16)
-Light Blue: Aidan (12, Paralyzed)
-Blue: Lana (10)
-Dark Grey: Grease
-Hellfire: Verily (7)

Beginning of Round 2:
-The vargouille close to Aidan (A10) flies down and kisses him on the cheek (Aidan needs to make another fortitude Save).

Dragoon
2007-11-29, 03:09 AM
Aidan

Seeing the flying fiend "kiss" him, Aidan silently prays, Please Ehlonna, grant me the strength to protect myself from this foul creatures taint.

[roll0] Please roll well.

13_CBS
2007-11-29, 10:01 AM
The Ever Smiling

Seeing the chaos around him, TES snaps out of his reverie and flies off towards Aidan, who he sees is paralyzed. Afterwards, he aims a blast at the other shrieking head...

TES will fly up to 10 feet and directly above Aidan's position. He will then Eldritch Blast the enemy at A10.

Attack: [roll0] ranged touch

Holocron Coder
2007-11-29, 12:26 PM
Delorn

Grimacing at the hit, Delorn counter-attacks before retreating a short step.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

5 ft. to G7

oloknotwise
2007-11-30, 10:33 PM
MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE2Round2.png

Events of Round 2:
-The vargouille close to Aidan (A10) flies down and kisses him on the cheek.
-Delorn tries to attack the zombie, but fails to hit with any attack. He takes a step back.
-One of the maggots (K8) squirms its way over the grease with amazingly lucky dexterity (moves to H7) and attacks Delorn for 7 points of damage (Delorn needs to make a fortitude save).
-The other maggot moves up to Verily (to G8, provoking an AoO from Delorn) and strikes him for 8 pints of damage (Verily also must make a fortitude save)
-The Ever Smiling flies above Aidan and blasts the Varguoille, destroying it completely.
-Aidan is still paralyzed.
-Lana takes a moment to assess the current situation.
-Verily pulls out his axe and slices a decent chunk out of the zombie on G9.
-Each of the zombies surrounding Verily (G9 and E8) attack him. The first one deals 6 points of damage, and the other deals 7 points of damage.
-The zombie on I9 moves to H9 and attacks Delorn with precision accuracy, dealing 7 points of damage.
-The other two zombies in the grease squirm about and fail to do anything.

Legend/Initiative Order
-Light Blue: Aidan (12, Paralyzed)

13_CBS
2007-11-30, 10:47 PM
The Ever Smiling

Through his mask the warlock assesses the dire situation.

"How disconcerting...

TES will blast the zombie at E8 with Eldritch Blast:

Afterwards, he will move to the zombie's position while flying 15 feet up in the air.

Holocron Coder
2007-12-01, 12:21 AM
Delorn

Rolling with the hits, Delorn strikes a counterattack against one of the giant slugs, before being hit again in return. Assessing the situation, Delorn retreats a distance. "This isn't good." he calls aloud.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Attack of Opportunity Crit Confirm (1d20+4=22) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1400895)*
[roll2]
Crit Damage (1d6-2=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1400897)*

*If applicable

Full Round retreat to C6 (no AoO on me)

oloknotwise
2007-12-03, 12:06 AM
MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE2Round3.png

Events of Round 3:
-Delorn retreats back to C6.
-The maggot by Verily (G8) attacks Verily again, dealing 4 points of damage (Verily needs to make a fortitude save).
-The other maggot moves to G7 (5' step) and attacks Verily for 6 points of damage (Verily needs to make a second fortitude save).
-TES fires an Eldrich Blast, but misses the zombie he was aiming for. He then flies to E8.
-Aidan is still paralyzed.
-Lana continues to consider her actions.
-Verily attacks the maggot in front of him (G8) and the zombie by its side (G9), dealing serious damage to both of them.
-The zombie on E8 moves towards Aidan (AoO from Verily) and tries to attack the paralyzed Aidan. However, the zombie fumbles and only taps him. That tap, however, is enough to let Aidan shake off the paralysis.
-The zombie on H8 moves around to F7 and attacks Verily, dealing 5 points of damage.
-The zombie on G9 attacks Verily, and misses.
-The zombies in the grease still squirm around.

Legend/Initiative Order
-Purple and 15' in the air: The Ever Smiling (15)

13_CBS
2007-12-03, 08:13 AM
Edit: nevermind. I originally wanted to fly down and heal verily, but I've changed my mind.

13_CBS
2007-12-03, 08:16 AM
TES

AC: 16 (13 Flat, 13 Touch)
HP: 36

The warlock lets out another blast at a maggot.

Eldritch Blast on the maggot at G8:

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-03, 02:31 PM
Lana

The elf let out a sigh. She'd been hoping to save this for later, just in case something went wrong.. But this was about as wrong as things were going to get.

"Verily. Run away!"

Lana readies an action to cast Fireball once Verily moves away. She'll take a five foot step before casting to move outside of any attacker's threat range. The fireball will be centered on I-J 7-8. The resulting blast will catch anything south of TES on fire and will exclude TES. DC 19 Reflex save for half. Since she readied to fire after Verily moves, four zombies plus the two maggots should be in the blast radius.

Holocron Coder
2007-12-03, 05:38 PM
Delorn

Moving swiftly, Delorn dashes behind the zombie closest to their little group and strikes.

Did that AoO hit last time?

Move Action: To C9 via D8
Standard Action:
[roll0]*
[roll1]=1 (Minimum)

* Flanking, otherwise -2

HP - 9/31
AC - 18
Fort - +6
Ref - +10
Will - +2

Snowfall
2007-12-04, 08:21 AM
Peiros (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=3521) surveys the scene from the back of Windrunner (K1). He can hear the sounds of the party battling but can only see the zombies at his front.

"Face-to-face again with the mother of all ugly." Peiros says to his mount, he then kicks his heels into Windrunner's side. Brandishing his holy symbol of Pelor, Peiros shouts "By Pelor's light, begone evil dead!"

Sorry I'm late... :smalltongue: but happy to be here.

Peiros will ride to K5 and attempt a greater turning. With improved turning and his combined levels, Peiros turns as a 4th level cleric.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Peiros is going to use DarkGoldenRod if that's ok. Is there an OOC thread for this game?

Peiros stats:
AC: 19 Touch:11 Flat: 18 HP:53 Fort: +9 Ref +3 Will: +6

Windrunner stats:
AC: 18 HP: 45

Dragoon
2007-12-04, 04:09 PM
Aidan

I can't believe it I couldn't move, blast my will. Though this isn't going well. Aidan thinks to himself as he tries to cast a spell at the zombie in front of him.

Cast defensively for searing light. AC 16 Touch 11 22/25 hp F/6 R/2 W/9
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

oloknotwise
2007-12-04, 11:55 PM
MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE2Round4.png

Events of Round 4:
-Peiros rides in and turns undead, causing the two zombies in the grease to begin cowering.
-Delorn moves over to C8 without provoking AoO and attacks the zombie, which is now effectively flanked. His rapier doesn't seem to make a mark, but his surprise attack manages to make its mark, dealing 4 points of sneak attack damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1407535).
-Both maggots attack Verily, dealing 4 and 3 points to Verily (and he needs to make 2 fortitude saves).
-The Ever Smiling fires an Eldrich Blast at one of the maggots, but misses.
-No longer paralyzed, Aidan concentrates hard and casts Searing Light at the zombie in front of him, dealing significant damage.
-Lana calls out to Verily to move, then readies herself to cast Fireball when Verily is out of range, all the while takes a step to the side.
-Verily withdraws to C8, causing Lana to cast Firball on the corner of I-J 7-8. The blasts causes full damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1407509) to the four zombies and maggots in the blast radius. However, it also catches Peiros and Windrunner (they need to make DC19 reflex saves for half damage, see link). The maggot that Delorn got the successful AoO on collapses from the blast (G7). The doors and rubble in the area also catch on fire, but the houses themselves are wet from the mist and fog, and therefore do not catch on fire.
-The now scorched zombies (G9 and F7) close in on Verily (to D7 and D8) and attack. Only one hits, dealing 10 points of damage, causing Verily to fall to -4 HP. One of the zombies is barely holding on.
-The zombie flanked by Aidan and Delorn (C9) attacks Aidan, dealing 6 points of damage (Aidan needs to make a fortitude save).
-The zombies in the grease still squirm about, but now cower in the presence of Peiros.
-End Round 4-

Legend/Initiative Order
-Beige: Peiros (on Windrunner)
-Green: Delorn (18, sickened)
-Hellfire: Verily (7, unconscious)

Snowfall
2007-12-05, 06:19 AM
As the blaze exploded in front of him, Peiros thought for a moment that Pelor had decided to chip in a little something extra to his attempt to drive away the undead. Seeing through the flames, he soon spots the party.

"A hello would have sufficed!" he shouts across the way to the spellcaster.

Peiros and Windrunner's reflex saves, Windrunner has improved evasion.
[roll0]
[roll1]

By the way, Peiros used his 1/day Greater Turning ability from the Sun domain, that would destroy creatures that would have been turned... I think.

Depending on results of reflex save, will post next action right away.

Snowfall
2007-12-05, 07:14 AM
A now thoroughly singed Peiros, on top of a remarkably clean Windrunner, rides around the grease to attack the dire maggot.

Peiros rides to avoid the cowering zombies (if they haven't been destroyed) to F8, attacking the dire maggot from WindRunner's back.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I'm assuming the maggot is just disgusting, not evil, so no holy sword 1d6 bonus.

Status
Pheiros: HP 25/53 AC 19 Touch 11 Flat 18
Windrunner: HP 45 AC 18

13_CBS
2007-12-05, 08:28 AM
TES

"Ah ha ha! The Lightbringer!" shouts the warlock. He returns! And quite a torch he carries!"

He levels another blast at a zombie.

Eldritch Blast at zombie on D8.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-05, 03:24 PM
Lana

The elf takes a five foot step forward and readies her healing belt.

Discharging the last charge to heal Verily.

[roll0]

Dragoon
2007-12-05, 10:39 PM
Aidan

Feeling the blow from the zombie, Aidan concentrations on trying to end the foul creatures. As he banishes his holy symbol, "Be gone creatures of darkness."

