PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Which Weapon for a House Kundarak Abjuration Wizard?

Citadel97501
2020-08-10, 08:25 PM
Hello all, I am about to start a game in which I am playing a single class Kundarak Dwarf: Abjuration Wizard, who acts as an investigator/bounty hunter for bank robbers, and I know I plan on carrying around a proper melee weapon and due to dwarven weapon training this seems possible, but I am kind of stuck between which weapon to carry?

Stats are irrelevant as the DM had us roll stats that are pretty godly...

Skills: Investigation, History, Arcana, Intimidation
Battle Axes: Traditional, dwarven image is an axe wielder.
Warhammers: Lighter and still rather traditional.

I would like someway to have the axe act as an arcane focus but I can't figure out anyway to get that working, under current rules.

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-10, 08:38 PM
A hammer would work I think.

JackPhoenix
2020-08-10, 09:23 PM
You're a dwarf, so whichever shows your status best, i.e. whichever is the shiniest.

I would go for a handaxe, actually. You can use a pair for TWF, and it's less conspicuous than full-sized battleaxe or warhammer, so you'll draw less unwanted attention. They can also be thrown, which is always a plus.

Ruby of the Warmage from XGtE is a common magic item that can be attached to a weapon to make it work as a spellcasting focus. And it's a gem, so we're back to shiny bling.

Citadel97501
2020-08-12, 12:33 AM
You're a dwarf, so whichever shows your status best, i.e. whichever is the shiniest.

I would go for a handaxe, actually. You can use a pair for TWF, and it's less conspicuous than full-sized battleaxe or warhammer, so you'll draw less unwanted attention. They can also be thrown, which is always a plus.

Ruby of the Warmage from XGtE is a common magic item that can be attached to a weapon to make it work as a spellcasting focus. And it's a gem, so we're back to shiny bling.

Thanks that is perfect :)

Dankus Memakus
2020-08-12, 04:28 AM
Hello all, I am about to start a game in which I am playing a single class Kundarak Dwarf: Abjuration Wizard, who acts as an investigator/bounty hunter for bank robbers, and I know I plan on carrying around a proper melee weapon and due to dwarven weapon training this seems possible, but I am kind of stuck between which weapon to carry?

Stats are irrelevant as the DM had us roll stats that are pretty godly...

Skills: Investigation, History, Arcana, Intimidation
Battle Axes: Traditional, dwarven image is an axe wielder.
Warhammers: Lighter and still rather traditional.

I would like someway to have the axe act as an arcane focus but I can't figure out anyway to get that working, under current rules.

For style I think warhammer is so cool but my dragnmarked dwarf abjurer for sure ended up using his dagger sadly but if you have the stats, go for the hammer!