PDA

View Full Version : Thri-Kreen: Too many hands!

Laurellien
2007-10-31, 11:04 AM
A player of mine is building a Thri-Kreen character. It has four arms (naturally), how many of them are considered to be off-hands?

playswithfire
2007-10-31, 11:09 AM
Three shall be the number counted and the number counted shall be three

Indon
2007-10-31, 11:18 AM
Three shall be the number counted and the number counted shall be three

Five is right out, except in those circumstances when enchanted with a spell that grants an additional set of arms.

Edit: Also, Thri-keen take the Multiattack/Multi-weapon fighting line, rather than the Two-weapon fighting line of feats. They are mechanically equivalent, though.

Keld Denar
2007-10-31, 11:43 AM
With multiweapon fighting/multiattack
If you attack with 4 weapons, the number of 2ndary attacks is 3 (4 if you bite, and you should)

<abuse>
If you attack with 2 twohanded weapons (such as spiked chains) you only have 1 offhand attack (2 if you bite, which you should)

<abuse+1>
If you use spiked chains and take Exotic Weapon Master, you can flurry with both during a full attack action to do mean things to people
</abuse>

Carry on, nothing to see here

PS - mad props for double Monty Python references above ^^

Person_Man
2007-10-31, 11:52 AM
Thri Kreen have some hefty LA and racial Hit Dice. So they're usually pretty fragile compared to other PCs, even if they do get a boat load of attacks. And they make lousy spellcasters, which makes CoDzilla impossible.

Kyeudo
2007-10-31, 12:33 PM
Thri Kreen have some hefty LA and racial Hit Dice. So they're usually pretty fragile compared to other PCs, even if they do get a boat load of attacks. And they make lousy spellcasters, which makes CoDzilla impossible.

Tiger Claw focused Warblades could still have some fun, since those hit dice partialy count for initiator levels. Just check Girralion Windmill Fleshrip. Not everything has to be CoDzilla to be ridiculous.

Hyfigh
2007-10-31, 12:38 PM
The ECL can hurt, but with the right builds and reasonable amounts of alternative sources of damage to the attacks (sneak attack and such) they can really mow things down.

brian c
2007-10-31, 01:27 PM
Tiger Claw focused Warblades could still have some fun, since those hit dice partialy count for initiator levels. Just check Girralion Windmill Fleshrip. Not everything has to be CoDzilla to be ridiculous.

If anyone has seen my ToB suggestive builds anytime that comes up, you would know that GWFR is my favorite maneuver ever. Mmmmmm d6s

Yvanehtnioj
2007-10-31, 01:46 PM
I like Thri-Kreen too.

Don't forget that they begin with:

2 levels in 'Monstrous Humanoid' due to their 2 HD.
2 levels in 'Monster' due to their racial level adjustment.

A level 1 Thri-Kreen Ranger, then is equivalent to a 5th level character.
(See the Expanded Psionics HB for more on thri-kreen.)

SadisticFishing
2007-11-01, 12:42 AM
There's a non-psionic version of Thri-kreen with only an LA+1 and 2 racial hit dice. The dice are even full BAB!

Ninja Chocobo
2007-11-01, 01:10 AM

Nononono! You go Diamond Mind. Time Stands Still + Thri-Kreen + CharOp = 28 attacks.

(That's a lot of attacks)

SadisticFishing
2007-11-01, 01:12 AM
Nononono! You go Diamond Mind. Time Stands Still + Thri-Kreen + CharOp = 28 attacks.

(That's a lot of attacks)

No, you go both and attack 28 times in a round with a whole bunch of extra damage dice for Girallon's Flesh Rip. Full attack on a charge is good, and +30 jump makes Dragon Slaying Strike (I think that's the one, the stun one) ridiculously good.