[roll0]+3 if it's energy drain or death effect
[roll1] Using greater turning
[roll2]
AC 16 touch 11 hp 16 F/6 R/2 W/9

oloknotwise
2007-12-05, 11:33 PM
MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE2Round5.png

Events of Round 5:
-Watching the delayed destruction of the two zombies in the grease, Peiros makes his way to F8. The maggot tries to attack him on his way by, but misses by a mile. Peiros' attack fails to connect.
-Delorn attacks the flanked zombie, but fails to connect.
-The lone maggot attacks Windrunner, dealing 6 points of damage (Windrunner needs to make a fortitude save).
-The Ever Smiling hurls some more Eldrich energy at the zombie on D8, causing it to fall in a heap of rotting flesh and bone.
-Aidan's turn attempt destroys the zombie in front of him.
-Lana steps forward to heal Verily, bringing him up to 5 hp.
-Now up, verily attacks the zombie in front of him, but misses.
-The only zombie left (D7) attacks Verily, dealing a whopping 10 points of damage, causing Verily to collapse once more to -5 hp.
-End Round 5-

Legend/Initiative Order
-Beige: Peiros (on Windrunner)
-Green: Delorn (18, sickened)
-Hellfire: Verily (7, unconscious)

Holocron Coder
2007-12-06, 01:03 AM
Delorn

Moving quickly, Delorn flanks the last zombie with The Ever Smiling and attacks.

Sorry for not posting for the last round :smallfrown:

Move to C6 via B7.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] * 1/2 = 6

HP - 9/31
AC - 18
Fort - +6
Ref - +10
Will - +2

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-06, 01:10 AM
Lana

The elf moves up and attempts to stabilize Verily and cease his bleeding.

Heal Check - [roll0]

Snowfall
2007-12-06, 06:09 AM
Windrunner's fortitude save
[roll0]

Snowfall
2007-12-06, 06:32 AM
Peiros takes another swing at the dire maggot, while Windrunner lashes out with hooves.

((ooc: Sorry for the double post, will start using invisible castle for those wait and see rolls from now on))

[roll0]
[roll1]

To be able to attack too
[roll2]

If he can attack
[roll3]
[roll4]

Peiros: HP 25/53 AC 19 Touch 11 Flat 18
Windrunner: HP 39/45 AC 18

13_CBS
2007-12-06, 09:05 AM
TES

"And then there were two, yes?"

Eldritch Blast on zombie at D7. Finish him!

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Dragoon
2007-12-07, 04:54 PM
Aidan

Seeing that his comrades are able to take care of the zombie and maggots, he moves towards Verily, and activates his belt.

Move to C9 and activate 1 charge of heal belt.
[roll0]

oloknotwise
2007-12-08, 12:34 AM
FINAL MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/EncounterE2Round6.png
NOTE: If you don't remember, the black spot is a human body.

Events of Round 6:
-Windrunner stomps on the dire maggot, causing it to explode in a horrible mess.
-Delorn flanks the lone zombie and strikes with a surprise attack.
-The Ever Smiling launches an Eldrich Blast at the zombie, causing it to fall to the ground, motionless.
-End Battle-

After the battle:
-Aidan heals Verily some more, bringing him to a stable -1hp.
-Lana ensures that Verily is no longer in danger of death.

Everyone gets 500xp.

The civilians slowly begin to come forward at the sight of the final zombie's destruction. The children's faces are wet from the tears, but somehow the baby managed to sleep through the entire battle. The older woman thanks you each graciously.

However, things turn dark when a dark red circle appears around Verily's unconscious body. Suddenly a hole opens under him and a voices belows from the hole, "You have failed to protect others from the effects of the undead. You have failed your mission," and with that, Verily disappears.

Verily is gone since Kellus is gone.

Feel free to explore the area and do other things, but you have little time...

Everyone, please make listen checks.

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-08, 05:44 AM
Well that was a waste of two Healing Belt charges..

[roll0]

13_CBS
2007-12-08, 11:51 AM
TES

The warlock looks on at Verily's disappearance with a passive gaze.

"And to inferno he goes, yes? But, hope be willing, to neither the abyss or to the eternal fire..."

Listen: [roll0]

Snowfall
2007-12-08, 01:52 PM
Peiros

"Losing the hell stalker does not bode well," Peiros laments, "I am sorry I did not get here sooner, perhaps I could have made more of a difference... or perhaps not." Peiros looks at his companions, "I still do not understand why we're here, though these people obviously need our help."

Wincing momentarily from his burns, he adds "And it is good to see you still pack a punch, Lana."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Peiros will also use 2 charges on his healing belt as well.

[roll2]

Peiros looks down the road, "We should check out that body."

Holocron Coder
2007-12-08, 03:01 PM
Delorn

Surprised at the disappearance of their fellow, Delorn exclaims, "What happened to Verily? He was just there!" He limps over to a few feet from the spot and prods at it with his rapier. Sighing at the other's conclusions, Delorn nods and glances at the body that was the source of the maggots. "Shall we, then?"

[roll0]

Snowfall
2007-12-08, 04:57 PM
Peiros

Peiros rides closer to the body, but pauses a distance away. For several moments he stares around him, sweeping his vision from the buildings on the right side of the body to the left.

Detect Evil

((ooc: the map image server seems to be down, so I can't state an exact location))

13_CBS
2007-12-08, 05:14 PM
TES

"We journey," hisses the warlock from beneath his mask as he flies along with Peiros to the body, "Lightbringer, to a location known, yet unknown...Barovia.

Some darknesses before , in a boozehouse, we recieved words, bound into paper, summoning us to that place..."

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-08, 05:24 PM
Lana

The elf frowns, then retrieves a book from her backpack and opens it. Talk was cheap at this point, and her failure to protect her comrade weighed heavily on her heart. She does, however, remark to the people following them.. "Do you know if there are survivors inside these buildings as well? The ones with burning doors? Or the ones we haven't opened?"

Dragoon
2007-12-08, 08:12 PM
Aidan

Completely surprised as Verily vanishes, Aidan mutters quietly in Celestial as he walks towards Delorn, "Please Elhonna, don't let Verily be taken by dark creatures if you will it."
As he reaches Delorn, he switches to common, "Thank you and TES for the help with the zombie and evil creature, I couldn't believe that I would ever be afraid to move." As he activates his heal belt, listening for sounds of other noises.

Last charge on healing belt on Delorn
[roll0]
[roll1]

oloknotwise
2007-12-08, 08:45 PM
The civilians stare at the body in the street for a moment, seemingly ignoring the world around them. However, after the pause, the younger male stands up straight and slowly makes his way back and forth from the burning, but still standing doors. He closely inspects them, then turn back to the group. "There were no barricades behind these doors. If there were survivors from these buildings, they probably have gone to the Town Square. as for the smashed doors, it seems that the zombies have gotten into those buildings..."

Peiros continues to scan the surrounding area, but he fails to detect anything with the taint of evil... for now.

In the distance, everyone except for Aidan and Delorn hear the beginnings of a battle. There is some yelling and screaming, then a crash (which Delorn and Aidan do hear). Some more yelling and screaming, then doors slamming. Overall, things do not sound too great up ahead.

The civilians also hear the sounds, and they each look worried. "That seems to be coming from the town square. The zombies must have gotten past the barricades," says the older man.

Meanwhile, little bits of Aidan's hair begin to fall out.

Snowfall
2007-12-08, 08:54 PM
Peiros

Peiros turns to the group, "Then we must hurry to help those ahead. Are we ready?" Wincing again from his partially healed burns, he asks the warlock floating beside him, "I fear we will need all my strength and prayers ahead, do you still travel with your healing wand?"

13_CBS
2007-12-08, 08:56 PM
TES

Smiling's only response is a flashy twirl of his wand.

Snowfall
2007-12-08, 09:14 PM
Peiros laughs, "I should have learned by now to be more direct. If you can spare some healing for me, I'd appreciate the help before we ride into battle again."

13_CBS
2007-12-08, 09:21 PM
TES

TES chuckles as he administers healing to the Paladin.

"Best to be direct when dealing with madmen, yes?"

Taking ten on UMD, so automatic success.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-08, 09:28 PM
Lana

The elf studies Aidan after the flying demon head kissed him. She leans closely to whisper to him so that others cannot hear her. "Hold still my friend, you may have some disease that I would rather not infect others with.."

If possible, I'll take ten on all of my knowledge checks for 21 in every knowledge skill. If not.. I'll roll 11 dice.

oloknotwise
2007-12-08, 10:41 PM
Since Vargouilles are evil outsiders, and it was their special ability, it is a knowledge (the planes) check to determine the effects. A 21 is not enough to determine it, so I recommend rolling the check.

In the distance, things are becoming a little quieter, but there is still two or three voices yelling...

Make that one voice yelling...

Holocron Coder
2007-12-09, 04:29 AM
Delorn

Accepting the healing from his comrade, Delorn perks up at the crash in the distance. Since nobody else seems to move, Delorn starts ahead, but easily in sight, calling after him. "Come on, already! We can't wait and take our time!"

Health up to 16/31. Still sickened.

Snowfall
2007-12-09, 09:42 AM
Peiros

Spurring Windrunner onward, Peiros calls out to Delorn, "I agree Master Trapsmith, let's go!"

Dragoon
2007-12-11, 09:07 PM
Aidan

Aidan stops after hearing Lana's whisper, a slight look of shock as he sees some of his hair fall out, he says quietly, "What did that creature do to me?" and now speaking to everyone else,
"Agreed, we need to hurry." Preparing to follow the group.

Aidan will follow those that go ahead unless Lana says something.

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-11, 10:52 PM
Lana

"I do know it was a varguoille, but I do not know what, precisely, it's done to you. If I had access to my library, then I could probably find out more information but to be on the safe side, I suggest you don't tend anyones wounds anytime soon. 'Lest of all it's touch turn out to be infectious."

13_CBS
2007-12-11, 11:24 PM
TES

The warlock seems hear tiny hints of Aidan and Lana's conversation, but heeds it no mind.

"We go, then?"

oloknotwise
2007-12-11, 11:32 PM
The civilians are all beginning to worry about the sounds. Time is short.

"Oh please great heroes," starts the younger woman, "you need to keep the town square safe!"

I guess you are heading to the town square. So, I will allow any healing to be done on the way (as much as you want), and I will start the encounter for the town square tomorrow night. Any other preparations are permitted.

...I guess a heal check could be used to determine the effects of the vargouille's kiss, but for now, Aidan suffers no penalty. Delorn is currently sickened, but nothing else.

13_CBS
2007-12-11, 11:40 PM
TES

The Ever Smiling cackles as he floats forward, amused by the words of the civilians.

