PDA

View Full Version : Help me name it?

Tengu
2007-10-31, 06:03 AM
A thread where fellow playgrounders help you remember stuff from the past that you forgotten!

I'll start with this one - there was a cartoon which I remember liking very much as a lil' kid. It was about a polar bear who was raised by rabbits, and when he grew up he went on a journey in a balloon with his best friend (who was a rabbit) in order to find his folk. It took place on an archipelago, and the whole cartoon was made in CGI (and those were early nineties we're talking about). For a kids' show, it had a very mythical and mysterious feeling, which I liked very much. Anyone remember what cartoon was that?

jamroar
2007-10-31, 07:27 AM
A thread where fellow playgrounders help you remember stuff from the past that you forgotten!

I'll start with this one - there was a cartoon which I remember liking very much as a lil' kid. It was about a polar bear who was raised by rabbits, and when he grew up he went on a journey in a balloon with his best friend (who was a rabbit) in order to find his folk. It took place on an archipelago, and the whole cartoon was made in CGI (and those were early nineties we're talking about). For a kids' show, it had a very mythical and mysterious feeling, which I liked very much. Anyone remember what cartoon was that?

Hmm, is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcYaU9qpLk) it?

RelentlessImp
2007-10-31, 07:57 AM
I got one: This was a cartoon back in the 80s or 90s. It had your usual team of heroes; four guys and one girl (I think). The last episode I ever caught had a dastardly evil plan of man-eating flowers, and some scientist came up with a suit that was supposed to protect against the flowers' digestive juices. So the episode ends with the girl, in the suit, getting trapped in a flower, and an airstrike being called in to firebomb the flowers out of existance, with the girl still in the flower.

I bawled like a baby (I was 8!). Anyone know what show that was? I'd like to watch it again...

Tengu
2007-10-31, 09:00 AM
Hmm, is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAcYaU9qpLk) it?

Indeed! Thanks. I wonder was it ever translated to English?

MostlyHarmless
2007-10-31, 10:28 AM
Ok, I was in love with an animated series that was like early Anime style. This was in the late 70s or early 80s. (same vein as Kid Racer I think) It had a group of kid super space heroes with bird like costumes and a little creature/robot (can't remember) that only said "Brrroootooot".

jamroar
2007-10-31, 10:54 AM
Ok, I was in love with an animated series that was like early Anime style. This was in the late 70s or early 80s. (same vein as Kid Racer I think) It had a group of kid super space heroes with bird like costumes and a little creature/robot (can't remember) that only said "Brrroootooot".

Sounds like "Battle of the Planets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_planets)", the americanization of the anime Science Ninja Team Gatchaman

Blayze
2007-10-31, 11:49 AM
Ah, such an opportune topic for me. I've been trying to remember the name of this movie for quite some time now.

It's a sci-fi movie of some sort, and evidently an old one. I can only remember one scene. There's a man, a pregnant woman and a humanoid robot of some sort turning a crank on what I assume is a power system. I can't remember if they're in a cave or not, but I think I remember something about an icy environment.

Anyway, the robot says something along the lines of "Another strong pair of arms to turn the crank" in reference to the unborn baby, to which the man states something like "I hate to break it to you, but human babies are born into a state of helplessness."

The robot then says "I'm being outnumbered." or something like that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.