PDA

View Full Version : Character to play?

Teaguethebean
2020-08-13, 03:36 AM
I started to play a humblewood game this week and in the first combat I died. I was a rogue and I went into melee against an enemy, turns out they were a bandit chief and they downed me in one turn, with the cleric also dropping and our fighter preoccupied I died from death saves. So now I need a new character we are level 1 and we are going to lv5. I made a Luma paladin planning to go Hexblade but I'm not dead set on it. The DM said I can change stuff as I made the character in like 15 minutes.

So I come to you all, in a party of 3 with a cleric and fighter what should I play?

Mikaleus
2020-08-13, 05:10 AM
With a cleric and a Fighter in play, I’d be tempted to play a Bard (skills and support ) I feel like any college you choose would compliment this trio going to level 5. Swords, Glamor for THP, my favourites

NecessaryWeevil
2020-08-13, 11:54 AM
Which directions are the cleric and fighter going? Can you expect one or both of them to be frontline fighters? Does the cleric look like they're going for melee and self-buffing? Blasting? Crowd control?

Man_Over_Game
2020-08-13, 01:07 PM
You got a couple tanky characters, even if they aren't built for tankiness. What they lack is noncombat options. I'd agree that some kind of squishy utility caster fills the most empty space in the team so far. Like a Divination Wizard or something.

Teaguethebean
2020-08-13, 03:21 PM
Which directions are the cleric and fighter going? Can you expect one or both of them to be frontline fighters? Does the cleric look like they're going for melee and self-buffing? Blasting? Crowd control?
They are using the community domain from humblewood, he is kinda like s grave cleric in party role.

Emongnome777
2020-08-13, 08:15 PM
I don't know much about Humblewood, but with as 3 characters, a Shepherd druid would seem a good fit, unless it'll step on the cleric's toes too much. A ranged weapon ranger would probably work as well.

8wGremlin
2020-08-14, 12:00 AM
Having a quick read through Humblewood
some things that stand out.

College of the Road Bard tradition is very potent, being able to get a classes signature ability for bardic dice /time or use is potent.
Jerbeen race with their bonus to CHA and DEX are good, especially with their BONUS action ability to HELP action.
Bright Gallus, with their unlimted spend and action to grant +1d4 on attacks, saves, or skills is also potent.

OldTrees1
2020-08-14, 12:34 AM
So I come to you all, in a party of 3 with a cleric and fighter what should I play?

Hmm. Bard or Arcane Trickster would be good fits.

Wizard_Lizard
2020-08-14, 12:42 AM
A wizard might be nice.