"A ha ha! We are heroes, yes? Or are we but ferrymen to the eternal inferno? Or both? Ha!"

oloknotwise
2007-12-12, 10:16 PM
While hurrying to the town square, Aidan contemplates his personal infection. Considering the effects, he determines that it is in fact NOT a disease, but can be treated like a disease.

When the group begins to close in on the town square, they can see that things are not... good...

Rough barricades block most of the access to the town square, however, the eastern barricade has been breached, and zombies are swarming through the opening. A woman in full plate near the center of the town square valiantly fights the zombies, but she is heavily outnumbered.

One of the female civilians yells out at the sight of the woman, "That's Ashlyn! She still lives! Please, save her!"

Map:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3beginning.png

Notes about the area/Encounter:
-The civilians will not participate again.
-The yellow/brown fuzzy parts are barricades. They are four feet tall and about one foot thick (on average). One may take shelter as normal, which will provide cover (+4 AC). Notice that one barricade has been breached.
-There is a well in the middle of the town square (big black spot in the center). Unless you are flying, it cannot be passed; you must go around it.
-Pink is Ashlyn. Dark green spots are the zombies and the dark red spots are zombie-like creatures covered in dirt.
-Everyone can place their character on any spot between A7-10 and B7-10, roll for initiative, and make your actions for the first round.

13_CBS
2007-12-12, 10:31 PM
TES

"You seem beleaguered, Ironwearer! We come to your aid, yes?"

Starting at B7
Initiative: [roll0]

On his turn, TES will fly to F7 and give the zombie at I7 an Eldritch Blast.

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-13, 04:12 AM
Lana

Starting at A-10
Initiative - [roll0]

She casts Summon Monster III and chooses a Celestial Bison. She chooses to summon it in I-J 5-6. Because she has Augment Summoning: The bison appears with 26 Strength and 20 Constitution. Changing it's HP value to 47, it's Gore to +10(1d8+12). The bison, being a large-sized creature, takes up all four squares of I-J 5-6 and can reach out to ten feet.

The bison will gore anything near the paladin.

Snowfall
2007-12-13, 09:17 AM
Peiros

"This town is just seething with undeath!" Peiros cries, "Pelor grant me strength!"

[roll0]
Summary: starting at B9. Cast spell. Moves 5' forward to C9

Peiros casts Protection From Evil, +2 to AC and Saves vs. evil for himself and Windrunner. Duration 2 minutes (Level 2 due to Good Domain).

Peiros then nudges Windrunner forward to C9 to draw the zombie's attack.

Peiros HP: 53/53
Peiros AC: 19 (21 vs. evil) Touch 11 (13 vs. evil) Flat 18 (20 vs. evil)
WR HP: 39/45
WR AC: 18 (20 vs. evil) Touch 10 (12 vs. evil) Flat 12 (14 vs. evil)

((I think just turned into an orc!))

Holocron Coder
2007-12-13, 11:43 AM
Delorn

Gaping at the multitude of zombies, Delorn acts nonetheless.

[roll0]

Start in B8.
Delorn will navigate between zombies, attempting to get to H9. Somewhat suicidal, but we need to save the girl, eh? :smallbiggrin:

Will try to avoid most AoO, but has Tumble +12 otherwise (it's DC15 to avoid AoO, I believe?)

oloknotwise
2007-12-14, 12:48 AM
MAP AT BEGINNING:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3beginning2.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3beginning2.png)

MAP AFTER FIRST ROUND:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round1.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round1.png)

Legend:
-Light Blue: Aidan
-Blue: Lana
-Purple: TES
-Green: Delorn
-Beige: Peiros
-Pink: Ashlyn
-Dark Green: Zombies
-Dark Red: Dirt Covered Zombies

Events of round 1:
-Aidan contemplates the situation and his personal condition.
-Ahslyn spots the group and yells out, "Hark! I see allies about! Please, I need your help!" With that , she lets out a loud cry and strikes the zombie on I7, slicing a good chunk out of it.
-Peiros takes a step forward to C9 hoping to draw the zombie towards him, now with his new magical protection.
-Delorn moves tumbles past three zombies (first two tumbles (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1425599), both successes, and the third tumble (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1425603), a failure, since Delorn really has a -2 penalty for being sickened) to H9, taking a double move action. The zombie that he failed to successfully pass attacks him for 5 points of damage.
-The zombie on C7 takes a step forward and attacks Aidan for 8 points of damage (Aidan needs to make a fortitude save).
-The zombie on D9 attacks Windrunner, but misses.
-The zombie on G6 moves to G8 and attacks Delorn, dealing 5 points of damage.
-The zombie on F9 moves to G9 and attacks Delorn, but misses.
-The zombie on G11 moves to G10 and attacks Delorn, but misses.
-The zombie on J11 moves to I10 and attacks Delorn, but misses.
-The zombie on M10 moves to I9 and attacks Delorn, and hits for 8 points of damage.
-The zombie on I8 attacks Ashlyn for five points of damage.
-The zombie on I7 attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The zombie on H5 moves to K6 and attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The zombie on O5 moves to K7 and attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The dirt-covered zombie on H11 moves to H10 and attack Delorn, dealing 10 points of damage. The creature's move makes a weird twist, and with a swift motion, he hits Delorn in an awkward way (Delorn needs to make a reflex save, but if he is below 0, he has an effective dexterity of 0, and sickened).
-The other dirt-covered zombie on P7 moves to L5. After these two creatures move, all of you realize that these are not zombies.
-The Ever Smiling flies to F7 and fires an Eldrich Blast at the zombie on I7, dealing 13 points of damage.
-Lana starts casting Summon Monster III to bring a celestial bison to the field.
-End Round 1-

Initiative Order
-Aidan (19, +1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1425592))
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Peiros (16, +5)
-Delorn (16, +3)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Dirt-Covered Zombies (11, +0)
-The Ever Smiling (5, +3)
-Lana (3, +0)

Dragoon
2007-12-14, 03:40 AM
Aidan

The realization that his affliction was not a disease and the unnerving sight of so many zombies caused Aidan to be unable to do anything other than think. This isn't good for us if I do nothing. He tries to ignore the pain as he tries to bring light into the darkness. "Begone foul creatures!"

Sorry about missing the last turn. Uses turn undead and stays put in square.
[roll0]
[roll1] forgot about synergy from knowledge:religion last time
[roll2]
[roll3] to id dust covered undead if they are undead.

Vitals hp 8/25 ac 16 touch 11 flat 15 f/+6 r/+2 w/+9

Snowfall
2007-12-14, 08:37 AM
Peiros

Seeing Delorn fall under an onslaught of blows, Peiros cries, "Delorn, you brave fool!" and then to his other companions, "Stay together!"

Frantic for his friend, Peiros moves Windrunner to attack the zombie at his front [D9] and he attacks as well.

Windrunner attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Peiros attack
[roll2]
[roll=att]1d20+10[roll]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Peiros HP: 53/53
Peiros AC: 19 (21 vs. evil) Touch 11 (13 vs. evil) Flat 18 (20 vs. evil)
WR HP: 39/45
WR AC: 18 (20 vs. evil) Touch 10 (12 vs. evil) Flat 12 (14 vs. evil)

edit: crap, badly typed attack roll above, here' the new one
Redoing a badly typed roll on board (1d20+10=28) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1426065)

13_CBS
2007-12-14, 04:10 PM
TES

The warlock flies over and tries to finish off the zombie he had just blasted.

Move to I7, Eldritch blast on zombie directly below (it has already taken 13 points of damage).

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-14, 06:48 PM
Lana

The gray elf holds her action to see where the zombies move.

I'm mostly just holding off on my action until I know exactly where everyone is moving(primarily because I need to know exact locations prior to deciding what spell to use). She will be acting this turn, I just need to see the map before I decide what she does.

oloknotwise
2007-12-14, 11:10 PM
THE MAP
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round2.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round2.png)

Legend:
-Light Blue: Aidan
-Blue: Lana
-Red: Celestial Bison
-Purple: TES
-Beige: Peiros
-Pink: Ashlyn
-Dark Green: Zombies
-Dark Red: Dirt Covered Zombies

Events of Round 2:
-Aidan attempts to turn undead, but fails to do so. He briefly feels something evil come over him, but then nothing. Aidan is sickened.
-Ashlyn slices at the zombie on I7, dealing a good amount of damage.
-Windrunner tries to attack the zombie on D9, but misses. However, Peiros attacks and hits.
-The zombie on B7 attacks Aidan, dealing 8 points of damage to him.
-The zombie on D9 attacks Windrunner, dealing 10 points of damage.
-The zombie on G8 moves to D8 and attacks Windrunner, but narrowly misses.
-The zombie on G9 moves to D10 and attacks Windrunner, dealing 6 points of damage.
-The zombie on G10 moves to C8 diagonally (no AoO from Pieros) and attacks Windrunner, but misses.
-The zombie on I7 attacks Ashlyn, dealing 5 points of damage.
-The zombie on I8 attacks Ashlyn, dealing 8 points of damage.
-The zombie on I9 moves to J8 and attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The zombie on I10 moves to H7, awaiting its turn to attack Ashlyn.
-The zombie on K8 attacks Ashlyn, dealing 10 points of damage.
-The zombie on K6 attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The entomber on H10 moves around the zombies to D7.
-The entomber on L5 moves to J6 and attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The Ever Smiling launches another Eldrich Blast at the zombie on I7 while flying to a position above it. The zombie collapses.
-Lana's Celestial Bison appears and attacks the entomber, dealing 18 points of damage.
-Lana's turn, then end of the round-

Initiative Order
-Aidan (19, +1)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Peiros (16, +5)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Entombers (11, +0)
-Lana (3, +0)
-Lana's Celestial Bison

Lana can make her move for round two, and everyone can make their actions for round three.

13_CBS
2007-12-14, 11:32 PM
TES

TES glances at his party mates and Ashlyn to get a brief idea of their general condition, and then blasts the Entomber beneath him.

Taking a quick look around to see how wounded people are, and then fire at the entomber at J6. If looking around takes up a standard action, then TES will instead blast the entomber.

[roll0]
[roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-15, 12:14 AM
Lana

"I apologize, herald of Pelor. But I try to solve my problems as quickly as possible.."

Lana performs a few arcane gestures and speaks a few words of Draconic. A burst of silky spider web fills the area in front of her.

I believe Web only fills squares in a + sign..

I'm casting it on D-E 8-9. Anchoring it between the two buildings. DC 20[+2 from Spell Focus/Greater(Conjuration)] Reflex save not to be stuck to the ground. Peiros is, unfortunately, in it's effect. Lets hope that Divine Grace keeps you alive.

