PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder any way to dominate or charm naive outsiders?

Draconi Redfir
2020-08-08, 06:43 PM
Recently discovered that "Dominate person" Doesn't apply to the likes of Ifrits and Sylphs. Any google results i'm finding are just in regards to non-native outsiders, or re-affirming that dominate person doesn't apply to native outsiders.

ARE there any ways you know of to charm or dominate Ifrits, Sylps, Unine and the like? or am i out of luck here?

Dr_Dinosaur
2020-08-08, 07:06 PM
Charm/Dominate Monster is explicitly for this

Zanos
2020-08-08, 07:30 PM
Does polymorphing change creature types in pathfinder? If you change them into a humanoid they'll no longer be immune.

Draconi Redfir
2020-08-08, 08:45 PM
Charm/Dominate Monster is explicitly for this

h'uh, oddly thought that was only for animals and, well, monsters. guess it's broader then i thought. i'll have to look into that. Thanks!

mindstalk
2020-08-08, 08:58 PM
h'uh, oddly thought that was only for animals and, well, monsters. guess it's broader then i thought. i'll have to look into that. Thanks!

" This spell functions like charm person, except that the effect is not restricted by creature type or size. "

Draconi Redfir
2020-08-08, 09:32 PM
good to know. i'll be sure to pick that up as soon as i'm able. Thanks!

Elysiume
2020-08-08, 10:01 PM
h'uh, oddly thought that was only for animals and, well, monsters. guess it's broader then i thought. i'll have to look into that. Thanks!There's actually a separate pair of spells specifically for animals (Charm Animal and Dominate Animal, naturally). Oddly, Dominate Animal is incredibly short compared to Dominate Person/Monster — 1 round per level instead of 1 day per level.

Wildstag
2020-08-09, 02:27 AM
Also consider the second level spell Daze Monster. Few things resist it, and it affects 6hd and lower.

Bavarian itP
2020-08-09, 02:34 AM
You could just use bluff to get naive outsiders on your side.

Seto
2020-08-09, 02:49 AM
You start a scam, defrauding the elderly. You then summon an Angel, and explain that the elderly need money. This naive outsider gives them something, you take it from then again. Boom.

Oooh, native Outsiders? Yeah, Charm/Dominate monster. Being a native Outsider also carries the unfortunate effect of not being a valid target for Enlarge Person.

Asmotherion
2020-08-09, 03:54 AM
Naive outsiders? you lure them with candy and a chance at a better quality of life obviously... Then run Wish Granting Sweatshops.

PS: I love autocorrect. Gives us the best commedy on this forum XD

Psyren
2020-08-10, 09:38 AM
PS: I love autocorrect. Gives us the best commedy on this forum XD

Irony :smalltongue:

@OP - a native outsider's immunity to "X Person" spells is part of the advantage conferred by their creature type. But there are other charms and compulsions that will work regardless, even before you get up to the more powerful "Monster" spells, such as Suggestion.