PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Scion of Talmandor summon ability - at will?

Heavenblade
2020-08-10, 02:05 PM
I must be missing something...But it seems like there is no written limit for this archetype's ability to summon Avoral agathions for about 1 minute each time - its not a combat powerhouse, but it gives the paladin an at will access to Truespeech, True seeing, Aid, Magic circle, Dispel magic, Dimension door, and 90 ft perfect fly speed.

What am I missing here? us there a general rule that limits the amount of summonings this archetype gets, or is it really that strong?

legomaster00156
2020-08-10, 04:54 PM
While not official errata, in Pathfinder Society organized play, it is ruled as a once/day ability.

Gnaeus
2020-08-10, 06:40 PM
While not official errata, in Pathfinder Society organized play, it is ruled as a once/day ability.

In my game, I’d probably just limit it to one at a time.

It’s a bit stronger than the Lillend (SM6) but weaker than Movanic Deva (SM7). You get it at 11th level, when caster supremacy is really fairly likely. It may give you a slight edge over something like a summoning specced wizard for a couple of levels until they edge you out forever. Even at 11, a summoner could summon more than one thing per combat and have more options. It doesn’t seem like it breaks things in a game with forum optimization, as long as you can’t chain summon them and have dozens on the map at once.