Holocron Coder
2007-12-15, 12:03 PM
Malteas

Peering through the window of the building, Malteas watches the battle for a short moment. He sees the corpse of a small man east of the well and the furious battle going on nearby. Cocking an arrow, he pushes open the door and fires.

Opening the door at G4
Firing at Zombie H7

[roll0]+2=14*
[roll1]
[roll2]
*Forgot some modifiers... I have +10 to hit, not +8

AC - 17
HP - 56/56

Dragoon
2007-12-16, 12:55 AM
Aidan

Feeling the pain of the damage from the zombie, the cleric concentrates on trying not to get hit as tries to heal himself.

Fight defensively +2 to ac 0 hp ac 18 flat 15/17 touch 11/13 not sure if +2 to ac goes to touch and flat as well f/+6 r/+2 w/+9
[roll0]
[roll1]

oloknotwise
2007-12-16, 02:34 AM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round3.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round3.png)

Legend:
Light Blue: Aidan
Red: Bison (entombed)
Green: Malteas
Purple: The Ever Smiling (15 feet in the air)
Beige: Pieros (entangled)
Pink: Ashlyn
Dark Red: Entombers

Events of Round 3:
-Lana casts Web, entangling a bunch of zombies, an entomber, Pieros and Windrunner. Windrunner and all of the zombies are stuck, but the Entomber manages to keep itself from being stuck.
-Malteas opens the door from the tavern and attacks the zombie on H7, but misses. A man yells from in the tavern: "Malteas, do not keep the door open too long, we must keep the zombies out!"
-Aidan casts a cure light wounds defensively, bringing himself up to 9 hp.
-Ashlyn attacks (defensively) the entomber on J6, slicing at it with her longsword.
-Windrunner tries to break free from the web, but fails to do so (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1428928). Meanwhile, Pieros watches Lana to see if she is about to make a destructive move (readying to dismiss Windrunner if there is need to do so).
-Though stuck in the web, the zombie on B7 has no need to move and attacks Aidan, but misses.
-The stuck zombie on C8 tries to attack Pieros, but misses.
-The zombie on D8 attacks Pieros, but misses.
-The zombie on D9 attacks Pieros, and hits for 7 points of damage.
-The zombie on D10 attacks Pieros, and hits for 10 points of damage.
-The zombie on H7 tries to break loose from the web, but fails to do so.
-The zombie on I8 attacks Ashlyn, and hits for 8 points of damage.
-The zombie on J8 attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The zombie on K7 attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The zombie on K6 attacks Ashlyn, but narrowly misses.
-The entomber in the web slowly moves through the web to B8 and attacks Aidan, dealing 15 points of damage (Aidan needs to make a reflex save).
-The other entomber attacks the bison, dealing 12 points of damage, and with a flick of the wrist, the bison fails to dodge the attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1428976) and finds itself in a shallow grave.
-The Ever Smiling looks around at his comrades, and sees that Aidan is unconscious, Pieros is stuck int eh web, Lana is dangerously close to an entomber, there is a Bison in teh ground with no air, and Ashlyn is slowly getting to the point where she can barely stand anymore. He then launches an Eldrich Blast at the entomber on J6, hitting it.
-End Round 3-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Aidan (19, +1)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Peiros (16, +5)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Entombers (11, +0)
-Lana (3, +0, starts each new round instead, with her summon bison)

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-16, 07:08 AM
I believe it's a Strength check to stand after being buried. [roll0]. If it's a grapple, then add 5(BAB+Large) to the check.

I guess now's better than never..

HP: 24
AC: 14

Lana

The elf sighs, then retrieves her backpack and reaches into it. A moment later she is holding molten light in the palm of her right hand. In a flash, the light fills the small space around her and shoots outward toward the entomber.

Move: Retrieve Radiant Sphere, doesn't provoke AoOs because of Heward's Handy Haversack.
Standard: Discharge all 3 charges into Entomber, which is still Entangled.

Ranged Touch: [roll1].
Damage: [roll2].
Damage to other five zombies: [roll3].

EDIT: Forgot to include HP/AC.

Snowfall
2007-12-16, 08:23 AM
Peiros

Seeing that Lana didn't follow up her web with an explosion, Peiros tries to wrestle free enough from the web to attack the zombie at his front.

Taking Peiros's action now. Attacking Zombie at D9.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Peiros HP: 36/53
WR: 23/45

13_CBS
2007-12-16, 09:06 AM
Aemos

"Inferno...it comes...

Then an idea...

"My rope, Steelwearer!" he shouts to the ailing Ashyln. "To the skies!" he waves a motion for her to climb.

TES will take out a rope, lower it, and then shout at Ashlyn for her to climb it.

If he still has an action left, he will blast the zombie at B7.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Holocron Coder
2007-12-16, 05:58 PM
Malteas

Grimacing, Malteas calls over his shoulder, "I know that! Keep your cowardly trap shut."

With that, he steps outside the door and closes it firmly. Without access to the open space he needs to attack correctly, he fires at the same zombie again, hoping to clear himself a path.

5 ft step out
Move Action to shut door
Attack on zombie in H7

[roll0]*
[roll1]

*Reflex Save - (1d20+9)[29] (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1430012) to avoid dropping bow.
That's unbelievable... I think I'm going to start using InvisibleCastle for my rolls, if this keeps up :smalleek:

HP - 56/56
AC - 17

Dragoon
2007-12-16, 07:34 PM
Aidan

Avoiding the zombie attack and seeing that it's now trapped by the web, Aidan moves away from the zombie and towards Lana, as he reaches her, he remarks, "Well, it looks like another has joined in the battle, also would you like me to recharge your sphere for you? It seems that I can't cause these monsters to flee like I want to."

Forgot that I can't fight defensively when I'm staggered, withdraws to A9. AC 16 touch 11 flat 15, f/+4 r/0 w/+7, the joys of being sickened.

oloknotwise
2007-12-17, 01:32 AM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round4.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round4.png)

Legend:
Light Blue - Aidan (unconscious)
Blue - Lana
Beige - Pieros
Green - Malteas
Purple - TES
Pink - Ashlyn
Red - Bison (underground)
Dark Green - Zombies
Dark Red - Entombers

Events of Round Four:
-Lana fires a blast of light from her orb at the entomber, dealing some significant damage to it, and some surrounding zombies.
-The Bison tries to break out of the shallow grave, but is unable to do so (grapple checks are needed, and the bison failed this rounds', but can try again without penalty for the next round, and I will allow two per round, so make another one for this round, then two for the next round).
-Malteas steps out from the building and fires another arrow, but misses by a mile.
-Aidan is unconscious.
-Ashlyn holds her sword, but quickly uses Lay on Hands on the near-by entomber, forcing positive energy into it and dealing significant damage.
-Despite his hampered movement, Pieros attacks the zombie on D9 for some good damage.
-The zombie on B7 tries to break free from the web, but fails to do so.
-The zombie on C8 attack Pieros, dealing 7 points of damage.
-The zombie on D8 attacks Pieros, but misses.
-The zombie on D9 attacks Pieros, dealing 6 points of damage.
-The zombie on D10 attacks Pieros, but misses greatly.
-The zombie on H7 tries to break free of the web, but fails to do so.
-The zombie on I8 attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The zombie on J8 attacks Ashlyn, dealing 6 points of damage.
-The zombie on K6 attacks Ashlyn, but misses.
-The zombie on K7 attacks Ashlyn, but narrowly misses.
-The enstomber in the web attacks Pieros, dealing 10 points of damage (Pieros should make a ride check to stay on Windrunner).
-The other entomber turns to Ashlyn and attacks, but misses, really badly.
-The Ever Smiling pulls out his rope and lowers it to Ashlyn, calling to her to climb it.
-End Round 4-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Aidan (19, +1)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Peiros (16, +5)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Entombers (11, +0)
-Lana (3, +0, starts each new round instead, with her summoned bison)

13_CBS
2007-12-17, 01:17 PM
TES

Once Ashlyn grabs on, the warlock strains with all his might and flies towards the nearest rooftop.

If Ashlyn grabs the rope and is still alive by the time it's TES's turn, he will make a double move action towards the nearest rooftop (probably I4).

If Ashlyn does not survive, he will drop the rope as a free action and blast the entomber at J6.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Holocron Coder
2007-12-18, 12:24 PM
Malteas

Grumbling at himself under his breath, Malteas readies two arrows and fires with some speed.

Full Round - Rapid Shot (2 attacks at -2) on Zombie H7

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

HP - 56/56
AC - 17

oloknotwise
2007-12-18, 02:42 PM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round5.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round5.png)

Legend:
-Light Blue - Aidan (unconscious)
-Blue - Lana
-Red - Bison (prone, but out of the grave)
-Biege - Pieros (unconscious)
-Green - Malteas
-Purple - TES
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entombers
-Little Orange/Red Spots - Flaming Web

Events of round 5:
-Lana casts Fireball, catching a bunch of zombies, the entomber, Windrunner and Pieros in the blast. Everyone is singed (Windrunner the least), but the web catches on fire, burning everyone. Pieros goes unconscious. She then moves behind Aidan (off the map).
-The Bison manages (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1434322) to get out of the grave, but now is prone on the ground (can get up next round, second roll doesn't matter now).
-Malteas fires two arrows, hitting the zombie on H7 with both.
-Aidan is in worse condition.
-Ashlyn grabs onto the rope and goes into total defense (+4 AC). She seems very battered and looks as if she will fall soon...
-Pieros is unconscious, but Windrunner may still act (and still can be dismissed).
-With Aidan unconscious, the zombie on B7 tries to move, but is unable to do so.
-With Pieros unconscious, the zombies attack Windrunner, but they all miss, some just barely.
-The zombies surrounding Ashlyn attack her (I8, J8, K6, K7), but they all miss due to her added defensive stance.
-The entomber on B8 tries to move around, but catches its foot on some web and is unable to move this round.
-The other entomber attacks Ashlyn, but barely misses.
-The Ever Smiling, seeing Ashlyn still barely alive, hoists her up with the rope and brings her over to the roof (I4).
-End Round 5-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Aidan (19, +1)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Peiros (16, +5)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

Holocron Coder
2007-12-18, 03:13 PM
Malteas

"Die, rotting corpse!" Malteas yells at the still-standing zombie, firing again.

Full Attack: Rapid Shot on Zombie H7

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

HP - 56/56
AC - 17

13_CBS
2007-12-18, 03:33 PM
TES

Seeing that Ashyln is safe, TES flies over to help his troubled comrades, rope still in tow.

"Rest awhile, yes?"

Move to G6, still 15 feet up in the air and rope in hand, then Eldritch Blast on entomber at B8.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Snowfall
2007-12-19, 02:17 PM
Windrunner

Battered by zombies, his mane still smoking, and feeling Peiros slumped against his back, Windrunner wheels away in an attempt to carry his fallen master towards help. Arriving next to Lana, he whinnies a note of worry.

Windrunner is going to use a full round action to withdraw, stepping into B10 to avoid AoOs and then riding around to --8 (past A8), next to Lana. He'll let Lana climb on board with Peiros if she wants to.

"What's that Lassie? I mean Windrunner... Peiros is in trouble?"

oloknotwise
2007-12-20, 11:52 AM
THE MAPS:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round6B.png
The Secondary Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round6B.png)
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round6.png
The Main Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round6.png)
NOTE: The zombie on A7 for both maps is the SAME zombie, which is Aidan.

Legend:
-Blue - Lana
-Red - Celestial Bison
-Biege - Pieros (unconscious, but still on Windrunner)
-Green - Malteas
-Purple - TES (15 feet in the air)
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber
-There is a window on the second level of the building where Ashlyn is perched. It goes out to the roof beside Ashlyn. It takes one full round action to make it to the window if your speed is 30 feet per round from the ground.

Events of Round 6:
-Lana readies her Web spell.
-The Bison gets up off of the ground, avoiding the attacks from the surrounding zombies and the entomber, and gores the entomber, causing it to collapse.
-Malteas fires two arrows at the zombie on H7, and both hit.
-Aidan is still unconscious. However, his breathing becomes very low, and his skin begins to lose the colour in his skin.
-Ashlyn pulls out her already loaded crossbow while putting away her sword, and fires a bolt at the zombie on H7. The bolt hits, and a minor explosion occurs as the zombie collapses.
-Windrunner withdraws from combat to Y8. Lana casts her Web spell on E-F 8-9. All of the zombies in the area, except for the zombie on D8, get stuck, as does the entomber.
-Suddenly, Aidan's skin takes a bit of a grey tint. His eyes open, but they lack any signs of life. Aidan is now a zombie, rises, and attacks Lana, dealing 8 points of damage (Lana needs to make a fortitude save).
-At the same time, Delorn's body rises in the web as a zombie (H9), but gets stuck.
-The zombie on B7 manages to break free from the web and is no longer stuck.
-The zombie on C8 tries to break free from the web, but is unable to do so.
-The zombie on D8 manages to moves slowly to C9.
-The zombie on D9 manages to break free, and is no longer stuck.
-The zombie on D10 tries to break free from the web, but is unable to do so.
-The zombie on I8 manages to break free from the web and is no longer stuck.
-The zombies on J8, K6 and K7 all move towards the bison, but only one hits with its attack, dealing 6 points of damage.
-The entomber manages to break free from the web and is no longer stuck.
-The Ever Smiling flies to G6 and fires an Eldrich Blast at the lone Entomber, and hits.
-End Round 6-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Peiros (16, +5)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

Snowfall
2007-12-21, 07:52 AM
Windrunner

Seeing the rising zombie, Windrunner made ready to ride away.

Windrunner will wait for Lana to mount and then get out of there, using another withdraw to move at least 50' away.

He will then go looking for a man with a chainsaw and a boomstick...

13_CBS
2007-12-21, 08:42 PM
TES

"Grasp the creeper, yes?" the warlock waves at Malteas to grab hold of the rope.

Yell at Malteas, move to G7, and if TES knows that Aidan has just risen as a zombie, blast it. If not, blast the entomber at B8.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Holocron Coder
2007-12-22, 03:46 PM
Malteas

Seeing himself surrounded, Malteas looks around for a way off the street. It doesn't take long to spot a crazy flying man holding a rope near him. Grabbing onto the rope, Malteas pulls himself up it a bit, hoping the man knows what he's doing.

Full-Round: Grab rope, climb

HP - 56/56
AC - 17 (14 FF, 13 Touch)

oloknotwise
2007-12-22, 10:19 PM
THE MAPS:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round7B.png
Teh Second Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round7B.png)
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round7.png
The Main Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round7.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas (slightly off the ground)
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 7:
-Lana mounts Windrunner and gets ready to cast a spell.
-Malteas grabs the rope that TES has dangling beside him, but is unable (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1441552) to climb up. He simply holds on.
-Ashlyn loads another flarebolt into her crossbow and fires at the zombie on I8, hitting it, causing a small explosion to occur in the zombie.
-Windrunner takes off in a dash, and as soon as it gets of range, Lana casts Sleet Strom, aimed at the Aidan-zombie. Windrunner, Pieros and Lana are now gone from the battle.
-Since Lana is out of range, the Bison disappears.
-Zombie-Aidan struggles with the icy condition and lack of vision, but manages to move about, only to walk into a wall.
-The zombie on B7 manages to take a step out of the web and does not slip on the ice.
-The zombie on C8 is still stuck in the web.
-The zombie on C9 does not manage to walk across the ice, but does not slip.
-The zombie on D9 does manage to take a step to C10.
-The zombie on D10 is still stuck in the web.
-Zombie-Delorn is unable to get out of the web.
-The zombie on I8 moves to H7.
-The zombie on J5 move to H5, but misses with its attack.
-The zombie on J6 moves to H6, and deals 5 points of damage to Malteas (Malteas needs to make a fortitude save).
-The zombie on J7 moves to I7.
-The lone entomber tries to move, but falls prone on the ice.
-TES tries to blast the Aidan-zombie through the sleet storm, and oddly hits, despite the lack of sight. TES flies to G7 with the rope in tow with a holding Malteas, slightly off the ground.
-End Round 7-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

13_CBS
2007-12-22, 10:49 PM
TES

"Hah hah! To the skies!"

On is next turn, TES will deposit Malteas at G5. If he still has actions, he will blast the Aidan zombie again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Holocron Coder
2007-12-28, 03:05 AM
Malteas

Clinging to the rope, Malteas watches the closest zombies, prepared to strike at one of them should they move closely.

Essentially, Full Round Action to prepare an attack action should a zombie close in. Unarmed attack, I suppose.

oloknotwise
2008-01-07, 01:47 AM
THE MAPS
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round8B.png
Second Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round8B.png)
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round8.png
Main Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round8.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas (slightly off the ground)
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 8:
-Malteas holds on tight to the rope, but prepares himself for any incoming zombie attacks.
-Ashlyn fires a flare bolt at the zombie on H6, but misses.
-Zombie-Aidan tries to move, and does, but only 5 feet to X10.
-The zombie on A8 moves forward slowly to X8.
-The zombie on C8 in unable to move.
-The zombie on C9 slips on the icy ground from the sleet and in prone on the ground.
-The zombie on C10 moves to A10.
-The zombie on D10 is unable to move.
-Zombie-Delorn cannot move in the web.
-The zombie on I7 tries to get through the web, but does not manage to do so. It is only on H8 now.
-The zombie on H7 tries to move in the web, but cannot.
-The zombie on H5 and H6 try to attack Malteas. Malteas throws a punch at one of them, which hits, but is unable to do any damage (all AoO miss). Only the zombie on H7 hits Malteas, dealing 10 points of damage (Malteas needs to make a fortitude save).
-The entomber manages to move to C7.
-TES manages to lift Malteas on to the roof (G4).
-End Round 8-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

Holocron Coder
2008-01-07, 07:15 AM
Malteas

Letting go of the rope and landing on the roof, Malteas retrieves his bow and fires into the zombies below.

[roll0]

Attack on Zombie H4
[roll1] (10 base, +1 high ground)
[roll2]

13_CBS
2008-01-07, 07:33 AM
TES

Relieved that the archer was safe, TES goes about blasting some more.

Move to G7, blast the entomber.

If nothing significant happens (significant meaning, the other surviving party members arrive, or another character appears, or another new monster pops up, etc), then TES will finish off the entomber and then target any of the zombies in range. He will remain where he is in the air but otherwise not move.

Here are the next few rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]

[roll20]
[roll21]

[roll22]
[roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25]

Dragoon
2008-01-07, 06:46 PM
Soren

Stepping out of the shop and still feeling the effects of his drinking, the very short man sees the line of zombies and the web undead and exclaims, "Well at least I found where the undead are, foul monsters." He holds his holy symbol as light appears around him.

Walks out of shop O5 and casts light of venya
hp 36/36 ac 21 flat 21 touch 10 f/8 r/2 w/8
[roll0]
to identify the zombies [roll1]

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-08, 11:53 PM
Lana

The elf sighs and cracks open her book. "You're a smart little horse..thing, right? Do you know where we are? Of course not, you don't understand me, do you?"

The wizardess began speaking to the animal as if it were human. A habit picked up from ages upon ages of pouring over arcane tomes without any sentient creatures to talk to. Even a rat offers better conversation than no conversation at all.

"When do you think your idiot of an owner is gonna wake up? You don't know? Ah, I see.."

oloknotwise
2008-01-09, 01:48 AM
THE MAPS
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round8B.png
Second Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round8B.png) (Yes, it is the same, since nothing really changed...)
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round9.png
Main Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round9.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Light Blue - Soren
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 9:
-Malteas shots an arrow at the zombie on H4, hitting with some great accuracy.
-Ashlyn fires a flare bolt at the same zombie that Malteas hit. She looks to Malteas, "I only have a few of these bolts left. We will soon need to come up with an alternative..."
-Zombie-Aidan is unable to move about the icy surface.
-The zombie on X8 slips and falls prone on the icy ground.
-The zombie on A10 just barely is able to stand on the ice.
-The zombie on C8 is unable to move through the web.
-The zombie on D10 slips and falls prone.
-The zombie on C9 is unable to get up from the prone position (in other words, balancing is not its thing...)
-The zombie on H7 moves to G8.
-The zombie on H8 is unable to move.
-Zombie-Delorn finally breaks free from the web, only becoming entangled.
-The zombie on H6 moves to G5 and starts to strike at the door to the tavern. It is, however, ineffective.
-The zombie on H4 also attacks the doors to the tavern, but too is ineffective.
-Soren steps out from the shop (side-note: the shop that Soren has come from is more like a grocery store that anything...with beer) on O5 and casts Light of Venya, causing his body to glow.
-The entomber moves to D7.
-The Ever Smiling manages to blast the entomber through the storm and web.
-End Round 9-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Soren (13,+0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

Meanwhile...
A door to the street that Lana, Windrunner and an unconscious Pieros occupy opens slightly. "Psst! You, lady with the horse!" Quick! Get inside before any zombies come about! We can revive your friend there!" A hand extends from the door way and summons Lana to its location.

13_CBS
2008-01-09, 01:51 AM
TES

"Hmm...houses of the living no longer houses, but barracks..."

TES takes out his rope again and, if he still has an action left, will fly over to Soren and indicate for him to grab on.

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-09, 03:13 AM
Lana

"That sounds nice and all, but..

It's not my horse."

The elf just shrugs. It really isn't her horse, and theres nothing she can do to make it stop..

Snowfall
2008-01-09, 07:03 AM
Windrunner

As he rode down the street, Windrunner ignored Lana's ramblings but instead spent his time looking for a safe place to stop. When the voice spoke from the door he slowed down in front of it.

Windrunner reared up slightly, causing the cargo on his back to bump, and then looked back at Lana, neighing.

An intelligence check will tell you he wants you to get off.

Dragoon
2008-01-10, 02:39 AM
Soren

Seeing the two zombies attack the tavern door, Soren mentally aims a ray at each, hoping to protect those that he assumes are inside, he says, "Find rest corrupted creatures of darkness."

Since Soren goes before TES, he won't see the warlock letting the rope to him, unless I'm mistaken, if that is the case then he grab onto the rope as he fires.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-10, 02:45 AM
Lana

Rather than dismount and provide an open target to anything nearby, Lana just grabs the horse's reins, atleast she thinks that is what they're called, and guides Windrunner over to the door. "Come out and help me get him off the horse. I can't lift him and all that armor."

Holocron Coder
2008-01-10, 07:22 AM
Malteas

Muttering oaths under his breath, Malteas fires a small volley at the zombies below.

Aim for the one he shot before, if it drops, target the second zombie with the second arrow.

Full Round: Rapid Shot (2 arrows, -2 atk)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

AC - 17
HP - 41/56

oloknotwise
2008-01-10, 11:19 PM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round10.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round10.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Light Blue - Soren
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 10:
-Malteas fire two arrows at the zombie on H5, both hitting with good accuracy.
-Ashlyn fires a flare bolt at the zombie on H5, just barely hitting it, but causing some damage.
-Both the zombie-Aidan and the zombie on X8 move to A8 and A7 respectively.
-The zombie on A10 does not move.
-The zombie on C8 moves to D8.
-The zombie on C9 manages to get up from the ground, but unable to move about.
-The zombie on D10 does not get up from the ground.
-The zombie on G8 moves to H7.
-Zombie-Delorn and the zombie on H8 are unable to move in the web.
-The zombie on H5 moves to N5 and attacks Soren, but misses horribly.
-The zombie on G5 moves to M5.
-Soren lets out two bolts of light, destroying the zombie on N5 and dealing a decent amount of damage to the zombie on M5.
-The entomber is unable to move about in the web.
-TES pulls out his rope from again and flies as far as he can this round.
-End Round 10-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Soren (13,+0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

The hand from the door retracts back into the house, and a moment later a young man steps out. He seems that he cannot be any older than 18 years of age, but he manages to pull Pieros from the saddle and slowly take him into the house. Lana notices immediately the symbol of Heironeuos strung around his neck, and the longsword strapped to his belt. Not too long afterwards he comes and helps Lana from the back of the horse, and politely guides her into the house. The door is just large enough that Windrunner may fit (if he decides to follow...).

Inside, Lana notices the strong scent of lavender. The house is littered of useless junk, and there is a large pile of furniture by the door (which is used as a barricade). A very old lady comes around the corner, with a few bottles in her hands. Pieros is strewn across an old chaise lounge in the next room.

13_CBS
2008-01-10, 11:48 PM
TES

"To the Line, Godservant!"

TES move over to Soren's position and will indicate to Soren to grab hold of the rope. If TES has any actions left, he will blast the zombie at M5.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragoon
2008-01-11, 12:51 AM
Soren

Seeing the flying man come towards him with a rope, he waits until he can grab the rope. If he was foe, I'm sure he would have been shot by those on the roof "I've got a hold, thanks for the help."

Delay until TES reaches him, and then grab on to the rope.

Holocron Coder
2008-01-12, 01:56 PM
Malteas

Watching the zombie move towards someone in the distance, Malteas fires another quick pair of arrows.

Rapid Shot zombie at M5/N5?

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-13, 02:31 AM
Lana

"So can anyone tell me whether my friend is going to be ok or not?"

oloknotwise
2008-01-16, 01:49 AM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round11.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round11.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Light Blue - Soren
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 11:
-Malteas fires two arrows at the zombie on M5, but one misses.
-Ashlyn fires a bolt at the zombie on M5, but misses.
-None of the zombie on A7, A8, A10, C9 and D8 are able to move about, but none of them fall prone.
-The zombie on D10 manages to get up off of the ground.
-The zombie on M5 moves to N5 and attacks Soren, but narrowly misses.
-Zombie-Delorn is finally able to move to I8.
-Soren waits for the warlock to get closer.
-The Entomber is able to move to E8.
-The Ever Smiling moves over Soren, allowing him to grab onto the rope. At the same time, TES manages to launch an Eldrich Blast at the zombie on N5.

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Soren (13,+0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

Ignoring Lana's question, the old lady forces a bottle into Lana's hand, then quietly turns to Pieros. At the same time, the teenage boy lets out a quick prayer and touches Pieros' wounds, healing them. He does this a few times.

The bottle given to Lana is a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8+3), as it will have a label. The healing provided to Pieros was three Cure Light Wounds spells.

Pieros' Healing (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1462701/)

Pieros should no longer be unconscious. :smallwink:

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-16, 02:12 AM
Lana

"Well fine then. I don't need you to talk to me. Isn't that right, Windrunner?" The elf moves over to the horse and pulls out her Radiant Sphere. She takes some time to pour more of her magical energy into the dead sphere. The room is soon filled with radiance as the sphere begins giving off light. "Man.. Could this day get any worse?"

Snowfall
2008-01-16, 05:44 AM
Peiros

Peiros eyes open and then he leans forward all of a sudden, reaching for his sword and looking desperately around the room. He spots the old lady, the young cleric of Heironeuos, then finally Lana and Windrunner.

"Please tell me this isn't as bad as I think it is, Lana" Peiros groans, "Where are the others?"

Still feeling beaten and burnt, Peiros slowly places his legs on the floor, and then reaches down for the belt around his waist. He smiles thankfully at the old woman and the young man.

Peiros activates his healing belt, using the last two charges, for 12 hp of healing (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1462825/).

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-16, 06:47 AM
The gray elf gets quiet. The light from her orb casts a dark shadow against the wall as her head hangs heavy. Her voice comes out slow and icy cold.. "Dead."

Snowfall
2008-01-16, 07:49 AM
"No!", Peiros cries, surging to his feet, "There must be something we can still do! I saw the trapsmith and the cloistered priest fall, but perhaps they can still be saved? Our mad friend surely flew free!"

Peiros rushes over to Windrunner's side, checking over his mount, concerned with the wounds he finds. He turns to Lana, a pained look in his eyes, "What would you advise Lana... I did little good in the battle but watch our friends fall. I would hate to see more fall still."

Not really sure how the actions here relate time-wise with the combat actions back at the square, but at some point Peiros will convert his "Divine Favor" into a Cure Light Wounds to cast on himself and Windrunner.
[roll0]

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-16, 08:17 AM
Lana

The elf is quiet for a good while. "The crazy one probably lived.. The other paladin probably did too. But.. All the rest of our group is dead. If we do this.."

She turns to leave, but first digs out a potion that the old woman gave her earlier. "You'll need this if we're going to save anyone. Come on, hurry up." She replaces the Radiant Sphere and begins moving toward the battlefield again.

Potion is Cure Moderate Wounds.

13_CBS
2008-01-16, 11:22 AM
TES

Straining with all his might, the nutty warlock flies the new priest over to the Paladin and the archer.

Double move action to H4, or as close as possible to Malteas and Ashlyn's position, making sure to fly high enough so that Soren won't go *clonk* on the walls.

oloknotwise
2008-01-16, 01:37 PM
LANA AND PIEROS

The young boy quickly moves to stop Lana from leaving. Without a word, he directs your attention to the old lady.

"It is not safe for you to head out there, as the zombies are known to roam about at any time," she explains, "but if you want to get back to your comrades, I am sure there is something we can do without putting you in danger..."

The lady comes forward to Lana and gives her two more bottles of Cure Moderate Wounds.

In-game time-wise, the battle should be done by now, but Lana and Pieros are unsure about the situation.

The old Lady is trying to ensure your safety, and you should hear a bit of trust in her old voice. She is, however, a little mysterious...

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-16, 02:26 PM
Lana

"I think you for your hospitality, but I have to go to my comrades. Regardless of the circumstances."

Lana leaves and begins heading back toward the battlefield.

I don't see how the battle would be over. At a full out run, Windrunner moves 100ft a round. The maximum range on Web is 160ft at my level. Since it didn't poof, that means we're only two rounds away. Dismounting is a full-round action, so it eats a round. Three Cure Light Wounds would be 3 rounds.

So at most, 6 rounds have passed?

After all, talking is a free action, so that isn't a problem.

Anyway, Lana is gonna return to the battlefield. She'll double-move until she spots a zombie.

Dragoon
2008-01-16, 03:16 PM
Soren

After the flying mage drops him off on the Soren, and seeing the other two on roof he states quickly before casting a spell, "I can't remember if we talked before, name's Soren." He turns towards the zombies as he casts a spell that light that softly radiants our him.

Let go when above roof, and then cast Light of Venya. Will aim at the two closest zombies with the blast next round, after the others shoot if they do. Assuming the zombies are within 30ft of course. :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Snowfall
2008-01-16, 03:48 PM
Peiros

"Lana, wait..." Peiros cries, but then moves towards the door. He pauses to turn back at his healers "It may be foolish, but I cannot let her go alone. Thank you for your help, if Pelor's light shines bright enough, we will follow it back to you. There is much we do not know about what is happening here."

Peiros mounts Windrunner and follows after Lana, downing the potion in his hand.

2d8+3

Edit: ack, I suck at the roller, here's with invisible castle
Cure moderate wounds from Lana (2d8 3=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1463255/)

Holocron Coder
2008-01-17, 07:28 AM
Malteas

"Malteas," the bowman grunts out, stringing up more arrows.

Attack on zombie in N5
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

oloknotwise
2008-01-17, 11:43 PM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round12.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round12.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Light Blue - Soren
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 12
-Malteas fires two more arrows at the zombie, both of them strike it. The zombie collapses.
-Ashlyn fires a flare bolt at the zombie on H7, but misses.
-The zombies on A7, A8, D8 and D10 all fall prone.
-The zombie on A10 moves to C10.
-The zombie on C9 moves to E9.
-The zombie on H7 moves to G5 and starts attacking the door to the tavern, but is ineffective.
-The zombie on I8 moves to H5 and starts attacking the door, but only leaves minor scratches.
-The zombie on H8 is unable to move.
-Soren holds his spell until he is safely on the roof.
-The entomber is unable to move.
-TES slowly moves Soren above the roof on H4. At that time, Soren casts another Light of Venya and gets ready to fire at more zombies.
-End Round 12-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Soren (13,+0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

13_CBS
2008-01-19, 12:38 PM
Sorry folks, but my internet decided to die this wednesday night, and I don't know when it will come back up. Until then, I won't be able to post much at all I think.

Sorry!

Olo: please go ahead and control TES in my stead if that suits you.

13_CBS
2008-01-21, 04:23 PM
TES

Cackling maniacally and no longer bound to ferry people about, the warlock flies over and starts blasting the nearby undead.

TES is no longer a horse! (for now).

Move over to H8 15 feet up in the air, blast the Entomber at E8.

[roll0]
[roll1]

oloknotwise
2008-01-24, 11:50 PM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round13.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round13.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Light Blue - Soren
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 13:
-The sleet storm dissipates.
-Malteas shoots two more arrows at the zombie below him, with only the first one hitting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3835019&postcount=3).
-Ashlyn fires another flarebolt and the zombie beneath her, but misses.
-The zombies on A7, A8 and C10 all move upwards in search of new food. The are gone from the encounter.
-The zombies on D8, E9 and D10 are unable to move.
-The zombie on H8 moves to H6.
-The zombies at the tavern door strike at it, but are ineffective.
-Soren fire two bolts of light at the closest zombies, the first one misses, but the second hits true.
-The entomber moves to B8.
-The ever smiling moves to H8 and fires an Eldrich Blast at the entomber. It barely stands.
-End Round 13-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Soren (13,+0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

Dragoon
2008-01-25, 01:24 AM
Soren

Watching as he misses one of the zombies, he concentrates as he prepares another ray, this time golden light comes around him.

Soren casts Light of Mercuria, I'm thinking it's going to be a wash, rinse, and repeat for him. :smallwink:

13_CBS
2008-01-25, 07:30 AM
TES

"Almost done, aren't you?" HA!

One more eldritch blast at the Entomber to finish it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

oloknotwise
2008-01-26, 09:06 PM
THE MAP:
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round14.png
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round14.png

Legend:
-Green - Malteas
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Light Blue - Soren
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 14:
-Malteas continues to fire arrows at the zombies, this time hitting (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3843979&postcount=4) the closest zombie (G5) with both arrows.
-Ashlyn fires one of her last few flarebolts at the same zombie that Malteas hit, which hits and causes a small explosion in the corpse.
-The three zombies still in the web are unable to move.
-The three zombies at the tavern door continue to try to attack the door, but are not doing to well.
-Soren casts Light of Mercuria.
-The entomber is unable to move about in the web.
-TES fires an Eldrich Blast at the entomber, destroying it.
-End Round 14-

Initiative Order:
-Malteas (21,+3)
-Ashlyn (18, -1)
-Zombies (15, +0)
-Soren (13,+0)
-Entombers (11, +0)

Dragoon
2008-01-26, 09:47 PM
Soren

Seeing the zombie destroyed, he concentrates and fires two rays at one of the zombies, the golden light vanishing as they fire, "If you don't mind my asking, what brought you here?"

Fire both rays at whatever zombie Maltreas does not.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

13_CBS
2008-01-27, 01:57 PM
TES

Unsure as to whom the cleric was speaking to, the warlock continues to blast the zombies to pieces.

EB on the zombie at G5.

[roll0]
[roll1]

oloknotwise
2008-01-29, 11:44 AM
THE MAP
http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round15.png
The Map (http://usera.imagecave.com/oloknotwise10/Ravenloft/ENCOUNTERE3Round15.png)

Legend:
-Green - Malteas
-Pink - Ashlyn
-Light Blue - Soren
-Dark Green - Zombies
-Dark Red - Entomber

Events of Round 15
-Maltease fires some more arrows, with both the first (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1476127/) and second (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1476131/) arrows hitting the zombie on G5.
-Ashlyn fires another flarebolt at the same zombie. The minor explosion was just enough to cause the zombie to fall.
-The zombie on H6 moves to G5 and starts to attack the door, with little success.
-The zombie on D8 moves to B8, while the zombie on E9 moves to C9. The zombie on D10 moves out the web (just barely) and leaves to find an easier source of food.
-The zombie on H5 attacks the door, and is unable to make any significant damage.
-Soren fires the two bolts of his Light of Mercuria at the new zombie on G5, hitting with good accuracy.
-TES fires an Eldrich blast at the zombie on G5, hitting it and causing it to fall.
-The window behind Soren opens up and a man sticks his head out. "Please, get inside, we have reinforced the door so no zombies should get in!" At the same time, he manages to throw an Alchemtist's Fire at the web, causing it to burn.
-Battle is Over-

Everyone alive (including Lana and Pieros) receives 1440 xp. You may fire a few more attacks at the zombies, but they are of little threat for the time being.

Lana and Pieros will be arriving in the town square shortly.

On their way back, Pieros hears a strange "clink" in his possessions.

13_CBS
2008-01-29, 08:00 PM
TES

"Ah! A stranger! But a moment, if you will..."

He goes off to find the former bodies of his comrades and proceeds to burn them to ash.

"Rest in that great Peace, comrades...rest.

Combat's over, of course, but since TES is uneasy about leaving behind any remains, he will fly over to Aidan and Delorn's desecrated corpses and will EB them until literally only ashes are left.

Snowfall
2008-01-29, 09:33 PM
Peiros

Hearing a strange sound, Peiros searches about for the source while Windrunner rides beside Lana.

oloknotwise
2008-01-29, 11:08 PM
As Pieros searches through his pack, he happens upon a small silver pendant in the shape of a maple leaf on a silver chain. There is a note attached to the pendant.

(OOC-If you read the note:)
The note reads:
Your haste to get back to combat may be your downfall, but this pendant may save you.

As for TES, he soon realizes that the Aidan-Zombie has disappeared from combat a little while ago, and is no longer anywhere near the town square. However, the corpse of Delorn has been reduced to dust.

Meanwhile, the web eventually burns away, and the scorched zombies inside all escape in search for easier food, as does the zombie at the tavern door. With the sight of the zombies leaving, Ashlyn and some of the villagers rush out into the town square and immediately begin to repair the broken barricade.

Snowfall
2008-01-30, 05:52 PM
Peiros

After reading the note, Peiros looks back over his shoulder towards the house of the people who had healed him. After a moment's hesitation, he slips the silver chain around his neck, so that it rests next to the symbol of Pelor. With a quick prayer to the sun god, he concentrates again on the road ahead.

oloknotwise
2008-01-30, 09:31 PM
After a bit of time, the civilians near the completion of the barricade. Just in time, Lana and Pieros arrive to get into the temporary safety of the town square.

With the barricades up once more, the civilians all retreat back into the tavern. Inside, Ashlyn graciously thanks each of you. "Though things did not go as planned, I must thank you for your help."

13_CBS
2008-01-30, 09:50 PM
TES

The odd warlock gives a nod to Ashlyn and says, "The plans of rats and men go ever awry, yes?

What brings you to this Shadow, Lady?"

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-30, 10:14 PM
Lana

When the gray elf sees The Ever Smiling still alive, she greets the madman with a smile and a wave. "You crazy bastard! I'm so glad you survived that mess.. Guess it's just us now, huh?"

13_CBS
2008-01-30, 10:16 PM
TES

It's hard to tell beneath the mask, but the warlock seems to have a genuine smile on his face.

"Ah, Spellweaver! Once again, Inferno has not consumed you. That is good.

Regrettably, Inferno has taken the rest, as well. And so we are two."

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-30, 10:18 PM
Lana

She turns to Peiros and whispers. "I never understand a damn thing he says, but it's good to hear his voice."

13_CBS
2008-01-30, 10:21 PM
TES

Fortunately, the warlock's hearing isn't quite sharp enough to hear Lana's words (and even if it were, he wouldn't care).

With nothing much more to do, The Ever Smiling begins slowly corkscrewing in the air while humming a ditty.

Dragoon
2008-01-31, 02:04 AM
Soren

Slightly put off by the retreat of the undead, the short cleric takes his time coming down, and can only nod to the young woman who seemed to have ignored him. Did I do something before I got drunk to tick this town off or something?

Waiting in the tavern and seeing the two new people, one of which who talked to the crazy flying man, and decides to speak with her. Walking up and looking up at the elvish woman, "Excuse me, miss, my name is Soren and was wondering what brought you and your companions, here.

Of course, knowing my luck, I did something to wrong her to, blast it Pelor, why does alcohol have to be so bewitching!

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-31, 03:53 AM
Lana

The elf woman squints when she looks at Soren. "Do I know you? I don't know why, but you look very familiar. You also look like someone who's broken something important to me. I dunno, something about you, I guess. Either way, I only have one companion, and thats the man floating in the air over there. We came here as.. Well. We had a letter, but it disappeared when one of our companions sank into the ground with all of his equipment still on his corpse."

Holocron Coder
2008-01-31, 07:36 AM
Malteas

Coming down from the roof, Malteas sits in the tavern with the rest of the square's defenders. Surprisingly, next to him sits a panting wolf which looks around the room excitedly. Petting the creature, the bowman speaks up, "I am sorry for the loss of your comrades, elf and flying one. I have seen many good men fall to these abominations."

Snowfall
2008-01-31, 09:33 AM
Peiros

Despite the solemn mood he is in, Peiros breaks out into smile also when he sees the floating warlock.

"It's good to see you my twirly friend, I see you once again have not only survived, but thrived." Then his voice falters, and Peiros drops his gaze downwards, "I'm sorry I lacked the strength to do more to help the rest of our companions. May Pelor light their path to the beyond."

Turning to the Ashlyn and the newcomers, , "My name is Peiros Solsword. And although I have fought and fallen alongside my companions here, I too do not know what is happening. What curse plagues this town?"

Dragoon
2008-01-31, 04:47 PM
Soren

"Did I hear you mention Pelor, Peiros Solseeker?" A smile appears on his face before the realization of the rest of Peiros's words affect Soren. "You had other companions, I am sorry I was too late as well. Pelor must be lighting there way if they are your companion."

Turning back to the elven woman. "If I have done something to wrong you, I apologize, please allow me to help you with your mission. I must have have been summoned here by Pelor." As he bows.

oloknotwise
2008-02-01, 01:00 AM
A mutter of voices, a clatter of dishware, and the squeal of a poorly played wind instrument usher in this rambling building. Outside, a sign hanging precariously askew reads "Blood on the Vine Tavern."

Inside, the tavern is filled with various townspeople that have taken refuge from the zombies, ranging from a few families (oddly enough, including the civilians you saved before), the barkeep, three hooded, shady men (TES and Lana will somewhat remember the figure that gave them the letter the day before as they look upon these men), and a young man dressed in some dirty, yet somewhat elegant and noble, clothing.

Near the center the tavern stands (or sits) the group that defended the square. A blond female in full plate sits among them.

"Had you not arrived when you did, I doubt I could have held this last wave back," she says with a small smile, "The zombies never breached the barricades before. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your companions."

After a small pause as she looks to the men that rebuilt the barricade, "I am sorry that I have not formally introduced myself. My name is Ashlyn. I, and my companions, are called Lightbringers. We slay undead wherever we can find them. We'd heard that Barovia was thick with the horrors."

In-game, it is somewhat late in the day, getting well into the night.

13_CBS
2008-02-01, 01:19 AM
TES

The warlock, tired of corkscrewing, finally lands and introduces himself.

"A hail to you, Lady. The Ever Smiling, at your service.

We follow not the trail of the dead but a trail of words...perhaps Spellweaver," he motions to Lana, "Could shed a Light on this matter, for as you can see, lucidity is not my speciality..."

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-01, 01:23 AM
Lana

"I'm sorry, Ms. Paladin, but we're in despite need of supplies, so if you don't mind; I'm gonna need to borrow my companions. You're welcome to help us, of course." Lana leaves the inn after motioning for TES and Peiros to follow her. She takes out her glowing little ball and starts looting zombie corpses for anything useful she can get her hands on.

If Ashlyn follows: "We got a letter, though we don't know what happened to it after our friend with the axes disappeared. He was holding on to it at the time."

Rule #2 of Adventuring: Never forget to loot the corpses.

13_CBS
2008-02-01, 01:30 AM
TES

Smiling rummages around for any kind of sack and floats off after the elf, humming another ditty.

Snowfall
2008-02-01, 06:23 AM
Peiros

Peiros nods to Lana and turns to Ashlyn, "Your pardon, Lady Lightbringer, but we'll be right back." Drawing his sword he walks outside, alert for more zombies.

Peiros calls out to TES, "Can you assist me in giving these corpses their last rites? Reduce them to dust so we know they will rest in peace."

If TES agrees, Peiros will follow after Lana, give a quick prayer over the deceased, before TES does his stuff.

oloknotwise
2008-02-02, 03:17 AM
The group searches the corpses for loot, and their efforts manage to bring some minor items up.

Loot:
-330 gp
-Masterwork Sling
-A small rectangular block of sweet smelling incense

Also, since Delorn's body is still there, you may loot that body. However, that is only if Daedu will allow that. It is his old character, and looting him will only be with his permission.

Ashlyn follows everyone outside. "A letter? Despite the lack of it in you possession, do you recall what was on it, and who it was written by?"

Opposite to the tavern sparse light gleams from the gaps in the boarded-up windows of the building. A sign over the door creaks on its hinges proclaiming "Bildrath's Mercantile."

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-02, 03:50 AM
In the event that Lana dies, you may loot with impunity. Primarily because most of her stuff is usable by everyone in the group.

Lana

Regardless of whether Delorn's body is looted or not, the gray elf drags his corpse aside and poses him in a respectable manner. She then says a short prayer to Pelor to guide Delorn's soul back to heaven. Once everyone has paid their respects, she casts Flaming Sphere and sets the ball on top of Delorn's corpse.

Once he's burned to dust, she collects the dust in a pouch on her belt just in case she can find a cleric later who can resurrect him.

Once that's done, she finally replies to Ashlyn. "All I rmeember is that we had to meet some.. Ah.. I've forgotten. My apologies, maybe The Ever Smiling will remember."

She points toward the shop across the way. "Is that place empty?"

Rule #3 of Adventuring: Don't forget to loot the ruins. :smallbiggrin:

Dragoon
2008-02-02, 04:42 AM
Soren

Following the others, slightly behind, he watches as they are dealing with the corpses. He mutters quietly, asking Pelor to help those that have died. He walks over to Lana and says "Well, it had good spirits, and if I remember right there might be something else in there. I wish I remember more, but the sounds of battle drew me out."

13_CBS
2008-02-02, 07:42 AM
TES

Smiling nods at Peiros's request and goes about incinerating the other corpses. Then he hears Ashlyn's inquiries.

"Hmm? Ah, yes. Three names, both encased in Ignorance. Kolyan? A burgonmaster of a forgotten place? And Ireena, once lost and now looked for? And Barovia, a broken land both with lord and without lord...

The hand who wrote it is unknown..."

Snowfall
2008-02-02, 04:10 PM
Peiros

While the others talk, Peiros walks over to Windrunner's side, running his hand along the horse's neck.

"Quite a day, my friend" Peiros says to Windrunner, "Thank you for saving my life. Again. Now rest, I'll see you soon."

Peiros dismisses Windrunner and then returns to stand beside Lana. "I don't mean to cut this conversation short, but if we want more supplies," he points to the Mercantile, "we should hurry. We'll be weaker in the dark."

oloknotwise
2008-02-02, 10:27 PM
Ashlyn stands silently for a moment at the comment made by TES; a small look of confusion appears over her face. However, she eventually is able to break the silence. "Though I recognize the names, your descriptions of them seem a bit... bizarre," she states in an odd tone, "Kolyan is in fact the Burgonmaster of Barovia, and Ireena is his daughter. His son sits inside the tavern. It shouldn't be hard to find him, as he often tries to make himself look like a nobleman. But otherwise, I do not understand the other detail that you presented."

She turns to Lana directly. "That shop is definitely not empty, as the shopkeeper often ensures that the barricades are kept together. His products are quite unique to this area, or more likely, he is the only one to sell proper gear for adventurers."

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-03, 12:44 PM
Lana

Lana turns toward her companions. "Well, since the shopkeeper is alive we can't loot it. Hmm.. I'll need to redo my spells for tomorrow, as I am running rather low. If at all possible, could we rest for today?"

oloknotwise
2008-02-03, 02:59 PM
"Ah yes, as much as I would like to get going to find m comrades, it is best that we rest the night. I am sure that the barkeep will provide lodging for you without any hassle." Ashlyn motions back to the tavern with a welcoming hand.

All accommodations will be free for the night in the Tavern. Feel free to talk a bit more, but when you are ready, the next day will come.

A note about the shop:
This is the only legitimate shop that is open for business in Barovia. There are other shops around the village, but since the Town Square is the only "safe place" left (sort of), the other shops are most likely abandoned, or overrun by zombies and other things.

Dragoon
2008-02-03, 05:14 PM
Soren

Checking his pockets and believing he does not have enough money to buy anything new, he states,
"Thank you, Ashlyn, for the suggestion. But first, does anyone need the healing of Pelor for their wounds?"

13_CBS
2008-02-03, 06:23 PM
TES

Not having much to say, the warlock flits about the ruined square, incinerating the remaining corpses for the new paladin to bless.

Snowfall
2008-02-03, 06:47 PM
Peiros

"Please, father" Peiros responds to Soren as they walk into the tavern, "I would appreciate Pelor's healing grace, it's been a rough day."

Turning to Ashlyn, Peiros speaks "My Lady Lightbringer, how long has this curse plagued this town? I could feel an evil taint as the zombies struck me, and the undead appear to rise where the living fall. Is there some unholy disease gripping the land?"

oloknotwise
2008-02-03, 09:14 PM
Ashlyn turns to Soren as she makes her way back to the Tavern. "Save your healing, my Pelorian friend for the others, I can ensure my health." She pulls out a bottle from her possessions and drinks it, suddenly feeling much more revitalized.

"My comrades and I arrived shortly after the curse has started," she replies to Pieros' question, "Thendrick, a faithful servant of Pelor, and Mathilda, a fighter of great renown, wanted to check out the church to the northwest. The townsfolk believe that's where the zombies arise. Everyone told them to talk to Madam Eva first - she's some sort of wise woman who lives west of town, the same one who apparently knows about the Sunsword. But they wouldn't listen, those arrogant clods. They went to the church, confident they could handle whatever they found without needing advice. That was three days ago. I haven't heard from them since, and haven't been able to venture beyond this square.

"My personal encounter with the zombies does make it seem like they are unnatural... more unnatural than zombies normally come. With the presence of these zombies, I have heard the townsfolk curse the name 'Strahd' multiple times, though that could just be the local equivalent of the evil eye... I think."

She thinks for a moment, then continues, "If you are here to destroy zombies, our aims likely coincide. Will you help me find my companions, escape town and talk to Madam Eva?"

Ashlyn is offering to come along with you and aid you as you make your way through the town. After the last encounter, she is a 6th level Paladin.

Snowfall
2008-02-03, 11:01 PM
Peiros

"I feel humbled by our last battle with the zombies. It is the first time my strength has failed me so completely, if not for Lana and Windrunner..."

Peiros' voice catches for a moment, but then becomes firm again, "I for one would welcome the strength of your arm, Lady Lightbringer."

"As to the Sunsword and Madam Eva, can you describe her?" Peiros pulls the silver maple leaf pendant from around his neck, "This was given to me by an old lady who helped Lana and I, with a note that said with it we might survive. I know not its purpose, but faith prompted me to wear it."

Dragoon
2008-02-03, 11:24 PM
Soren

"I don't believe my opinion matters much, since but if I can travel with you all, I would be glad to have another servant of the light to help." He steps over to Peiros,
"Father, that's something I don't hear often." He smiles as he places his hand on him and activates his belt.

[roll0]